Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Thursday July 28th at the only Saturn Dealer in OKC. The Saturn Sky will be on display for anybody who wants to take a look at it. it will be there all day thursday and then from 8-1 on friday. Just thought you all would like to know!!

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
New release date

I called my Saturn Dealer here in Roseville, CA today to see what information they could give me about the new Sky. The first thing he told me was Saturn had moved up the release date to December :willy: because December is usualy a slow month for car sales and Saturn wanted to use the Sky to increse there sales. Now we wait and see.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Sprinkle on about 10 metric tons of NaCl on that Dec time frame. For one thing it's the 2007 Sky. It can't be named 2007 till the 2006 year. Also after the "Summer 2005" Solstice dabacle GM is going to think twice about every trying to bring a car out ahead of schedule.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I hear ya. Not putting much stock in the Dec release date. But it would be nice. That would mean that the Red Line would be out sooner.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
fkeillor said:
I hear ya. Not putting much stock in the Dec release date. But it would be nice. That would mean that the Red Line would be out sooner.
Not necisarily because remember this line of cars starts with the Solstice, not the Sky. Therefore development more then likely has been in progress on the higher powered Solstice GXP long before pre-production Skys even rolled off the line instead of being hand built. So release dates for these cars is more then likely based off Solstice development of the GXP model and will be ready when they're done working on that car. If you think about it, it makes sense.

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
Not necisarily because remember this line of cars starts with the Solstice, not the Sky. Therefore development more then likely has been in progress on the higher powered Solstice GXP long before pre-production Skys even rolled off the line instead of being hand built. So release dates for these cars is more then likely based off Solstice development of the GXP model and will be ready when they're done working on that car. If you think about it, it makes sense.
And since we have our Solstice date (August 1st), our GXP/RL date should be one year from now according to the reliable rumors.

Well.... that means I will be giving a nice Birthday present to myself in 2006!

·
Registered
242 Posts
in the southeast

The salesman that sold us our ION, told that i could expect delivery in January...Hope that's true....December sounds a lot better, though!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a call from the dealer in OKC and he said that the Sky they have there is the Midnight Blue one!! I will be taking pictures of it later tonight when I get off work!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Just Got Back From Viewing The Prototype In Okc..awesome!!! I Posted Pics But Not Sure Where They Went Fter I Posted Them?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
wdsnok said:
I Just Got Back From Viewing The Prototype In Okc..awesome!!! I Posted Pics But Not Sure Where They Went Fter I Posted Them?
PM sent.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well everyone, I just got back from looking at this Midnight Blue Sky, and I have to tell you, that is one AWESOME COLOR!!!! pictures do not do this color justice!!! I took 14 pictures for your enjoyment :) I hope you like them :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
AWSOME detail!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DuSpinnst said:
AWSOME detail!

I thanks, I tried to get as many close ups as possible for everyone to get a better look at things :) for one, I never noticed the rear back up light before. I like it!!! it kinda looks like a rear fog light they use in Europe :)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The only problem with the reverse light on the SKy I have is it looks so low. Who was it designed for, children playing under your car? :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
brentil said:
The only problem with the reverse light on the SKy I have is it looks so low. Who was it designed for, children playing under your car? :lol:
they would have to be some short kids :) hehe

Hey brentil, could you change the title of this thread to say that it includes pictures?? I dont think many people will look at this thread otherwise :) thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts