Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More pictures of "SLVRSKY" (Applied for my vanity tag today) These pictures may interest some of you old soldiers. They were taken at the Alabama Korean War Memorial and The South Alabama Viet Nam Memorial (both in Battleship Park in Mobile, Al. The last picture does not have "SLVRSKY" in it but I couldn't leave that picture out. You vets will know what I mean.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,550 Posts
GaryH said:
More pictures of "SLVRSKY" (Applied for my vanity tag today) These pictures may interest some of you old soldiers. They were taken at the Alabama Korean War Memorial and The South Alabama Viet Nam Memorial (both in Battleship Park in Mobile, Al. The last picture does not have "SLVRSKY" in it but I couldn't leave that picture out. You vets will know what I mean.
Doesn't necessarily take a Vet to know what you mean.

Great pictures...and a fine tribute for those who never came home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
GaryH said:
More pictures of "SLVRSKY" (Applied for my vanity tag today) These pictures may interest some of you old soldiers. They were taken at the Alabama Korean War Memorial and The South Alabama Viet Nam Memorial (both in Battleship Park in Mobile, Al. The last picture does not have "SLVRSKY" in it but I couldn't leave that picture out. You vets will know what I mean.
YUP!!!!:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
As a vet I do fully understand. Thanks for the pictures. :patriot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Hi Gary,
Car looks great. Memorial looks great also. They deserve it. Ordered my sky on May 18th. Silver graphite, premium black and auto.

Is your car a daily car or just a special occassion and weekend drive?

I'll be driving mine daily even in the winter months. I get the feeling that most owners are just weekenders and an occassional drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dale Ream said:
Hi Gary,
Car looks great. Memorial looks great also. They deserve it. Ordered my sky on May 18th. Silver graphite, premium black and auto.

Is your car a daily car or just a special occassion and weekend drive?

I'll be driving mine daily even in the winter months. I get the feeling that most owners are just weekenders and an occassional drive.
I think it will be a daily driver in a way. But not like most people. This is my list of vehicles:
2007 Sky
2005 Toyota Highlander
2000 Honda Accord
1991 Chevy pickup-186K miles-paint pealing-ac broke-best vehicle I ever owned
2000 Fleetwood 35' motorhome (2 slides)
So,to your question, We're going to sell the Honda and my wife will drive the
Toyota daily and I will drive the Sky as a daily. By the way, my wife is still working and I am retired. OK, I'm too old for this but we have a 9 year old that I will take to school every day in the Sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
GaryH said:
More pictures of "SLVRSKY" (Applied for my vanity tag today) These pictures may interest some of you old soldiers. They were taken at the Alabama Korean War Memorial and The South Alabama Viet Nam Memorial (both in Battleship Park in Mobile, Al. The last picture does not have "SLVRSKY" in it but I couldn't leave that picture out. You vets will know what I mean.
Gary - As a Viet Nam Vet I also really appreciate the pictures as well as the States willingness to provide a memorial. My service was not openly recognized upon return, but times have changed and people now (30 years later) thank us openly for our service.

Your new Sky looks outstanding. ENJOY !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Looks like there are quite a few of us Viet vets buying the Sky. Can we blame this mid life crisis on Agent Orange? HaHa Welcome home to all the Viet vets out there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Dale Ream said:
Looks like there are quite a few of us Viet vets buying the Sky. Can we blame this mid life crisis on Agent Orange? HaHa Welcome home to all the Viet vets out there.
Gulf War Syndrome here. :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dale Ream said:
Looks like there are quite a few of us Viet vets buying the Sky. Can we blame this mid life crisis on Agent Orange? HaHa Welcome home to all the Viet vets out there.
I had my mid life crisis almost 20 years ago. This is my second childhood.:willy: :willy: :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Dale Ream said:
A vet is a vet. Thank you for servicing our country
It has been my honor. Thank you and all those that have come before me. :patriot:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top