Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any word on the correction to the( don`t open the doors if your hood is up...)
can just see getting oil changed and when they go to turn engine on the engine to measure...get the touch up paint out.:confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Well... all i can tell you is that when we were at the Dealership....... we opened the hood.... with the doors.... open to the first latch.... open all the way....... holding it in between..... and.. shutting the hood at every possibly door position.......... there WAS NO RUBBING... TOUCHING... SCRATCHING..... NOT ONE SPOT that we could duplicate the hood and door touching and causing damage...... maybe it is just a problem on the assembly line with a few cars...... not aligned correct.... not sure.... i hope mine comes in and has NO PROBLEM..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
308 Posts
We did the same thing, no interference. What I understand is that if the doors are partially open, and the hood is slammed, on some cars with minimal clearance, the rubber "stops" compress enough to allow contact between the door and the hood.
This is not a wholesale problem, but can happen on some cars.

So don't slam the hood with the doors partially open!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Just thinking about it, and seems like most the time I close the hood the door is closed anyway. Open door to pop the release, and then close it as I go around to get it out of my way to go open the hood.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
glock919 said:
any word on the correction to the( don`t open the doors if your hood is up...)
can just see getting oil changed and when they go to turn engine on the engine to measure...get the touch up paint out.:confused:
You're not going to get a correction without redesigning the entire hood/door assembly. They can't just move or cut some parts around and make them fit correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts