Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks; I'm a newby. I'm thinking real hard about buying a Sky, but I wonder if I absolutly, positively, have to purchase the on star system.

I'm not really sure I see the value.

Also, at 56, would I be the oldest Sky owner?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:
Hi Folks; I'm a newby. I'm thinking real hard about buying a Sky, but I wonder if I absolutly, positively, have to purchase the on star system.

I think onstar with one year service comes on all GM vehicles. And no, you will not be the oldest.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

You will not be the oldest owner. I am 59 and love my SKY. The onstar is free for the 1st year. Then you can decide about continuing the service. You get 30 free minutes to use in the first 60 days, then a one time continuation of 100 minutes for 14.95 (one time only). If you choose to continue the Onstar, they will let you do it in monthly payments. I personally like having it. My cell phone sometimes goes out when the hands free will still work.
:cheers: :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Momdrae and Gary; It's good to hear you guys like onstar.

I'm just not convinced it's something I'll use that much. It does add $1500 to the cost of the car, right?

·
Registered
72 Posts
On*

Dktrwu2 said:

I had an '02 Grand Prix GTP stolen. OnStar had it located and the police had the culprits within 45 minutes from the time the car was stolen. I am glad I have OnStar and will continue the subscription when the free year runs out.

56 isn't even in the running for "oldest" Sky owner. {:>)

Jim

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

I'm just not convinced it's something I'll use that much. It does add $1500 to the cost of the car, right?
The first time I got onstar it was set up like that - 1,000 I think. But now its just included in the base price for one year. Oh and by the way I really like my OnStar. I will also keep it after the free year is up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Can't buy the SKY without Onstar and do some reading around here you are not alone, a good number of us are long in the tooth. Oh and by the way welcome to the WAIT.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

Its part of the base package for the sky. Not an Option

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Shoo. Iffen ya want old go to the thread about age. There are sum of us Sky people that are long, long in tha tooth. Me I am 56 years and counting...Skip....:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I feel young now at 47

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I'll be 62 in October and I'm waiting for my RL to come in. Might be for my birthday.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

It doesn't add anything to the cost of the car since you cannot buy one without it.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

one important feature is if you have an accident and are knocked out if the airbags were deployed onstar will contact an ambulance and police for you.... and send them directly to your location...
if you lock your keys in your car, you can call them and they will unlock your car...
if your check engine light comes on you can push the onstar button and find out if it is anything serious. and if it is they can send a rollback to pick you up....or if it isn't you can go ahead and drive it to the dealer....

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts

fkeillor said:
I'll be 62 in October and I'm waiting for my RL to come in. Might be for my birthday.
My dad order a Sky - and he turned 63 in April this year - last I heard it was supposed to be going to production this week.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

Technically it adds nothing since you can not get it without it...:thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife has been saved twice by her Onstar, 2 accidents in her 03' Buick Park Ave. If I could put it in my Fiero I would. I am looking foward to having it in my SKY. With many places outlawing talking on a cell phone unless you have a "hands free" set up, It is perfect for that use. If you have Verizon you can share minutes with your regular phone.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:

What you would save on Ins. over a period of time would pay for it, and I may be the oldest Sky owner, I'm 65 and loving it.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts