Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem? My daughter was having a baby and I drove up to Rockford for the birth. Long labor my phone died and didn't bring charger.
I tried the onstar phone for the first time since picking up car in March. I tried the phone and it wouldn't accept number till I was screaming. When the person i called came on the were going hello hello. Again had to scream to be heard. And then they only heard a couple words. I turned up the radio and that only made me deaf from the caller going hello hello. Is there a way to turn up mic volume or do you think mic is bad. Let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Mine seems to work fine... even at 60mph on the expressway (with the top up). Are you talking in the general direction of the microphone? It's located in the windshield frame, upper left. I had some trouble with the voice recognition initially and realized I was looking off to my right (wasn't driving at the time).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Not had any problem with mine at all, both calling and receiving. I received a call while driving and it was fine. No problem hearing on either end. I needed to get used to the voice recognition part but thats all.
:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
Has anyone had this problem? My daughter was having a baby and I drove up to Rockford for the birth. Long labor my phone died and didn't bring charger.
I tried the onstar phone for the first time since picking up car in March. I tried the phone and it wouldn't accept number till I was screaming. When the person i called came on the were going hello hello. Again had to scream to be heard. And then they only heard a couple words. I turned up the radio and that only made me deaf from the caller going hello hello. Is there a way to turn up mic volume or do you think mic is bad. Let me know.
Was the top up or down? Wind noise might have made it impossible for them to hear you. Or it could be that the system just has a bad mic. Try pressing the blue Onstar button and see if you can talk to them.

BTW, I just made my first call using the Onstar system. If anyone knows, is the microphone behind the slits in the "A pillar" on the driver's side a few inches down from the top of the windshield?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
Has anyone had this problem? My daughter was having a baby and I drove up to Rockford for the birth. Long labor my phone died and didn't bring charger.
I tried the onstar phone for the first time since picking up car in March. I tried the phone and it wouldn't accept number till I was screaming. When the person i called came on the were going hello hello. Again had to scream to be heard. And then they only heard a couple words. I turned up the radio and that only made me deaf from the caller going hello hello. Is there a way to turn up mic volume or do you think mic is bad. Let me know.
You know that the volume control on your radio also controls the volume on your OnStar. Perhaps you had your volume down on the radio? That's why you would have needed to yell. I love my OnStar. I've used it twice now to have them lock my doors for me, and I even called my husband. I think it's way cool.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
calling

Have not given the number out yet so I have only made a few calls. The volume on mine had to be turned up so I could hear but the other end heard me fine. No yelling or screaming
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
You know that the volume control on your radio also controls the volume on your OnStar. Perhaps you had your volume down on the radio? That's why you would have needed to yell. I love my OnStar. I've used it twice now to have them lock my doors for me, and I even called my husband. I think it's way cool.
I know nothing. But if I had to guess, I would guess that the volume control only controls what you hear, not how well the microphone picks up your voice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mic location On Star Phone

I stopped at Saturn yesterday and they said to bring the car in on monday.
The service director said that the microphone to pick up my voice is in the rear view mirror. That they will do checks on monday but if the mic pick up is bad they have to replace the whole mirror as a unit. I tried it driving, with the top up and standing still with the top up. The volume on radio only seemed to affect the incoming voice and had no effect on the out going volume. if any one else heres anything let me no.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
Was the top up or down? Wind noise might have made it impossible for them to hear you. Or it could be that the system just has a bad mic. Try pressing the blue Onstar button and see if you can talk to them.

BTW, I just made my first call using the Onstar system. If anyone knows, is the microphone behind the slits in the "A pillar" on the driver's side a few inches down from the top of the windshield?
Yes to your question. Yes iffen you talk at the slits it should pick up your voice pretty good. Skip.... I talk loud all the time though......:lol: :lol:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top