Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long road - Financing started in September 2017, building started July 7th 2018. I pick up my car with most of the bugs worked out May 6th, 2021. Cost so far - $12,500 for the car, $70,000 for the swap and fixes. Still to go - new wheels and tires, new radio/backup camera/GPS, roll cage. What's in it? Mast Motorsports LS7 with Black Label heads, LS7 ported intake, 102mm TB, Kooks Headers, Solo center dual exhaust, Monster dual disk clutch, Tick Performance T56 Magnum 6 speed transmission, custom drive-line, DDM race backbone, custom axles, Ford 8.8" LSD, custom gas tank, dual batteries in the trunk, R1 drilled and slotted disks (x4), Hawk HPS pads (x4), BC adjustable race coil-overs (x4), Platinum 10 spoke wheels, Toyo T1 Sport tires, custom Ming Blue paint with Blue Pearl.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Zip-pity do-daa. Asphalt test here I come.
$82,500 & 2017-2021 wait and it's finished.. sort of, maybe could be.

Coming outta the garage... I'm here. Please Dad- take me for a run?
I need some exercise, I've been stuck in this here garage for like ever.

Some interaction with the masses and their reactions to your build-
now that cruising weather is back, the restrictions are being relaxed
for us- to enjoy a back road adventure or a " leisurely like day " at
the race track of your choice... should you choose to check off this
box on your bucket list.

IF there is a Cars & Coffee meet near by-or a Friday night show
and shine drive by event- it would be interesting to see these
reactions from other owners, auto fanatics to our gem and
all of your hard work done... so far to this model? Who knows
what it is- without asking you? Who comments and about what
has been done to this Transformer you have created? Are there
massive photos being taken of it- that would be a clue to public
appeal about the now defunct Kappa platform and....Here's
what can be done with it- with money invested, patience, time,
scraped knuckles, choice words, adult beverages applied with
conviction and dedicate to the ultimate permagrin ride?

Road trip- day trip track adventure day or a leisurely like....
drive down the coastline- put some miles on it- enjoy your grin
and then it's back to work fine tuning things.

Nicely done- enjoy your adventure with it.

LAC

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wowzers. Nothing like having your own custom build! Cool! Tho, for 82k, you might be able to get a used C7 GS/ZR1 and trailer :p

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yikes!

600HP in a Sky is a huge pile of power. I wonder what were made to the drivetrain rear of the engine, and also to the chassis & suspension to handle so much power.

It would be exiting to throttle-up when a traffic light turns green.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Yikes!

600HP in a Sky is a huge pile of power. I wonder what were made to the drivetrain rear of the engine, and also to the chassis & suspension to handle so much power.

When making the Kappa parts list, I ran across drive axels that were said to support up to 650hp... I wonder what our OEMs are rated at...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
When making the Kappa parts list, I ran across drive axels that were said to support up to 650hp... I wonder what our OEMs are rated at...
Interesting, not sure that has been discussed on here before.
It might have been and I missed it though.
Whole different ballgame when factoring in 650hp, and our platform based on 2.0 & 2.4 horsepower ratings. Only thing I can thing of that comes close is the Mallet version of our platform like for like comparison. Chassis, suspension, rear end torque puts stress on more than just our tires laying smoke clouds around the neighborhood spoiling backyard BBQ's, pool parties, the gardening club house warming event of the year...It's just my neighbor Harry out with his 650hp Toy of Joy.

" Said".... to support up to 650hp. There must be data on this somewhere spec wise- as I'm sure there could be a table- side by side for the sake of OEM to upgraded load factors from our 4's with- give or take maxed out to 375hp, to the V8 equivalent and 650hp?

* Speaking of horsepower... My buddy and I will be visiting Ocean City in about 2 weeks.
16th- 20th. Couple of days- oceanfront. Nice drive down & back. Burritos @ Beach Run 2021.
Just as we are leaving on the 20th however- a "Fest" event will be coming into town.

Cruising O.C. 30th Annual- May 20th-23th featuring Hot Rods, Customs, Muscle Cars and classics. Hotel rates went up for this event-imagine that which is why we got a good deal on our hotel rates & dates before this weekends event. Saved about 18% give or take. Gas & food will be extra of coarse. $ 50 in gas- another $125 in food plus any entertainment costs.
Will try to get a few photos of any early birds I do see arriving for this event.
You never know what you will see by the Boardwalk in Ocean City. A Sky with 650hp?
Not one with 650hp, but a yes to the Sky part... last time I was down at OC in Sept 2020- a couple in gray Sky passed by me in the inlet parking lot 6pm-ish while I was filming.

I'm the guy in the shadow obviously, my buddy is to the left in the orange shirt on the
scooter- for his bad back, when these Kappa enthusiasts cruised by us. U just never know.

LAC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yikes!

Yikes!

Read the text with my post. Its explained what in the drive train was changed to handle the power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts