Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Chili Pepper Red Sky was the first one the wife had seen
and she wanted that one but it had been sold, so she also liked
the Silver Pearl which is what we got:thumbs:
Well today she took it in for our paint problem and the dealer
told her that the red sky was no longer, it was totaled
We are now the only one in our county that have one that
we know of

So Sorry for that owner.

But Every Sky has a Silver Lining
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I've heard that 40% of NEW Viper owners have had an accident within the first 30 days of ownership. Im sure the Sky will have some stats on this issue eventually, not as high as the Vipers i hope.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
marlboromike said:
what state and city was it totalled...half a story doesn't help
Yes, where?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
1964 Gto

skyorscooter said:
I've heard that 40% of NEW Viper owners have had an accident within the first 30 days of ownership. Im sure the Sky will have some stats on this issue eventually, not as high as the Vipers i hope.
I have read a similar stat on the 1964 GTO when it first came out - about 50% ended up in the shop for accident repair in the first year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
FLASKY,
what was your paint problem? I have mine in for a paint issue on the rear. Looks like the paint gun ran out of paint. You can only see it in direct sun and if you look very close. I do so we found it. Should be done this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
When my brother sold Buicks (god decades ago now!!) he had a test driver take the car out the gate and get broad sided right there - total. No one hurt but two cars (the new Buick and the car that hit it) destroyed.
That person ended up buying a car from my bro and came to pick it up. They did - drove out and TOTALLED their new car less that a block from the dealer....:willy: :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
What is the attrition rate on new sportscars and after one year how many Sky's will remain ( out of 11,000 ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Dibs on the chrome wheels if it had them. :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
skyorscooter said:
I've heard that 40% of NEW Viper owners have had an accident within the first 30 days of ownership. Im sure the Sky will have some stats on this issue eventually, not as high as the Vipers i hope.
Wow that is amazing. 4 out of 10 in 30 days! I'm glad I was careful with mine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
Okay...it has occurred to me that no one knows how the driver faired...I am interested in survival rate of a 'total' collision...Of course that comes from someone that never wore a helmut on my scooter...Just figured I didn't want to survive a crash at 80 on a bike...I'm hoping the odds are a bit better in the Sky, although a ragtop. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
java43 said:
Okay...it has occurred to me that no one knows how the driver faired...I am interested in survival rate of a 'total' collision...Of course that comes from someone that never wore a helmut on my scooter...Just figured I didn't want to survive a crash at 80 on a bike...I'm hoping the odds are a bit better in the Sky, although a ragtop. :willy:

Good question, Java...and one that I'm fairly interested in too. Actually, I'd be interested in finding out the survival rate not just in the Sky, but in any convertible. For what's it worth...I too, never wore a helmet on my bike until I went down at 40mph and walked away from it. The bike had $4k damage, but the only thing damaged on me was my leather jacket and my confidence. Still wear the leather jacket, regained my confidence and now wear helmet. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
nscrbug said:
Good question, Java...and one that I'm fairly interested in too. Actually, I'd be interested in finding out the survival rate not just in the Sky, but in any convertible. For what's it worth...I too, never wore a helmet on my bike until I went down at 40mph and walked away from it. The bike had $4k damage, but the only thing damaged on me was my leather jacket and my confidence. Still wear the leather jacket, regained my confidence and now wear helmet. :thumbs:
Right on!...I am not so tough...My sister and I have been riding since the 70's and things have changed for me...She has still doesn't have a car, two wheels for her. But for me laying a bike down at eighty, and riding it out on the crash bars lost it's apppeal. Driving seems to be a lost art for many and the trucks seem to be getting scarier in our neck of I-80. The code of honor among 'bikers' has been lost with the onsurge of rolex cowboys and LA muscle bikes. (Actually had someone move my bike at a rally a few years ago)
Sorry rambling...
I guess I know the answer to my question...One probably won't break less bones in a small ragtop than on a scooter in a high speed or low speed collision...It wasn't but a few years ago I didn't wonder about this sort of thing...hmmmm:banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Absolut Truth with the Vipers. New drivers have no idea how to use the torque (525 lb/ft) or the 510 hp. That usually happens on a low speed turn or even out of a driveway.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,279 Posts
skyorscooter said:
I've heard that 40% of NEW Viper owners have had an accident within the first 30 days of ownership. Im sure the Sky will have some stats on this issue eventually, not as high as the Vipers i hope.
....I am sure your right regarding the percentage of wrecks....I witness quite a few. The worst one was at the track Sebring in Floridawhat a site the driver wasn't hurt, but the Viper well lets just say they took it away in peices....:eek:
His reply was "It just got a way from me!!:willy:

Mrsviper
still waiting
blk/red trim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Total shame...and a waste of a good car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Would like to know more information about the Sky owner. First, how they made out, and second did everything work out like it should have. Interested in if the air-bags deployed right and if On-Star was there like they said they would be????
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,571 Posts
First let me say I hope the owner is alright. My biggest concern with this car is something like that. I drive 10x more cautious in this car than my GP.

But, I would like to know if that car had an LSD and if it did if you could put me in touch with the wrecking yard that took it away...I could use that diff. :)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top