Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our new sky last night! 10 weeks from deposit to delivery, 7 from factory order. It is silver graphite with black leather interior, chrome wheels, AT, and XM radio. The rain let up just long enough last night for my wife to drive it home with the top down, and for me to take each one of the nephews for a ride. Our nephews thought I had the coolest car ever (loaded 2006 red RX-8) until they saw my wife's Sky, now she has the coolest car ever and I have the second coolest!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Congrats and now,
Grab the digital and do the deed, show us the pics!:cheers:
Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
62 Posts
:cheers:
Congrats and ditto on the pics.

·
Registered
243 Posts
duke15 said:
We picked up our new sky last night! 10 weeks from deposit to delivery, 7 from factory order. It is silver graphite with black leather interior, chrome wheels, AT, and XM radio. The rain let up just long enough last night for my wife to drive it home with the top down, and for me to take each one of the nephews for a ride. Our nephews thought I had the coolest car ever (loaded 2006 red RX-8) until they saw my wife's Sky, now she has the coolest car ever and I have the second coolest!
Ten weeks!?!? I live just outside of DC, what dealer did you go through? I placed my deposit almost eight weeks ago and still don't have any idea when I will have an actual order...:banghead: Did just recently switch from the base to the R/L though...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope you see you ejoying your Sky out on the Beltway sometime. :thumbs:

·
Registered
76 Posts
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ADDITION...ENJOY ALL THE FUN RIDES....:driving:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife has the car at work (and it is raining today), but I'll take and post pics as soon as I can.

As far as the dealership goes, we had to drive down to Saturn of Woodbridge to get the car. Even though we live in Reston, the local dealer (Sterling) wasn't taking orders. I think the Woodbridge Saturn is taking orders on the Redlines now, but the regular Skys may have a long wait. Tom Burnham is the internet dealer, you can email him through their site. They also have a dealership in Alexandria, but the Woodbridge dealership has a sky in the showroom that we were able to test drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats

:thumbs: :cheers: She's going to love the car. I have to get up really early in the morning to get the keys from my wife. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
duke15 said:
Congratulations! Sky is definitely cooler than the RX-8 but which one is more fun to drive? And, how did your wife wind up with the Sky instead of you?!

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Congrats, Welcome and post those new Baby Brag Pictures!!:cheers:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just moved from waiting to got it!

Yesterday, while attending the Downer's Grove Sky party, I got a call from one of the local dealers that someone passed on a four month pre-order and if I was interested I had to come right now.

Drove 20 min, took one quick walkaround, a five minute test drive started signing papers.

2 hours later I was on my way back to the Sky Party in my very own Silver Graphite Sky. A dream come true.

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
duke15 said:
Congratulations! please post some when you can:thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Yep pic's are always welcomed. Congrats

·
Registered
54 Posts
Love the color!!!!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Conga-ratz on the new SKY and; Chicago Skyline, I was privileged to be there and see that happen -- Pretty Damn Cool if you ask me -- And nice car BTW:cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts