Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!
Well, I have been a bit sparce here this last week, but for good reason...so without further delay, here is my review of the Mallett sky after driving it for one week.

FREAKIN AWESOME!!! :D

I know, I know...not really informative, but it is accurate. First let me say that if you think you get looks with your stock sky, you have not seen anything. I litterally cannot go into the store or out to lunch without a crowd gathering around my car. The car itself grabs enough attention, but when they see that Mallett V8 badge, the crowd really starts to gather.

But that is only the begining. Once you start the engine the fun really starts. :thumbs:
The growl of the v8 is just sweet. The car actually is pretty tame until you rev the engine...this really adds to the "Stealth" of the car. But step on the gas and heads will spin from a block away. It is loud, and I mean that in a good way. Passengers respond in one of two ways....the biggest smile you have ever seen :D or complete terror :eek:
In either case it is fun for the driver!

I have yet to race a porche, but suffice to say I have left Mustang's, Vettes, Evo's, MBW's, Chargers, and even a Jaguar all eating my stock radial rubber. Can't wait to get my new wheels and tires to take it to the track. I will be sure and make a video soon, but here are a few pics to tide you over! Basically more fun that a car owner should be allowed to have. :cheers:

BTW, my girlfriend looks better than I do, so I put her in the pic instead of me...no sense detracting from the effect. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey guys!
Well, I have been a bit sparce here this last week, but for good reason...so without further delay, here is my review of the Mallett sky after driving it for one week.

FREAKIN AWESOME!!! :D

I know, I know...not really informative, but it is accurate. First let me say that if you think you get looks with your stock sky, you have not seen anything. I litterally cannot go into the store or out to lunch without a crowd gathering around my car. The car itself grabs enough attention, but when they see that Mallett V8 badge, the crowd really starts to gather.

But that is only the begining. Once you start the engine the fun really starts. :thumbs:
The growl of the v8 is just sweet. The car actually is pretty tame until you rev the engine...this really adds to the "Stealth" of the car. But step on the gas and heads will spin from a block away. It is loud, and I mean that in a good way. Passengers respond in one of two ways....the biggest smile you have ever seen :D or complete terror :eek:
In either case it is fun for the driver!

I have yet to race a porche, but suffice to say I have left Mustang's, Vettes, Evo's, MBW's, Chargers, and even a Jaguar all eating my stock radial rubber. Can't wait to get my new wheels and tires to take it to the track. I will be sure and make a video soon, but here are a few pics to tide you over! Basically more fun that a car owner should be allowed to have. :cheers:

BTW, my girfriend looks better than I do, so I put her in the pic instead of me...no sense detracting from the effect. :lol:
looks great!!!. The car ain't bad either:lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Car looks great! where did you have the mods done (Mallett, on the West Coast??? I thought they where in OH) ? and how long did it take?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done at Mallett in Ohio, they have no other shop to my knowledge. Once I dropped it off the upgrade was done in about 6 weeks, then it sat for a week waiting for pick up, and then about 5 day shipping back to Arizona via Passport Transport (FedEx custom critical shipping).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear fascia from the Sky redline was not available yet. I have the pipe for the other side (see the cap on the muffler for it) just needed the fascia.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice little sleeper you got there!!!

When's the Procharger going be be bolted on? :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Which Mallet package did you get?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which Mallet package did you get?
I got the preferred package with AC
Options I got were:
3.73 rear differential & custom driveshaft
Upgraded dual core radiator with 2100 CFM fan (I live in Arizona)

I will be getting some custom wheels from HRE so I can put 275's on the rear and my own "Big Brake" package from Brembo when it comes out in October.

·
Registered
182 Posts
thanks for the info. There's something about the V8 rumble.

A couple of requests. Any pics under the hood yet? Also, some audio .mp3 or .wav files would be freakin' awesome !!

thanks, Good Luck with it.!!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Wow. I'm just a girl but my Sky is good for me, I would love to know what an 8 cyl felt like. I cannot imagine how fast it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a Awesome addition! How much did it end up costing after all was said and done? Randolph
p.s. is that your sweet Cadillac that we see in the truck?

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the info. There's something about the V8 rumble.

A couple of requests. Any pics under the hood yet? Also, some audio .mp3 or .wav files would be freakin' awesome !!

thanks, Good Luck with it.!!
If you want Waaaayyyy too many pics of my car you can look at the slideshow Tina at Mallett put together for me here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tina_fisherr/album?.dir=/6780re2&.src=ph&.tok=phz5LWFBhN9EyYxl

I have an AVI uploaded to google video but they take forever to review...so I will make another post when it is ready. But it is no big deal, just a 30 sec clip of me taking off on the most remote road I could get to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts