Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Black Onnyx Red Line has been getting a lot of attention. I guess it has that "new car glow" that my Silver Pearl base SKY has lost. I dunno. But I've had several people stop me and ask me questions about the new beast, and a word slipped out of my mouth to describe it, and I think it sums it up pretty well.

A kid asked me, "So is it really fast?"

And without even thinking I said, "No. It's quick."

He protested, "Same thing!"

And then I explained it...

Fast, to me at least, is all about horsepower and a high top end. Cars that have raw power to overcome their weight, and just blow through the speedometer. (Robo's supercharged Pontiac I see as "fast", for example.)

On the other hand, the SKY Red Line is "quick" - as in "agile" and "nimble." When I step on the gas, it goes. If I am going 35 and I want to go 50, it's there in an instant. If I need to adjust my position on the freeway to get out of somebody's blind spot, I punch it and I am no longer where I was.

Cerberus described it on our last rally as "a frog" saying that it would just go "braaap!" and then hop to a different place. I think that is exactly right.

And for those that are curious - no, I have not seen "how fast it goes." I have not had it out on an old runway somewhere to see if I can get it up to 150. I haven't gone 125 on the road to Vegas. Nor am I planning to any time soon. Truth be told, I tend to usually get it up to around 80 when merging onto the freeway - and that's always by accident. I punch it on the on ramp, and it just responds... I am cruising along, merge smoothly into traffic - and glance down at the speedo and tach to see how I am doing. And many times I am shocked to see that I am going about 80 mph in third gear, and the car is just begging me to put the pedal all the way down so that it can really bust looose.

But I don't care how "fast" it can go - I don't plan to drive it that fast. I care more about how it responds and reacts on my daily commute to and from work. And the word for that is...

It's quick.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I like it...it fit's.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Quick, real quick

I agree. I now have about 170 miles on my Redline and the one thing I can say is that it begs for speed. I doing 70 - 80 before I even know it. 5th gear is only at 2400 RPMs at 55-60. An 60 in 3 rd is nothing. The car handles curves like a hot knofe through butter and eats any hill you put in fornt of it. This car kills my 04 MazdaSpeed Turbo Miata MX-5 away.

Blue:thumbs:

·
Registered
388 Posts
fast / quick REDLINE

My new Black Onnyx Red Line has been getting a lot of attention. I guess it has that "new car glow" that my Silver Pearl base SKY has lost. I dunno. But I've had several people stop me and ask me questions about the new beast, and a word slipped out of my mouth to describe it, and I think it sums it up pretty well.

A kid asked me, "So is it really fast?"

And without even thinking I said, "No. It's quick."

He protested, "Same thing!"

And then I explained it...

Fast, to me at least, is all about horsepower and a high top end. Cars that have raw power to overcome their weight, and just blow through the speedometer. (Robo's supercharged Pontiac I see as "fast", for example.)

On the other hand, the SKY Red Line is "quick" - as in "agile" and "nimble." When I step on the gas, it goes. If I am going 35 and I want to go 50, it's there in an instant. If I need to adjust my position on the freeway to get out of somebody's blind spot, I punch it and I am no longer where I was.

Cerberus described it on our last rally as "a frog" saying that it would just go "braaap!" and then hop to a different place. I think that is exactly right.

And for those that are curious - no, I have not seen "how fast it goes." I have not had it out on an old runway somewhere to see if I can get it up to 150. I haven't gone 125 on the road to Vegas. Nor am I planning to any time soon. Truth be told, I tend to usually get it up to around 80 when merging onto the freeway - and that's always by accident. I punch it on the on ramp, and it just responds... I am cruising along, merge smoothly into traffic - and glance down at the speedo and tach to see how I am doing. And many times I am shocked to see that I am going about 80 mph in third gear, and the car is just begging me to put the pedal all the way down so that it can really bust looose.

But I don't care how "fast" it can go - I don't plan to drive it that fast. I care more about how it responds and reacts on my daily commute to and from work. And the word for that is...

It's quick.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

.."Everything goes great with Caramel"

..The REDLINE is quick 0-60. 5.2 / 5.5 seconds (auto/Manual)....and fast ..........142 topspeed (Drag limited) .....

.....:deadhorse

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:rofl: THAT'S the word. That smilie should be renamed Redline! It KICKS.
:hijack: Okay, now you're just causing trouble. Don't make me report you to the mods... :toetap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts