Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone used there 30 minutes free, phone service, via on-star??

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Used it all up? Or used it just in general? I purchased the addtional 100 minutes for $14 right away...so that gave me a total of 130 minutes to use within one year. :thumbs: To answer your question...yes, I have used the onstar phone service a few times...works fine for me.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...............GRACIAS!! :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes Ma'm

I use it a lot and I love it. I purchased the extra minutes too for the year. So easy and so much better then holding a cell phone while driving. I hate talking on the phone while driving, but at least this is a piece of cake!!
Theresa

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used them in a hurry prior to changing my OnStar phone portion to Verizon. Added it to my existing Verizon account and use it as just another cell phone now.

I have to keep OnStar to keep it as a phone but planning on that because I tend to like to drive without my cell phone alot and no spare...

Anyway, I added it to Verizon, think it basically costs me 9 dollars a month to use it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I am going to do that!...GOOD IDEA!...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
wow, that's really really useful. The worlds most expensive and stylish Cell phone.......take THAT......stupid Razor:thumbs:

Also, was it an easy process? what exact information do you need to give to Verizon to have it as another phone to your account?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes I used the 30 and combined with 100 (same deal as nscrbug) good for a year (the 30 mins are only good for 3 mos). Originally I figured I'd put it on Verizon and pay the $10 a month to add it to my share mins... The OnStar rep took teh time to ask about my phone use (not much) and it really is cheaper to go with the OnStar minutes (for me). Since teh car will only be used about 8 mos a year and with my usage use only 200-300 mins during that time, its cheaper to pay $50-60 for the minutes rather than the $120 for the Verizon (12 mos at 10 buck a month). To top that -- I wonder about OnStar renewal. With all GM cars getting OnStar you'd think they'd really discount the price -- I feel $200 a year is just too much for a monthly email (That's about all I get out of it other than the phone)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've used it. I also bought the 100 minutes for $14.99. It was pretty funny when I received a call and it frightened my passenger! The phone uses the radio speakers......

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I've used it. I also bought the 100 minutes for $14.99. It was pretty funny when I received a call and it frightened my passenger! The phone uses the radio speakers......
I can see spilt hot coffee in many peoples' laps in the future:lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
We use the Verizon service with the Sky. Works very well with the top up and ok with the top down. You can only use OnStar or Verizon- sorry to the other carriers. To add the car to your Verison costs an additional $9.99 per month and then you share the minutes with your other phones. You must use the OnStar phone number to get the Verizon hooked up as they have control of the cars phone system.
We have been quite happy with how the phone works.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i have not really used the free minutes...BUT...my check engine light came on at 2800 miles while driving out of town. Onstar told me exacly what was wrong with my car...told me that she was still okay to drive and to get it looked at within 7 days...that to me is worth paying for Onstar!!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have not really used the free minutes...BUT...my check engine light came on at 2800 miles while driving out of town. Onstar told me exacly what was wrong with my car...told me that she was still okay to drive and to get it looked at within 7 days...that to me is worth paying for Onstar!!!
That would be worth it to me also, something about driving a new car and have that nasty engine light go on! :eek: .Especially driving out-of-town....(never had "onstar" before)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
We use the Verizon service with the Sky. Works very well with the top up and ok with the top down. You can only use OnStar or Verizon- sorry to the other carriers. To add the car to your Verison costs an additional $9.99 per month and then you share the minutes with your other phones. You must use the OnStar phone number to get the Verizon hooked up as they have control of the cars phone system.
We have been quite happy with how the phone works.
Now do you also need to suscribe to both the Onstar and Verizon for the in-car phone to work? Or once you switch the phone to Verizon service, can you stop renewing your Onstar and have the phone still work?

·
Super Moderator
6,570 Posts
You have to keep the OnStar if you want to use the in-car phone ( car-phone ?)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
You have to keep the OnStar if you want to use the in-car phone ( car-phone ?)
drat.....well....i guess it's still good to have the Onstar anyway, for the other features, but paying for both would be a little pointless to me at least. My cell phone has a decent speakerphone

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes I used the 30 and combined with 100 (same deal as nscrbug) good for a year (the 30 mins are only good for 3 mos). Originally I figured I'd put it on Verizon and pay the $10 a month to add it to my share mins... The OnStar rep took teh time to ask about my phone use (not much) and it really is cheaper to go with the OnStar minutes (for me). Since teh car will only be used about 8 mos a year and with my usage use only 200-300 mins during that time, its cheaper to pay $50-60 for the minutes rather than the $120 for the Verizon (12 mos at 10 buck a month). To top that -- I wonder about OnStar renewal. With all GM cars getting OnStar you'd think they'd really discount the price -- I feel $200 a year is just too much for a monthly email (That's about all I get out of it other than the phone)
When you purchase the 100 minute deal the 30 free minutes get extended for a year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
With 5 kids and most the people I talk to using Verizon, the in network thing works great, especially since I had to change to Cingular for work due to my trips to China. (Verizon does not work there) So now I can talk to my family while driving and not use the minutes on the phones they have.:)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Saw my buddys cell phone list and there it was "SKY phone". :lol: very usefull phone.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts