Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on another Sky forum...a GM salesrep mentioned in a post about some Skys that were available, that any Skys built after July 2006 have an added standard OnStar 'feature' of turn-by-turn navigation...:confused: Since my Sky was built in May 2006, I obviously do not have this feature. Can anybody that has recently taken delivery of their Sky confirm this OnStar feature?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Is called "Turn-by-Turn Navigation" and it is only standard if you have the OnStar package "Directions and Connections."

More information HERE!!!

Reference Card HERE!!!

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
804 Posts
all the onstar Sky cars have the capibilities of the navigation. You just have to pay the fee. When you get your new Sky, it comes with a free trial so you can test it out. Just push the Blue OnStar button and ask about it and they can give you the info.

·
Registered
36 Posts
all the onstar Sky cars have the capibilities of the navigation. You just have to pay the fee. When you get your new Sky, it comes with a free trial so you can test it out. Just push the Blue OnStar button and ask about it and they can give you the info.

I works pretty good in my R/L and displays the street names on my Monsoon Radio.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
The initial 1 year freebie DOES NOT include the navigation feature-Called Turn-By-Turn Navigation-You would have to pay for the difference for that feature to be turned on--:nono: What you do get for free is the Safe & Sound plan for 1 year, and Vehicle Diagnostics, then you also get 30 free minutes on the Hands-Free phone with cingular WITH a time limit if I recall, use 'em or lose 'em--BUT you have to call them from the car to set these features up and you get cars phone number in about 24 hours I believe in an email (I did)--You will also see all these features on your monthly vehicle checks emailed from Onstar--Including your cars phone number--:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The initial 1 year freebie DOES NOT include the navigation feature-Called Turn-By-Turn Navigation-You would have to pay for the difference for that feature to be turned on--:nono: What you do get for free is the Safe & Sound plan for 1 year, and Vehicle Diagnostics, then you also get 30 free minutes on the Hands-Free phone with cingular WITH a time limit if I recall, use 'em or lose 'em--BUT you have to call them from the car to set these features up and you get cars phone number in about 24 hours I believe in an email (I did)--You will also see all these features on your monthly vehicle checks emailed from Onstar--Including your cars phone number--:thumbs:
Thanks...that is what I thought...that it was a package that you have to pay extra for. I knew that all OnStar cars have the capability of navigation, but that it was an extra fee. Don't know why the person who posted this information on the 'other' Sky forum stated that it was standard...when it obviously is not.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I works pretty good in my R/L and displays the street names on my Monsoon Radio.
So how much extra do you have to pay for the navigation service? Does it use audio too?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Is called "Turn-by-Turn Navigation" and it is only standard if you have the OnStar package "Directions and Connections."

More information HERE!!!

Reference Card HERE!!!

Regards,

BA...
Thanks for the info! Yikes...$34.95 a month for the Directions & Connections Plus" plan. :eek: Sheesh, you're better off just buying a decent GPS for that kind of money.

Here is the offical press release for the Turn-by-turn Navigation plan.

http://209.235.195.221/releases_detail.php?ItemID=343

·
Registered
450 Posts
I love this feature....I get lost in Miami all the time!:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Thanks for the info! Yikes...$34.95 a month for the Directions & Connections Plus" plan. :eek: Sheesh, you're better off just buying a decent GPS for that kind of money.

Must have gone up since we looked into it in May as they said it was about $18 extra a month when we 1st bought the car. Then again, we didn't get the nav feature and I might be remembering the wrong price.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll stick with my Tom Tom. (<--- Click the underlined words)

Not only turn by turn directions and various ways to display the graphics but you can also select from various voices (male / female) and languages......

It works in the Americas and Europe....

A bit pricey though but I use it constantly in my business..... I have to be very punctual.... arrive on time, every time... knowing how to get there and how long it will take helps make that happen. :D

HoldHard

·
Registered
84 Posts
Isn't the best part of owning a Sky getting lost on some back woods, winding curving roads:D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

Here is the quote from your posted Press Release:
DETROIT – General Motors announced today that for 2007, the company will fundamentally change drivers’ access to navigation by offering more than two million vehicles in the U.S. and Canada with the first factory-installed, fully-integrated off-board GPS navigation system – OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation.

The new service from OnStar by GM will be standard for the first year on a number of GM retail vehicles sold in 2007 including all Buicks and nearly all Cadillacs. OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation will also be available on many other GM vehicles through a $100 optional OnStar package upgrade during the initial year of service.
There was an offer that would add the Directions & Connections to your 1st year of free OnStar for only $100... May want to check with OnStar... :thumbs:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
5 Posts
On-star Antenna

My sales manager tells me the later RLs get the On-Star as standard for a year.
At the end of the year I will NOT continue the subscription. I will then have an ugly On-Star antenna sticking out the rear deck. Dealer says I can not delete it from my order. How do I not have the antenna installed?

·
Registered
18,260 Posts
subscribtion for on star is basically 15 dollars a year plus tax for 100 minutes...I think u can afford that...just for a little back up insurance...

This is not for directions

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think he means "a month"
a little bit of a difference

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

From the Press Release dated August 30, 2007

The new service from OnStar by GM will be standard for the first year on a number of GM retail vehicles sold in 2007 including all Buicks and nearly all Cadillacs. OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation will also be available on many other GM vehicles through a $100 optional OnStar package upgrade during the initial year of service.
After the first year, customers can continue enjoying OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation by renewing their package for just $299 per year, which also includes OnStar’s complete suite of safety, security and communications services. This makes OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation a very affordable factory-installed navigation service for the mass market.
I am going for it the first year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts