Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this subject has already been touched on, I tried to find answers on this but I could not.

For those lucky folks that have your Sky and have used the Onstar phone with the top down, is it hard for the person on the other side to hear you? I was in my husbands H3 last night and had the windows down and I got a call, I had to yell so the person could hear me. I think the wind was interfering with the microphone picking up my voice. I love the Onstar phone option, it really comes in handy in the Hummer, and I hope it works in the Sky with no problems.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a problem with it. The operator at Onstar says it is a common problem with rag tops. Nothing you can do about it. You have to pull over to hear the other person. At highway speeds, it is worthless.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the only problem i have had with the top down is getting the phone to recognise my voice. usually i have to lean forward nearer the mic and say it again... but even then the wind may effect it... but after I connect we usually have no problem talking even with the top down...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've found that closing the driver side window helps a little...but at highway speeds it's hard for the other person to hear.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If you were standing outside during a windy day trying to talk on a regular cell phone, you'd have the same problem. There's no difference when driving a car with the top down or the windows open, etc. except the wind speeds are even higher!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I had a bit a of a problem talking with the top down, I could hear everything just fine through the speakers. I just rolled up the windows until I was done talking to cut down on the wind noise as the speaker is in the upper left corner of the windshield frame.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Difficulty hearing

It really doesn't matter if the Phone is built into the car or not (a handheld cell). It is a combination of speaker and microphone placement, relative to any incoming wind. I've had problems on other cars with the windows down, not usually when the windows are up though.
So the wind is the wind, where ever it comes from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts