Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if you have a Sky, the popular questions is how much can you fit in the trunk...I think I almost maxed it out tonight! I ran over to the grocery store to pick up a couple things and then I saw a sale on milk, then a good buy on tissues, then...you get the idea. Well, I had a full cart at the check out and didn't think about the fact I drove the Sky and not the mini-van. Needless to say, my first thought was..."hmmm- she's never going to let me off the hook if I have to call home for help." So, like a good man, I refused to call for help and the Sky became my stuffing game!

Here are some photos of what I had in the trunk. I also had 2 cases of 20 ounce waters, 9 boxes of tissues (for the kids school), eggs, and a 6 pack of paper towels in the passenger seat. Actually, it didn't take as long as I thought it would- and I didn't break anything!:cheers:

The other picture was of me driving in a parade this summer. I was able to have a World War II vet (destroyer in the Pacific) drive with me and we pumped up the GI Jive. Quite cool.
Anyway, here are a couple pictures to show that you can put some items in the trunk- top up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
That's too much milk. It has an experation date and is only good for a couple of weeks. You should buy beer.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Way too funny.... i did the same thing too before.... you gotta get very creative when stuffing stuff in..... LOLOL.... oh.... yea.. freeze the milk.. and buy more tequila.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
411 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Way too funny.... i did the same thing too before.... you gotta get very creative when stuffing stuff in..... LOLOL.... oh.... yea.. freeze the milk.. and buy more tequila.. SkyBaby-07

Do You Really Eat That Much???!! DAMN!!!
HAHA,... JK!! Nice Stuffin'!!

But Yeah,... My Milk Goes Bad All Too Often,... n' I only Buy One! I Find Myself Buying only Like 3-6 Items at The Store,.. At Max 3 Bags full,... So The Sky Is my Perfect AwetowMobeele!!!!

-S-

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh my, there is a top to this thing? Silly me...I should say, there is a trunk to this thing...honestly, I never would imagine you could get what you got into that little ole trunk. My shopping trip this weekend was Home Depot and I kept going down the aisle with my cart saying: "No, no, not on this trip! Next time."

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Slade said:
Do You Really Eat That Much???!! DAMN!!!
HAHA,... JK!! Nice Stuffin'!!

But Yeah,... My Milk Goes Bad All Too Often,... n' I only Buy One! I Find Myself Buying only Like 3-6 Items at The Store,.. At Max 3 Bags full,... So The Sky Is my Perfect AwetowMobeele!!!!

-S-

Cant ya tell by the pics.... i am an oinker...SkyBaby-07 LOVE FOOD......

·
Registered
316 Posts
more:cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good to see I'm not the only fella to do the same thing, thank god there wasn't anyone in my passenger seat or I'd be returning a few dozen items..
:cheers:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was very glad that I was able to get everything in...felt really stupid at the time, but hey- that's life. We go through milk like it's going out of style. Already killed one gallon- that's what you get when you have 5 and 7 year old boys!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
really it is amazing how much you can fit into that trunk with the top up... We actually use grocery bags as our luggage when we would take a trip... you can get more stuff in that way...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
GaryH said:
That's too much milk. It has an experation date and is only good for a couple of weeks. You should buy beer.
Yeah! Exactly what he said! We are going to the beach this weekend, and I promise you milk will be LOW priority! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
Well, if you have a Sky, the popular questions is how much can you fit in the trunk...I think I almost maxed it out tonight! I ran over to the grocery store to pick up a couple things and then I saw a sale on milk, then a good buy on tissues, then...you get the idea. Well, I had a full cart at the check out and didn't think about the fact I drove the Sky and not the mini-van. Needless to say, my first thought was..."hmmm- she's never going to let me off the hook if I have to call home for help." So, like a good man, I refused to call for help and the Sky became my stuffing game!

Here are some photos of what I had in the trunk. I also had 2 cases of 20 ounce waters, 9 boxes of tissues (for the kids school), eggs, and a 6 pack of paper towels in the passenger seat. Actually, it didn't take as long as I thought it would- and I didn't break anything!:cheers:

The other picture was of me driving in a parade this summer. I was able to have a World War II vet (destroyer in the Pacific) drive with me and we pumped up the GI Jive. Quite cool.
Anyway, here are a couple pictures to show that you can put some items in the trunk- top up.

Thanks Kustomkaps! Here is Exhibit A when we revisit the mid-life crisis, you already have a brand new car, vs. its just not practical for day to day living dicussion. Ahhh...nothing like a visual to drive home a point!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Kustomkaps said:

Looks familiar! :lol:

We had another member do something similar.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2556

·
Registered
188 Posts
Chicago Skyline said:
Oh my, there is a top to this thing? Silly me...I should say, there is a trunk to this thing...honestly, I never would imagine you could get what you got into that little ole trunk. My shopping trip this weekend was Home Depot and I kept going down the aisle with my cart saying: "No, no, not on this trip! Next time."

Hey great idea! Thats one way to save money at Home Depot drive the SKY, hmmm wonder if my hubby will agree :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
blacklightning said:
Thanks Kustomkaps! Here is Exhibit A when we revisit the mid-life crisis, you already have a brand new car, vs. its just not practical for day to day living dicussion. Ahhh...nothing like a visual to drive home a point!!
Mid-life crisis...
Well my wife said she would love to see me try to find a sleek, sexy red head...she was just surprised that I found one that didn't mind being shown off like a trophy around town, and one that I can take the top off without getting slapped! (now if she would only get out of the car so I could drive it more!)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Trunk space when traveling

Kustomkaps said:

My hat is off to you. Had the same problem with the Porsche 911...but at least it had a jump seat. What do you do with luggage when you take a road trip? Do you have to keep the top up if you want to wear clothes or the top down and don't take any clothes? :nono:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
HappyAmI said:
My hat is off to you. Had the same problem with the Porsche 911...but at least it had a jump seat. What do you do with luggage when you take a road trip? Do you have to keep the top up if you want to wear clothes or the top down and don't take any clothes? :nono:
Think Gym Bag, not Samsonite, and you can go with the top down. Done it myself...

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
HappyAmI said:
I've packed enough clothes for two people for a week in the trunk with the top up and enough for one for a week with the top down. Don't forget, once you get to where you're going you don't have to keep the clothes IN the trunk...that's what they have hotel rooms for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts