Saturn Sky Forum banner

Oops!

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  sol43621 
#1 ·
OK here's a tip when you get your Sky. When you close the trunk slam it fairly hard. Don't be shy about it. Now if it doesn't close properly DO NOT push down on the trunk lid as the deck metal is light and will deflect leaving a dent if you apply any force to it! DON'T ask me how I know this.:eek: :willy:

Watch the video that was floating around here to see how it's done properly.

#3 ·
I have it somewhere. PM me your email address and I will send it to you. I think it's two files. Open and Close.

#5 ·
Notice how he slams the trunk down. Very firm. Although from the experience I had I don't think I'd apply a lot of downward force on contact.:banghead:

#6 ·
rick112 said:
OK here's a tip when you get your Sky. When you close the trunk slam it fairly hard. Don't be shy about it. Now if it doesn't close properly DO NOT push down on the trunk lid as the deck metal is light and will deflect leaving a dent if you apply any force to it! DON'T ask me how I know this.:eek: :willy:

Watch the video that was floating around here to see how it's done properly.
I was at a local Pontiac Dealer and I closed the lid on a Solstice with a not much force and it did not lcose correctly

#9 ·
I talked to a "Bigshot" at the plant today and ask him what is the proper way to close the Deck. He demonstrated, by standing at the rear of the car and with 2 hands, on the 2 deck humps ,closed the deck. This applies even pressure to the deck lid. Closing conventional hoods and decks should be closed with pressure applied to the center.

#10 ·
bob said:
I talked to a "Bigshot" at the plant today and ask him what is the proper way to close the Deck. He demonstrated, by standing at the rear of the car and with 2 hands, on the 2 deck humps ,closed the deck. This applies even pressure to the deck lid. Closing conventional hoods and decks should be closed with pressure applied to the center.
I am glad you posted this. Even after watching the video on raising and lowering SKY's top, I did not like the "offset" method of closing the top. It makes more sense to do it standing at the rear - and making sure it closes evenly...

#11 ·
Hey ... Sol Owners ...

... any input here about "closing the rear deck"?:confused:

#12 ·
bubbacc said:
... any input here about "closing the rear deck"?:confused:
Not a sol owner yet, any day now! Built 1/16/06 Vin #9234. I know that most at least make sure they are putting their hands/pressure centered more toward the front of the deck lid to close evenly.

Another thing, the latch for the top, once you have unlatched the top, leave the latch lever in the unlatched/open position (assuming similarities in top securement between our cars). If you don't, you will find that it may also make closing the deck lid more of a chore, maybe leading to the initial problem in this thread, by forcing it and denting something (lid, interior, etc...). :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.