Saturn Skyline Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was glancing through my copy of Top Gear I received for this month and found they did a 2 page article on the Opel GT. And of course, leave it to Top Gear to give another GM car an astonishingly bad review. O well. We all love the Sky. :thumbs:

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2007/04/stories/18/1.html

Good thing they don't make it as a 'right hooker'. Looks like the British would hate it anyway... ;)
They were no good to her since the beginning, the first previews and so on. They will heartfully HATE a big car with a big motor and fancy interiors, chrome details and so on, for a brit a car must be small so you're shoulder-to-shoulder, no interiors, plastic body... well add to that they're probably whining about cause they're not getting a Vauxhall version :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
The interior materials and finish are pretty good - probably better than an MX-5, which shows how far GM has come since the days when all its American interiors were made of throwaway plastics, held together with spittle and hope.
A fact to few reviewers mention. And their complaints seem to be that the car isn't quirky enough for their tastes, they want a roadster with a bit more steering feedback and a narrow power band so that it makes them want to push it to that edge all the time. I can kind of see where they are coming from, at least with the steering but it's pretty minor IMO as the car handles great as is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts