Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nice pics.Can't blame them for rebadging the Sky, it a beauty, no sense breaking the mold just yet :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am anxious to see how it sells in Europe and how the European reviews go. I don't think Evo or Car liked the Solstice, so we'll see what they say about the Opel GT. Also, does anybody know what the powerplant will be yet? If it only comes with the Sidi 2.0 turbo, that could help it a lot. We'll see.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Take a good look at the rear wheel opening. The front wheel opening is directly from the Sky. The rear wheel opening has been smoothed to a sharp lip. I vastly prefer the rear wheel opening shown in the picture, but I assume it is just a photoshop job. It is not just shadowing, as far as I can tell. Whatever it is, I am guessing both front and rear openings will be as per Sky, and not as shown in the picture. I sure wish the Solstice and Sky had those wheel openings.

The also took some of the gap out of the front wheel opening. The joys of Photoshop.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the production Opel will be that low. Also noticed that it has the RS-A tires on it. That would be a stupid move, most of the european car owners (enthusiasts) just don't do "all season" tires....

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
No fair -- why do they get the dual exhausts??

(I guess if it only comes in the Sidi 2.0 turbo as mentioned above that could be why)

·
Registered
149 Posts
1994SC2 said:
No fair -- why do they get the dual exhausts??

(I guess if it only comes in the Sidi 2.0 turbo as mentioned above that could be why)
That is abviously a photoshoped picture. Look at the exhaust tips, they are idetical, they didn't even mirror the left one. But it does look awesome and I can't wait untill that mod comes out for the sky.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Where will they make the production numbers.. is this going to eat into our 10,000 or was it always supposed to be 20K 10 for you 10 for me deal.

Maybe they just want the brits from Top Gear to drive it so they can mock is (or not).

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I like the duel exhaust ports. What engine is in it? The rear end looks a little different at the bumper. Is that just the camera angle?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Spellchecker anyone?

I know it's early, but the spelling today is atrocious. Coffee helps!

·
Registered
28 Posts
At first, I though it was a Photoshop too.

I did some research. It does look like a Sky under that tarp.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2060118.001

I also zoomed into some of the Photoshop points everyone pointed out and I do see some parts as suspect.

My speculation is that black “sky” is actually the Opel GT itself but just PhotoShopped to make it look better, like they do with other glossy car pics. Its like Stuff Magazine except the rear is that shinny.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, Im a newbie to this forum, so hello to you all.

I got back from the Geneva Motor Show where the Opel GT was unveiled for the first time (pic attached). In the UK Opel is badged as Vauxhall and it is likely that the GT will be identified as a replacement for the Vauxhall VX220, a car that is built by Lotus in the UK and shares chassis with the Lotus Elise. The VX220 is avalible in either 2.2 litre naturally aspirated or 2Litre turbo form. Its a great looking car that uses the same weight saving construction techniques as the Lotus Elise to keep weight low and handling tight.

The GT is a rebadged Saturn Sky but will likely use a 2 litre turbo charged engine. Performance is a claimed 0 to 100Km/h in 5.7 seconds and a top speed of 230k/ph. But it wont be avalible till at least 2007 and it will be approx. £27 to £30k. Yes, we pay more and get less.

I fell in love with the SKY when I was checking out the american auto shows on the web. Really impressed with your forum.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts