Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a proud owner of a 50k miles Opel GT from Spain here.

A very rare and exclusive car to have here in EU, didn't know it was indeed an american car till i bought it. A rara avis even for most official Opel workshops where havent seen one ever, which means problems to find replacement parts and professionals with good knowledge of the car. It feels a bit like living in a desert island.

Still, have had it for a few months now, and loving it more every day, even with all its quirks and lack of practicality. Have solved a couple of issues and made a couple of mods by myself thanks to the knowledge found in this forum and Solstice forum which i have been lurking for a time now, and thanks to Rockauto.com, only place i could find to buy kappa parts at reasonable international shipping rates.

So, even with the extra difficulties of having this car here in Europe, it is becoming an adventure and an interesting hobby for me.

Registered
That's what we need, more dang Europeans ;-)

Registered
Welcome to the forum and ownership club.
Rare and exclusive car not only in EU but here in other parts of the world too- just say'n.

Official Opel workshops where they haven't seen one ever, which means problems to find replacement parts and professionals with good knowledge of the car.
Have the employee's of the Opel workshops in question
start reading the info on this site- to better inform them of the knowledge or in this case lack thereof about the product.

Sometimes there are angels in our lifetime-
RockAuto.com nodding their approval quietly in the corner.
Despite it's quirks and lack of practicability I am feeling exclusive in this rare car in EU.
Yeah we know that feeling pretty much here. But you're smiling more these days-aren't you?
Not only IS it an adventure- it is becoming more than just a hobby for me.
Loving it even more everyday. Enjoy the smile and ride. You only live once.

LAC

Registered
Welcome to the forum and congratulations with your Opel GT Roadster. It is indeed an adventure to drive this car in Europe. I am from the Netherlands and have been driving my Opel GT Roadster for about 3 years now. With a little luck you can still find the necessary parts, indeed mostly in America. If you speak the German language then the "black" German Opel GT Roadster forum (Opel GT Cabrio Forum - Index) is also interesting. I found a lot of information on that, especially with regard to modifications to the car. Several modifications I have already made during the three years that I drive the car. I think that's part of the hobby ;).

The meetings of the Opel GT Roadster drivers in Germany and Luxembourg are also famous. For you from Spain probably a bit too far to drive, but I myself drive almost 1000 km in such a weekend. Well worth it.

Registered
Nice shot !

I voted for that one in the 2021 GT Calendar "Competition" the other day !

Registered

Super Moderator
You can use Google Translate, but it only does one line at a time in my browser.
In Chrome if you access the page through a Google search you are given the option to "Translate the page". Subsequent pages linked from that page are usually translated automatically.

Registered
You can use Google Translate, but it only does one line at a time in my browser.
The German link Cabrio Shop you posted has the option to choose the English language

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Thank guys! Very useful links too. No problem with german forums as Google does a nice job translating fron German to English (mostly).

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum and congratulations with your Opel GT Roadster. It is indeed an adventure to drive this car in Europe. I am from the Netherlands and have been driving my Opel GT Roadster for about 3 years now. With a little luck you can still find the necessary parts, indeed mostly in America. If you speak the German language then the "black" German Opel GT Roadster forum (Opel GT Cabrio Forum - Index) is also interesting. I found a lot of information on that, especially with regard to modifications to the car. Several modifications I have already made during the three years that I drive the car. I think that's part of the hobby ;).

The meetings of the Opel GT Roadster drivers in Germany and Luxembourg are also famous. For you from Spain probably a bit too far to drive, but I myself drive almost 1000 km in such a weekend. Well worth it.

View attachment 114135
Nice shot. Mine is crap, my GT looks dirty in it, but actually it is the background reflecting on the shiny black paint.

Premium Member
Welcome to you guys. I have a Opel want a bee. I have done quite a few things, but have always wondered about the hood liner. Does it say Opel or GT on the top. Ours say Sky. I believe the NA Solstice doesn't have a marking. Wondering the the GT is the same. I have asked the question many times. But never a clear answer.

You can see mine in my show case. Still a lot of things not shown, that I have done recently.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to you guys. I have a Opel want a bee. I have done quite a few things, but have always wondered about the hood liner. Does it say Opel or GT on the top. Ours say Sky. I believe the NA Solstice doesn't have a marking. Wondering the the GT is the same. I have asked the question many times. But never a clear answer.

You can see mine in my show case. Still a lot of things not shown, that I have done recently.
No markings on my Opel GT hood.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts