Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
New ones are officially out of stock but do pop up regularly. Asking price is at least 700 these days. But an online auction might get whatever an owner will pay in order to prevent the car being totaled after a simple collision. I think I remember new ones where around 400 to 500 a while ago.

Used ones go for a lot less and go for a few hundred. Used Opel GT parts are available, but one needs to do some leg.work.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Did you consider doing a search?
I took your advise.

Here is an Opel-GT tail light.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive side marker light Grille

For reference, here is a Sky tail light
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Grille

Personally I like the stock Sky tail light better.

In my search, I found this.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I never cared for the "lighting tube" look. Not even for the headlights. We got some of that with the Sky. I got some with my Altima. Those chrome tubes and fisheye lens never sat well with me for styling. Tubes in back makes the car look like it is driving backwards. o_O

·
Registered
18,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I took your advise.

Here is a GT tail light.
View attachment 119718
For reference, here is a Sky tail light
View attachment 119719
Personally I like the stock Sky tail light better.

In my search, I found this.
View attachment 119720
View attachment 119721
I never cared for the "lighting tube" look. Not even for the headlights. We got some of that with the Sky. I got some with my Altima. Those chrome tubes and fisheye lens never sat well with me for styling. Tubes in back makes the car look like it is driving backwards. o_O
You are new to this forum...I can tell u this....all the original owners would love to own a set of the Lightning tail lights...the BEST

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
These are nice! I’m assuming you’d need to seal up the surround where the red connector...ya to the base... as well as underneath the chrome trim?

I have a set that I opened up, and wanting to also paint the chrome trim black, though I think I’ll close it all back up again.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Guys.....That would be lighting....not lightning tubes. The round chrome tubes within the over-all lens is what I always had a problem with. It's a styling thing I never cared for that was very popular during that era. The industry has moved on since the days of chrome tube styling. I really like the lighting of current day.

I am grateful the Sky does NOT have chrome tubes inside the tail lights. I have to accept them in the headlights. I feel they would have looked so much better if done like the inner-most light bulb reflector seen here....the "crystal" look like some of the other cars had back then.

The round chrome tubes look like a frog being squeezed. I never squeezed a frog, but if I did, I imagine it looking like this.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 27 Posts