Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats a sweet looking car there.

I have never seen that forum before but it seems to be there for all Kappa based vehicles. Kappa is the platform that GM has designed for the Solstice and a few other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Looks a Bit like the curve ;)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
mceb said:
You're posting links to a site that lists out the proposed Kappa platform models :skep
I agree with your bewilderment. The main page of that site even describes what it is as well.

What's funny is half their members are people from here who joined yesterday and today :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
not a flame, but for the good of, um, science...

... what does this post have to do directly with the Solstice? Just curious why it's not in "off-topic." Kappa-related yes, although now I'm not too sure if that means "off-topic" or "Solstice-related", err... I think I'm over analyzing.

·
Registered
727 Posts
naoki said:
not a flame, but for the good of, um, science...

... what does this post have to do directly with the Solstice? Just curious why it's not in "off-topic." Kappa-related yes, although now I'm not too sure if that means "off-topic" or "Solstice-related", err... I think I'm over analyzing.
Its a Solstice underneath I guess. :cool Doesn't matter really. At least yet. We get so off topic in a lot of our threads that they don't fit anywhere! :lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
True, its not like there is a lot to talk about specifically related to "our precious", and its not like i use the forum headings anyway as a gateway to look at only certain information...

..speaking of which, I wasn't sure if this information was even relevant enough to give it's own topic, so I'll post it here for only those of us who read every post...

The new car and driver has a model year preview for every car company. They state that we can expect to see the Solstice "in early 2006 at the soonest."

I no longer trust any press-announced release date!!!

Here's to being completely off-topic! :crazy

·
Registered
15 Posts
naoki said:
True, its not like there is a lot to talk about specifically related to "our precious", and its not like i use the forum headings anyway as a gateway to look at only certain information...

..speaking of which, I wasn't sure if this information was even relevant enough to give it's own topic, so I'll post it here for only those of us who read every post...

The new car and driver has a model year preview for every car company. They state that we can expect to see the Solstice "in early 2006 at the soonest."

I no longer trust any press-announced release date!!!

Here's to being completely off-topic! :crazy
Not exactly, the wording is "...in 2006 at the earliest". You're talking about the "charting trends" segment in C/D, right? I take that to mean as an '06 model. No worries.

Just to take this totally off-topic, did you see the Lambo Murcialago convertible review? Or the amphibius RV? The writing in C/D cracks me up, man!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wouldn't take C&D's reported date to heart. Until GM says there has been a major delay, I would count on a 2005 launch of a 2006 model year vehicle. C&D gets their long term forcasting wrong now and then, and with them quoting sources like gminsidernews.com posts, I am not sure how much I trust any of their inside news anyway...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure that the Opel is on the kappa platform. From looking at Opel.com it said it was developed by Lotus and it looks like even with a folding hard top there is still room in the trunk.

·
Registered
727 Posts
dav8or said:
I'm not sure that the Opel is on the kappa platform. From looking at Opel.com it said it was developed by Lotus and it looks like even with a folding hard top there is still room in the trunk.
What Solsticeman said. Your thinking of the Speedster. The pic here is supposedly a different opel (a concept) developed on the Kappa architecture.

Ah, the Speedster! It would have been nice to see GM import a few of those, even if they were expensive and very low volume. Its definately a neat and somewhat unique little sports car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts