Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Oh wow, I think I need to go change my pants :D
That is such a beautiful looking car. It looks very much like all the other spy images we've seen of the Sky.

NAIAS hurry the hell up and get here!!! :thumbs

I translated the German on the article and it comes out to...
That-open two-seaters comes at the beginning of of 2006 price run 27000 euro

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Fformula88 said:
That is pretty hot! I also really like the hardtop coupes on that page!! Jan 9 cannot come soon enough!
Yeah, 15 days just seems so long away. 2 weeks and one day to go!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hard top and front ends

Which of the front end would you prefer? The red one or the yellow one? By the way, the red hard top pictures, I pretty sure that is a hard top convertable, look at the crease line in the A piller and the B piller, the Benz SLK as well as the XLR have the same crease lines in about the same location.
Personally, I prefer the hard top, but I sure don't want to pay extra for this convertable hard top, just give me a simple hard top. Happy holidays everyone. Be sure to take plenty of pictures for those going to the car shows, I am in L.A. now but have to leave on the 1st. :banghead

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
gmmerc5 said:
Which of the front end would you prefer? The red one or the yellow one? By the way, the red hard top pictures, I pretty sure that is a hard top convertable, look at the crease line in the A piller and the B piller, the Benz SLK as well as the XLR have the same crease lines in about the same location.
Personally, I prefer the hard top, but I sure don't want to pay extra for this convertable hard top, just give me a simple hard top. Happy holidays everyone. Be sure to take plenty of pictures for those going to the car shows, I am in L.A. now but have to leave on the 1st. :banghead
I like the front end of the yellow car better because it has a much larger air inatake opening then the red one.

Yeah, I see the small line in the red ones roof as well, like it's where two panels meet or possibly a retractable hard top, or some sort of Targa top.

·
Registered
727 Posts
gmmerc5 said:
Which of the front end would you prefer?
Maybe it’s just the different angles of the pictures, but I prefer the grey one at the bottom of the page. The upper grille opening seems smaller than the yellow car, but otherwise it looks about the same. The red one seems to lose something without the chrome accent across the grille. Yet all are fairly similar and do look good. However, I think I still like the Solstice better but I’d have to see the Opel person to be sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Maybe it’s just the different angles of the pictures, but I prefer the grey one at the bottom of the page. The upper grille opening seems smaller than the yellow car, but otherwise it looks about the same. The red one seems to lose something without the chrome accent across the grille. Yet all are fairly similar and do look good. However, I think I still like the Solstice better but I’d have to see the Opel person to be sure.
You are probably right, the angles of the pictures, it does make the red one looks rounder, with less sharp line then the others 2 (the yellow and the gray one), personally I rather not have the chrome trim across the grille, but it seem like most auto makers are bring back the chrome for the exterior decor. I still can't decide whether I like the Solstice or the SKY, since I haven't seen neither of them in person, from what I saw (pictures), I like the SKY.

·
Registered
727 Posts
There is more chrome showing up on cars again. Not tons like years ago, but little highlights. I hope it holds up better than some of the faux chrome I have seen recently. I used to have a 97 Ford Probe which had a chrome badge that looked terrible after 2 years!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts