Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs: Now that I am well on my way on gertting SKY.\, is anyone else interested in the AURA? I am first onthe list for one, and although it not the sporty SKY, i think this could be a real sleeper, for a small luxory vehicle. I heard a few things, been contacted by Saturn norification on the interior, which is supposed to be better than the Caddy STS's. Also I have heard that there is going to a 300hp engine for this car. Rumor? probably, but if available I bet it will be a screamer in its own right. I own a 04 L300.3 with everything except dropo down dvd player, with the 180 HP 6 cyl, and for poor man's luxory car, it is every bit as good as anyhting I have driven in this range. It has power, will cruise all day at 95-l00 with no strain, very comfortable, handles great, a very fun car with moderate luxury and power to.

What have heard about this car?
:thumbs:
ERNEST

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am interested to see the Aura and the Outlook. Saturn has some nice product coming down the pipe. As long as the Aura has the 3.6L HF and the new Six Speed it will be a winner. No 3.5L and 4 Speed please. The Outlook will have the 3.6L HF and the Six Speed. Hopefully they will kill the Relay, and finally update the Vue and Ion in MY 2008. Maybe we can finally get the VUE to use the 2.4L and the 3.6L Engines with a Five or Six Speed.

BTW, the Aura will have a Green Line using the Vue Green Line "BAS Mild Hybrid" system, mated to the 2.4L

·
Registered
41 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
I am interested to see the Aura and the Outlook. Saturn has some nice product coming down the pipe. As long as the Aura has the 3.6L HF and the new Six Speed it will be a winner. No 3.5L and 4 Speed please. The Outlook will have the 3.6L HF and the Six Speed. Hopefully they will kill the Relay, and finally update the Vue and Ion in MY 2008. Maybe we can finally get the VUE to use the 2.4L and the 3.6L Engines with a Five or Six Speed.

BTW, the Aura will have a Green Line using the Vue Green Line "BAS Mild Hybrid" system, mated to the 2.4L

Is this true on the Aura? I saw it yesteday at the Detroit auto show and was told that there is no information on the production yet. I hope they don't change it much when they bring it out, I'll need a second car after my SKY to do my grocery shopping.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm waiting on the Aura too. Something nice when I need the trunk space :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
johnny99 said:
Is this true on the Aura? I saw it yesteday at the Detroit auto show and was told that there is no information on the production yet. I hope they don't change it much when they bring it out, I'll need a second car after my SKY to do my grocery shopping.

Me too, my wife is getting one and as usual I am #1 on the list. What a great grocery getter.

ERNEST:thumbs: :driving: :driving: :patriot:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got that right. Iwas told July at the earliest. Grandaughter will be born in June, so hopefully the AURA will be to coming out. Daughter gets our VUE, can't be to safe with my mothers namesake, Keep L300 for me, AURA fo wife, and........SKY is for Funnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

ERNEST
Proud Gandpa/7 grandkids

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm very interested in seeing the production-spec AURA. I beleive, from another forum I frequent, that the production-spec AURA will be introduced next month (February) at the Chicago Auto Show, maybe alongside of the OUTLOOK. All I know is that usually all of the vehicles shown at the LAIAS, NAIAS, and Chicago shows end up at the NYIAS in April... where I'm lucky enough to see them in person. I saw the concept AURA last year at the NYIAS and the wife and I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see the real one!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll reserve judgement 'til I see it but I expect the AURA to be a good car.

I'm sure people will throw knives at me for this, but I like Saturn overall because I think they are the 21st century version of Olds in the 1970s (remember, that was when the Cutlass was the best selling car in America and Olds were among the handsomest and best cars sold, period).

Their styling even reminds me of Oldsmobiles, which is good. My father was an Oldsmobile man. I liked my dad's Olsmobile - never can forgive the General for killing it, but now we have Saturn.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GMguy74 said:
I'm very interested in seeing the production-spec AURA. I beleive, from another forum I frequent, that the production-spec AURA will be introduced next month (February) at the Chicago Auto Show, maybe alongside of the OUTLOOK. All I know is that usually all of the vehicles shown at the LAIAS, NAIAS, and Chicago shows end up at the NYIAS in April... where I'm lucky enough to see them in person. I saw the concept AURA last year at the NYIAS and the wife and I liked it a lot. Can't wait to see the real one!
Me to!!!!!!! ERNEST

·
Registered
623 Posts
Outlook is at Chicago. The Aura was originally slated for there as well (according to the website) but it will be at NYIAS.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lee Willis said:
I'll reserve judgement 'til I see it but I expect the AURA to be a good car.

I'm sure people will throw knives at me for this, but I like Saturn overall because I think they are the 21st century version of Olds in the 1970s (remember, that was when the Cutlass was the best selling car in America and Olds were among the handsomest and best cars sold, period).

Their styling even reminds me of Oldsmobiles, which is good. My father was an Oldsmobile man. I liked my dad's Olsmobile - never can forgive the General for killing it, but now we have Saturn.
Lest we forget the big block Oldsmobiles of the 60-'s, Remember the deep tone ground pounding 442? Remember the muscles cars of the 60, I thinka similiar era is dawning, not to l;ong ago I read about the big three were targeting the now older Baby Boomers because they are now financially able to reklive their youth in high trech muscle cars, ie: 400HP GTO/Camero/ ansd of course the good old 426 HEMI. I was there. and love to see it happen again. Fully loaded 426 HEMI Plymouth Belveder 2K at most.:thumbs: :cheers:

ERNEST:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ernest said:
Lest we forget the big block Oldsmobiles of the 60-'s, Remember the deep tone ground pounding 442? Remember the muscles cars of the 60, I thinka similiar era is dawning, not to l;ong ago ERNEST:D
My dad had a '65 Olds 88 425 with a Turbo-Hydramatic and the optional higher numerical axle that was must awesome: a clean, nice looking car without any pretense and all the low end torque in the world. I loved that car.

Ernest said:
I read about the big three were targeting the now older Baby Boomers because they are now financially able to reklive their youth in high trech muscle cars, ie: 400HP GTO/Camero/ ansd of course the good old 426 HEMI. I was there. and love to see it happen again. Fully loaded 426 HEMI Plymouth Belveder 2K at most.:thumbs: :cheers:
ERNEST:D
I guess I'm one of those. I always wanted a silver 427 Corvette coupe, which was the absolute king of the street when I was 17. Had to wait 37 years, through two mortgages and three college educations to get it, then had to build the 427 engine myself, but it was worth it.
Well, what else are you going to do with the money that is as much fun?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you are overlookling the 427 Cobra, the fastest productiion car at the time in made in the United States. My budy raced one from a stop light in a 427 tri-power 68 vette, no contest, we could barely read his rear license plate by 3rd gear! I am almost got out to see why we weere stopped. HA HA

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
:thumbs: ......What have heard about this car?:thumbs: ERNEST/quote]

Hi Ernest
There is another forum http://www.saturnfans.com/ it appears to be totally different from the current group and it covers just Saturns and the groups are divided between the different models of Saturn. Give it a look!
Here tis again http://www.saturnfans.com/
eldeeko

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am already trying to figure out how to work in an extra car payment....i really want an Aura and a Sky in the driveway...the interior/exterior is very choice on the Aura....anyone have an idea what the msrp is going to be around?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
DuSpinnst said:

the 3.5 in the Vue is awesome...it also uses an 5 speed Automatic...why don't ou like this setup???

Earnest...the 300 HP engine will be in the Aura Redline. Could it be that they just tuned the current V6 that is in the Vue. My buddy has a chip in his Vue Redline and it now puts out 300 HP. Totally believable since it is the same engine that is in the Acra MDX...just de-tuned.

·
Registered
623 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
the 3.5 in the Vue is awesome...it also uses an 5 speed Automatic...why don't ou like this setup???

Earnest...the 300 HP engine will be in the Aura Redline. Could it be that they just tuned the current V6 that is in the Vue. My buddy has a chip in his Vue Redline and it now puts out 300 HP. Totally believable since it is the same engine that is in the Acra MDX...just de-tuned.
3.5 in the VUE is a DOHC Honda, the 3.5 in the AURA is going to be the 3.5 OHC from the Impala and Monte Carlo. VERY DIFFERENT ENGINES.

That and I hate Honda.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
3.5 in the VUE is a DOHC Honda, the 3.5 in the AURA is going to be the 3.5 OHC from the Impala and Monte Carlo. VERY DIFFERENT ENGINES.

That and I hate Honda.
Oh...why wouldn't they use the Honda...it is awesome! Maybe there are not enough to go around

1 - 20 of 56 Posts