Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So far I love my sky!!! Just some minor things that the Dealer has some what resolved. I do have one issue that is kind of annoying me. On day 2 of owning the car i noticed a white squiggley line on the leather of the passenger seat. Its small about slightly more than a 1/4" in length. It looks like when u paint something and a string or hair was on the surface and the paint didnt take in the spot. So I mentioned it to the dealer who said they would try to detail it out. NO GO its a scratch. Leather is fine just a white line. So they said they would get a guy who specializes in handling this type of thing and he would some how dye it to black. So they say "we'll call you" YEAH RIGHT!!!! So after a week I go to the dealer for other issues and mention it again at which time they promise me " Oh when u come in tomorrow we will have an appointment date for u" OK AGAIN YEAH RIGHT!!! So I pick up my SKY and all the other rattling problems are ok but they didnt touch up the scrape on the inside of the hood like they said and they made a small chip on the inside of the fender (UNDER THE HOOD), Im not pissed but I get them to touch it up but its like pulling teeth!! So I drive off and look at the passenger seat and GUESS WHAT. I DONT SEE THE SQUIGGLEY LINE. SOme one took either a Perm marker or something. Now to someone just admiring the car they would probably never see it but I see where they did it and if u look really really close It looks like a marker.

I AM MAKING A BIG DEAL OF THIS OR SHOULD I HOLD THEM TO TASK AND GET THEM TO EITHER MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ITS PERFECT OR HAVE THEM ORDER ME SEAT SKIN?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That's a decision you have to make for yourself. You are entitled to a car without defects. If the repair is insufficient, you can insist upon a replacement.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
migg750 said:
So far I love my sky!!! Just some minor things that the Dealer has some what resolved. I do have one issue that is kind of annoying me. On day 2 of owning the car i noticed a white squiggley line on the leather of the passenger seat. Its small about slightly more than a 1/4" in length. It looks like when u paint something and a string or hair was on the surface and the paint didnt take in the spot. So I mentioned it to the dealer who said they would try to detail it out. NO GO its a scratch. Leather is fine just a white line. So they said they would get a guy who specializes in handling this type of thing and he would some how dye it to black. So they say "we'll call you" YEAH RIGHT!!!! So after a week I go to the dealer for other issues and mention it again at which time they promise me " Oh when u come in tomorrow we will have an appointment date for u" OK AGAIN YEAH RIGHT!!! So I pick up my SKY and all the other rattling problems are ok but they didnt touch up the scrape on the inside of the hood like they said and they made a small chip on the inside of the fender (UNDER THE HOOD), Im not pissed but I get them to touch it up but its like pulling teeth!! So I drive off and look at the passenger seat and GUESS WHAT. I DONT SEE THE SQUIGGLEY LINE. SOme one took either a Perm marker or something. Now to someone just admiring the car they would probably never see it but I see where they did it and if u look really really close It looks like a marker.

I AM MAKING A BIG DEAL OF THIS OR SHOULD I HOLD THEM TO TASK AND GET THEM TO EITHER MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ITS PERFECT OR HAVE THEM ORDER ME SEAT SKIN?
It's hard to say because I can't see it. But if you think about it -- leather is a natural product and it will have imperfections in/on it. If it is basically unnoticeable -- I'd let it go. The leather is going to fade and wear and stretch (and in my mine start to look really good) anyway so as long as it is not a hole and/or standout LOOK AT ME huge I'd let it pass.
It is, however, your car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
migg750 said:

Hold them to task!

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
Don't forget the Saturn Vehicle return policy. You can exchange that car for a different one if you are not satisfied with it as well. See the Saturn site for details but this DOES apply to the Sky too. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Get what you paid for!!!!! A zero defect car !! Get it fixed or get compensated for it!! Just my .02 :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
First of all take it to the next dealer if you are not satisfied by the one that sold you the car! About the scratch, if you find yourself annoyed and thinking about it several times an hour then probably have them replace the leather on that seat. You paid full price on that car and you deserve to be 100% happy. Do not let them dictate what they should do though, if you want it replaced then ask for the manager of the dealership. If he cannot help you go to another dealership and tell them your frustrations with your new baby! My .02 as well...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
JUST my opinion: If it really bothers you go for the long haul of making it perfect! But remember nothings perfect. And sometimes when we try to fix something thats slightly broken or in your case slighlty flawed, we can sometimes make the problem worst. Find out what procedure they (dealership) plan on using? and if theres a 100% difference in the looks, but if there is no for sure, then I'D SAY DON'T TOUCH :nono:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would be more upset that they used a market to try to fix it when they promised a leather repair. I never let anyone do any work on my cars unless I know how they plan to fix it, so I can mkse sure the fix is acceptable.

I would have them fix it right.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
unfortunately some people(service people) are not as anal as we are about our "SKY". so they don't under our pain and suffering....STILL WAITING.......:banghead:

·
Registered
453 Posts
A marker??

Graysky said:
Hold them to task!
A black marker? Oh heck no!! :banghead: I'd make them fix it and let them know how unprofessional that was. what an insult as if you wouldn't notice? Make u'm fix it. You paid good money for a "brand new car." Don't wait too long to take it back to them. Good luck and please keep us posted on the out come.
Terry

·
Registered
804 Posts
First off, I would contact an upholstery shop to find out how they repair marks like you had/have on your leather. Then I would just ask to speak with the person who did the repair on the seat at the dealership. Then ask them how they repaired it. If it matches the way the pro's would do it, then thank them and move on. If they didn't do the job correctly, then ask to have it cleaned and repaired correctly- and give them the name of the upholstery shop and who to contact.:thumbs:
The Sky brings out some very strong emotions in the owners...something I have not seen in very many cars. :willy: I think we really are a bunch of picky people who want only the best for our Skys- and Saturn/GM is finding that out too.:eek: I guess when you make a car that makes you feel like your driving a car with another zero on the end of the price tag (just a saying, don't read into it) you make sure your being taken care of. That is why I like this site, we can get all sorts of answers to the questions we feel are needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts