Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just am experimenting with new grill bar looks (looks to Honda like for me), this was my first try so no crticizing the application, just give an opinion of the general look and Idea...
I used some Carbon fiber look vinyl...

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
not bad

not bad at all!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Stick with the chrome it highlights the base color. This looks like you are trying to go stealth which is probably impossible iin a Sky! But if thats what makes you happy then it's OK with me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I see where you are going -- I am too much a purist -- Personally I'd leave it alone. But - it adds punch to the logo (if that is what you are looking for) and plays down the glitz.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hyperode said:
Stick with the chrome it highlights the base color. This looks like you are trying to go stealth which is probably impossible iin a Sky! But if thats what makes you happy then it's OK with me.
i have other ideas this was my first shot

·
Registered
727 Posts
I think it would look better on a lighter color car... yellow, white, etc. It just blends in a bit too much on your car. Doesn't look bad, but makes the car a little more understated... of course, if that is your goal, then it may be just what you want!

·
Registered
72 Posts
IMHO, two thumbs up !!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
That's not bad at all.
We're probably so used to seeing the chrome that we're thinking it's "off" without it.
You have to stand back a bit to see it with fresh eyes, and it gives it a new good look.
Maybe mask off the top of the Saturn logo part to square off that region?
That may be throwing it off a bit. Don't know. Lotta personal preference in here.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
On that colour I say stay with Chrome

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I agree that lighter color cars would look best with that. SkyBaby-07

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
SkyBaby, I'm surprised you didn't say you were running out to the store to buy pink vinyl real quick :lol: :eek:

·
Registered
316 Posts
:thumbs:

·
Registered
173 Posts
:nono: I like the shine of chrome

·
Registered
248 Posts
Doesn't work for me

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like chrome too, but I just can't get over the HONDA look of the grillbar....
that is the only thing i want to change, if someone would make an insert to replace the plastic grill part that has the mesh all the way up, then i would put it and a small Chrome outline of the opening...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I like chrome too, but I just can't get over the HONDA look of the grillbar....
that is the only thing i want to change, if someone would make an insert to replace the plastic grill part that has the mesh all the way up, then i would put it and a small Chrome outline of the opening...
I agree about the Honda thing. I don't like what you have so far, but I think your on the right track. I had thought about removing the bar alltogether. But I kind of like the saturn logo. Keep working on it. Maybe we'll come up with an idea.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I think it would look better on a lighter color car... yellow, white, etc. It just blends in a bit too much on your car. Doesn't look bad, but makes the car a little more understated... of course, if that is your goal, then it may be just what you want!
Awhile ago I was playing around with the idea of painting the chrome to match the car. 1st pic.

2nd pic, removing the chrome with only the Saturn badge remaining.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
What is it?

"Awhile ago I was playing around with the idea of painting the chrome to match the car. 1st pic.

2nd pic, removing the chrome with only the Saturn badge remaining."

Just my opinion... 1st pic looks more Honda - 2nd pic more like Mustang.
Most people still don't recognize the Sky when they see it now. This would really leave them quessing...:jester: :jester:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts