Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Sky Redline in March, 2018. It seems to have just about all the available factory options that I am aware of; however, can anyone tell me what factory options are not on my Sky? This is what the car has per the window sticker (I am skipping the $0 options):

Sky Red Line
5 Speed automatic transmission
18" chrome alloy wheels
Black leather seat inserts
Audio system, AM/FM with 6 disc in-dash CD changer
Monsoon premium audio
Rear spoiler

Just curious; thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
I think you may have everything that was offered. Skys came pretty well fully optioned as standard.

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
The six disc in dash CD changer was the big one. A lot of cars got the Monsoon system but not the changer (The Monsoon system was an upgrade over the standard radio and was offered with a single CD player and the 6 disk in dash changer).

I really can't think of any other factory option. Being a Redline the LSD would have been standard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The window sticker says price, including shipping charge, $33,390.

The 290 HP GM upgrade would have been dealer-installed. Apparently, the original owner considered it, but changed her mind. I guess things like the GM flyswatter would have been dealer options also, not factory.

I can also see correspondence with the dealer that the original owner considered getting a tonneau cover but declined that.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
There were options for additional years of OnStar, standard color combo override (how I and others got red on red, and at least one person got yellow on red), I think the automatic was actually more expensive, front license plate bracket (not sure if this added cost), the order book I have shows leather seats as an option.

The rarest thing, apparently, that I have on my car is a set of Sky-specific GM rubber floor mats. They don't show on the order book though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
How about power driver seat ?

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
You sure about that? My understanding is that the USB radio was an upgrade option from the standard single and multi-disc CD radios. I certainly know a friend has an '09 Sky without USB.
No, I am not sure, but thought that USB was a feature added to an existing option.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
No, I am not sure, but thought that USB was a feature added to an existing option.
In 2009 USB was an option and not standard equipment...the XM radio was also not standard...but I may be mistaken when it came to the SE...it may have been standard on those models. XM radios came with a different harness to our cars and they needed a special receiver hidden behind the mat of the car...it also needed a three wire shark antenna on the trunk...otherwise the antennas had 2 wires. The receiver in the trunk was VIN specific and could not be switched...even your GM techs in your dealership did not know this.

·
Super Moderator
5,086 Posts
I guess we will just conveniently ignore the fact that this thread is about a 2008 RL.

While the different radios had unique RPO codes, were they actually different options? I only remember seeing three radio options: Base, Monsoon 1-CD, and Monsoon 6-CD.
Since I am working from 10-year-old memories of things that didn't even matter to me at the time..........

·
Registered
3,947 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
The head unit with USB input was to be added for the 2010 model year. Those that have them bought them from ICS, who bought all the unused parts inventory from Wilmington.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The head unit with USB input was to be added for the 2010 model year. Those that have them bought them from ICS, who bought all the unused parts inventory from Wilmington.
You mean it was available on the Solstice in '09 but not on the Sky until '10? Wow.

And yes, mine was originally a Sky radio from ICS, onto which I swapped a Solstice faceplate for color match.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
You mean it was available on the Solstice in '09 but not on the Sky until '10? Wow.

And yes, mine was originally a Sky radio from ICS, onto which I swapped a Solstice faceplate for color match.
No. My understanding is that Bluetooth was added for 2009, but the USB input was a 2010 thing only. I could be wrong (it was ten years ago), but I don't think any production Kappas left the factory with USB head units except the handful of 2010 MY vehicles that were auctioned as used.

How can it have been a decade already??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts