Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the order confirmation process. Yesterday I went to my local Saturn dealership and they placed my order in the computer for the Redline. My question is, can I call Saturn and make sure it went in right? I mean what if it arrives and there is something not right. I just thought it would be nice to make a call to GM or Saturn and find out if they put my order in right. Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
There is a code system that GM follows. Ours was different from the soltisce, but if I can recall they recently changed the saturn codes to match the pontiac codes. This was done about a month ago.

·
Registered
38 Posts
scottone928 said:
...Yesterday I went to my local Saturn dealership and they placed my order in the computer for the Redline...
They actually placed the order in the computer? I wasn't aware Redlines could be put in the system yet?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
scottone928 said:
He also said he put it in as a priority 1, what ever that does ?
I believe "priority 1" means that your car is considered "sold" and will get built ahead of cars ordered by your dealer for dealer stock...which I believe are put into the system as 'priority 99'....at least that's how it was described on the Sol forum. Go there and check out some of the threads posted on ordering the GXP, and you will find numerous posts regarding the "priority" codes that dealers enter into the ordering system.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
nscrbug said:
I believe "priority 1" means that your car is considered "sold" and will get built ahead of cars ordered by your dealer for dealer stock...which I believe are put into the system as 'priority 99'....at least that's how it was described on the Sol forum. Go there and check out some of the threads posted on ordering the GXP, and you will find numerous posts regarding the "priority" codes that dealers enter into the ordering system.
Your dealer put's the orders in and list what priorty he wants them to get built. Priorty 1-First car built for that dealership, priorty 2-second car built for that dealership ect. If your not at least 1 to 6 , ( The first year is very limited ) I don't think you will see your Red Line untill the 2008 model.
But after you walk out the door or when it comes time for GM to pick them up you have to be sure your dealer doesn't change the priorty because some of his friend's ordered one.

This happened alot with the Solstice when it came out. There are alot of dealers out there that are not honest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts