Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it seem to anybody else that the whole order system is ready to collapse. No chrome wheels or automatics available. The ony thing available are manuals with painted wheels. Was there no market reseach done to find out what customers wanted? Now the 800 is no longer available, don't call us because we don't know either.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As long as they ship mine...

Oops, the sky... Is it falling?

·
Registered
326 Posts
:thumbs: :agree: It is the year 2006 and this is as good as they can do? Im fixing to give them 28K for a car & told they can tell me nothing. Not all that impressed. Still in either automatic or chrome wheel purgatory ( I think as I am still waiting for call from local manager) 030 as of 3-10-06.:brentil:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Patience, Grasshoppers, patience. Your wait is a piece of cake compared to some of us. Try over 2 years waiting from concept to reality, then 8 wks at 030. Now, meditiate, think about when your SKY arrives, how really silly it was to get all wound up, now, don't you feel more realeived & at peace with yourself? No? Well then go kick something!!:lol: :lol: :D :thumbs:

Hey cousins, IMMMMM BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK:thumbs:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have been waiting for 11 years for this car LOL. I gave up a convertible when I bought my first saturn in '95. I needed a solid reliable car because I was working in Sacramento but living outside of LA and went home most weekends. That was 900 miles every weekend. Anyway, I have been monitoring Saturn, waiting for a rag top since then. This is Saturn # 12 for us so you know we like the company and the cars. Pick mine up Wednesay if all goes well!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
GM along with most automakers don't have an elaborate system set up for detailed tracking of every part and available option in their catologue for the general public, or even the dealers. Since most of their business is just orders from dealers for stock, and not a lot of individual orders, they really have had little incentive to develop a better tracking system either. So patience is the key.

With limite options, like chrome rims or automatics, it is not unusual to have restrictions on the quantity available to order and build. It is dependent in large part on what the supply can give.

I guess if you ordered any options that have some restrictions, you just need to stay patient while supply catches up with demand. :cheers:

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Corvette had a wheel supply issue back a few months maybe a year ago... I believe production shut down for 2-3weeks... Not too bad, I don't think it has been longer for the Sky?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fformula88 said:
GM along with most automakers don't have an elaborate system set up for detailed tracking of every part and available option in their catologue for the general public, or even the dealers. Since most of their business is just orders from dealers for stock, and not a lot of individual orders, they really have had little incentive to develop a better tracking system either. So patience is the key.

With limite options, like chrome rims or automatics, it is not unusual to have restrictions on the quantity available to order and build. It is dependent in large part on what the supply can give.

I guess if you ordered any options that have some restrictions, you just need to stay patient while supply catches up with demand. :cheers:
:agree: You hit it right on the nose!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
248 Posts
For what its worth ...

... my SKY was built during the last 3 weeks ... with an auto transmision ... but I do have painted wheels.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
No supprise on the wait for Auto. We knew they were building Standard's first. The chrome wheels and the red interior supply issues supprise me thought.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Saturn....Missed the boat here. All there Promotional material I saw was with Black/red interior and Chrome Wheels, what did the think most were going to order. I have been waiting since 01/09 image placed, I orderd Black/red interior, Chrome Wheels, Stick...And just got Vin last week...........Good luck to all

·
Registered
202 Posts
Obviously most of you missed Saturn's earlier vehicle launches. This is situation normal around here. It'll get itself together, but it will also take a few more weeks before everything sorts itself out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts