Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Redline at Saturn of Dayon North (Ohio).
I am the 5th redline order they have had so far.:D

Thanks for everyone here for the info you continue to provide.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
DanNewcomer said:

Welcome aboard, as for the bald head, I have my wife Simoniz mine before we go cruisin', adds 5 mph on top end!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
DanNewcomer said:

Congrads on the order placed! what color did you order? I will place mine Monday! I will sale my regular SKY when the Redline arrives=)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
got my order in saturn of annarbor my sales guy says i am no1 on list but i bet i am at least 2. but i did have my name on the regular sky list sence march

i am going with yellow and leather
Yer goin with the right color...:cheers: :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As always another good tip

I'll have to give the simoniz trick a try LOL:cool:
Chili pepper red was the only way to go for me.
Now for the long wait. :willy:
Thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Using same Dealer

Dan,
Please keep us posted of how your experience goes. I am wanting to get a Red Line from the same dealer. Do they mark up or make you buy any dealer add on's? I'd appreciate all the info as to how your buying experience goes.
New here, and have founds lots of great information already.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No markups or add ons

This dealership seems to be on the up and up. Eric did not even try to push any add ons or mark ups from the standard pricing.
Dan:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
The dealer I placed a RL order with is also on the up and up; no markup and no forced purchase of options. Do the rules here allow the posting of the name of a non-supporting dealer? If so I would likt to post this dealer, as well as the dealer in RI that charges the 9% premium, so people know where to go and not to go.

·
Registered
421 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
got my order in saturn of annarbor my sales guy says i am no1 on list but i bet i am at least 2. but i did have my name on the regular sky list sence march

i am going with yellow and leather
How's the dealer in Ann Arbor? I'm moving my daughter back end of Aug. and I was considering driving my Sky up and should be ready for a service by then.

·
Registered
384 Posts
DanNewcomer said:
This dealership seems to be on the up and up. Eric did not even try to push any add ons or mark ups from the standard pricing.
Dan:D
Great news. Thanks. Please keep your experience through the whole process posted. Thanks in advance.
SKY 4 ME

·
Registered
54 Posts
DanNewcomer said:

:) Wow!! I just ordered my redline, from Saturn North also. I'm right behind you in line, #6.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Good Luck! :cheers:
I must admit I am confused. Speaking to the dealership is not reassuring either for me. I am a first time Saturn customer, currently a Lexus owner, and never met so many folks with no answers. In fact when I went to the big car show here in this area, the Saturn salesman forgot to bring his business cards and a pen to write with. But the SKY was there on display! When I asked him some basic questions... you guessed it. :rolleyes: So I walk into the dealership ship after the show and ... you guessed it .. I get assign to ... that's right.. 'no card'. I put a thousand down and walk out with a yellow agreement/order form. And told I am #2 in the Capital District for a "Red Line"!
Now to be fair back in April, and even now, limited news is available to waiting owners. So I am not shocked to hear nothing.
But since February I have read many forums .. Saturnfans.com, skyforums.com,townhall-talk.edmund.com, Saturnspeed.com and Skyroadster.com.
(Skyroadster is the most active and I find the most over all interesting forum going:thumbs: ). So each day for months I read as we all wait and finally many of you start picking up your Sky's. The "Red Line" is coming... well it is ... and it seems some of you have order numbers and production info and I have heard nothing. So I revisit my dealer and my associate is quick to approach and he knows nothing and I am not to worry for he is looking out for me. :banghead:
Back to these forums and gee more dealers seem to be pushing their customers up the food chain and I hear nothing for weeks and keep reading and getting the feeling I need to change dealers. So to be fair, I revisit the dealer and wow ... my guy is next to me. No answers, full of trust me and his appearance is as messy as the yellow agreement form he filled out. :brentil: So I ask to speak to the sells manager and explain that I just am not comfortable and request to be reassigned. I must say this new gentlman started out by redoing the order since he too felt it was less that complete. Also he claimed they delivered a SKY "Red Line" a month ago. So I am now #1 in the Capital District for a ordered "Red LIne". I question a "Red Line" delivery and a month ago? But as long as I moved up .,who cares. :thumbs: Has the dealer given me a production number .. 'no', a number of any type .. 'no'. :willy: I gave them all the information as listed below and yet I continue to read where you all are given numbers and me ... I am told not to worry .. I will be taken care of. :confused: I realize each dealer runs their operation slightly different, but knowledge is power and I wish I had more of it.
What is the general consensus .. does GM or the dealers make up the rules we wait under?
I may actually be in perfect position, but I certainly am not aware that my order has been forwarded to the plant order process system. I get the impression the dealer is waiting to get a phone call, an email or some order form from the order processing office. He is not pushing me as it appears your dealers are you. Sitting in the dark with no communications is a tough way to develop lasting future relationships with good customers.
I was getting emails asking me to visit Saturn, as if they want my business. Heck, they have a thousand dollar deposit. If they want to send emails, send information on the upgrades for the "Red Line" or even video ads. :thumbs:
It would be nice to get a note from them acknowleging my wait and invite me in for a coffee and free car wash for my current car. Just show me you some professionalism .. some sellsmanship to build for future sells.
I guest my current car dealer has spoiled me. Customer ratings for Saturn are excellent and therefore I thought ... I expected a salesman for Saturn, at a major car show, would bring some business cards to hand out.
So is this lack of communications the norm? What about order/production numbers?:willy:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
GetAboutRL said:
Good Luck! :cheers:
I must admit I am confused. Speaking to the dealership is not reassuring either for me. I am a first time Saturn customer, currently a Lexus owner, and never met so many folks with no answers. In fact when I went to the big car show here in this area, the Saturn salesman forgot to bring his business cards and a pen to write with. But the SKY was there on display! When I asked him some basic questions... you guessed it. :rolleyes: So I walk into the dealership ship after the show and ... you guessed it .. I get assign to ... that's right.. 'no card'. I put a thousand down and walk out with a yellow agreement/order form. And told I am #2 in the Capital District for a "Red Line"!
Now to be fair back in April, and even now, limited news is available to waiting owners. So I am not shocked to hear nothing.
But since February I have read many forums .. Saturnfans.com, skyforums.com,townhall-talk.edmund.com, Saturnspeed.com and Skyroadster.com.
(Skyroadster is the most active and I find the most over all interesting forum going:thumbs: ). So each day for months I read as we all wait and finally many of you start picking up your Sky's. The "Red Line" is coming... well it is ... and it seems some of you have order numbers and production info and I have heard nothing. So I revisit my dealer and my associate is quick to approach and he knows nothing and I am not to worry for he is looking out for me. :banghead:
Back to these forums and gee more dealers seem to be pushing their customers up the food chain and I hear nothing for weeks and keep reading and getting the feeling I need to change dealers. So to be fair, I revisit the dealer and wow ... my guy is next to me. No answers, full of trust me and his appearance is as messy as the yellow agreement form he filled out. :brentil: So I ask to speak to the sells manager and explain that I just am not comfortable and request to be reassigned. I must say this new gentlman started out by redoing the order since he too felt it was less that complete. Also he claimed they delivered a SKY "Red Line" a month ago. So I am now #1 in the Capital District for a ordered "Red LIne". I question a "Red Line" delivery and a month ago? But as long as I moved up .,who cares. :thumbs: Has the dealer given me a production number .. 'no', a number of any type .. 'no'. :willy: I gave them all the information as listed below and yet I continue to read where you all are given numbers and me ... I am told not to worry .. I will be taken care of. :confused: I realize each dealer runs their operation slightly different, but knowledge is power and I wish I had more of it.
What is the general consensus .. does GM or the dealers make up the rules we wait under?
I may actually be in perfect position, but I certainly am not aware that my order has been forwarded to the plant order process system. I get the impression the dealer is waiting to get a phone call, an email or some order form from the order processing office. He is not pushing me as it appears your dealers are you. Sitting in the dark with no communications is a tough way to develop lasting future relationships with good customers.
I was getting emails asking me to visit Saturn, as if they want my business. Heck, they have a thousand dollar deposit. If they want to send emails, send information on the upgrades for the "Red Line" or even video ads. :thumbs:
It would be nice to get a note from them acknowleging my wait and invite me in for a coffee and free car wash for my current car. Just show me you some professionalism .. some sellsmanship to build for future sells.
I guest my current car dealer has spoiled me. Customer ratings for Saturn are excellent and therefore I thought ... I expected a salesman for Saturn, at a major car show, would bring some business cards to hand out.
So is this lack of communications the norm? What about order/production numbers?:willy:
It was the same way with the Solstice. The problem is that Saturn and Pontiac haven't had a car so many people were interested in even before the production started. They don't know how to deal with people wanting their info. Before these cars I knew nothing about VOM'S and shipping ect.

But no Red Line was delivered 6 months ago so he's just throwing BS at you.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
When the redlines come out this forum will let you know. It seems that we know before the dealers know about anything....Skip...:lol: :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Skip is right on...... We know more... most the time than the dealerships do.... at least that is what my GM.. and SM at our dealership told me.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You are all so correct .. this is the best SKY forum on the net! :grouphug: And what makes it so is the members. I enjoy just reading all the different threads. Accidents, baby born, wife illness, car facts, good & not so good dealer stories. It does not get boring and also makes me feel good to be associated with nice people. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts