Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, we went to saturn and purchased a new 2006 Vue/gold series for my husband and put an order in for my Sky. We have been told that they will be getting some in around the middle of February. They said i was about the 4-5 order that they have had. I talked to an online person from saturn and they say we wont get the car until JUNE????? how in the world can they NOT know what is going on...... very frustrated.... HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Okay BRENTL, SaturnDealer, you can jump in here. I ordered from the dealer DEMO allotment, and have advanced somewhat, but I realistically thjink the very earliest I will receive mine would end of FEB, First week in March, if lucky. (very lucky).. I think it is all based on timing of production, the dealers get their demos, albeit slowly, and once in place they will step up production. However this is just a guess on my part, lots of info on the SKY/Sales ordering Forum:thumbs:

ERNEST:D :driving:

Gettin your Sky/ordering forum

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Any guess as to delivery is just that .. A guess.:bs:
See, they haven't begun to build them yet! :skep:
Once they do start, then you'll have a better idea.

Once they begin - figuring the amount built per day/week and where you are should give you a number you can live with.
If you are 4-5 -- then when you see that #1 gets his/hers, then #2 and so on...
I figure -- I will go crazy waiting -- but Everything I've ever done in my life that was good, was well worth the wait!:drool:

Oh BTW -- Where in Illinois? (PM me if you want) we need to get a club together.:thumbs:

:driving:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Illinois

i am outside of rockford. and supposedly , i was just told by a sales rep on the phone from my local dealer, that production has already begun and we will see the first Sky's on the road by the middle of the month.. UGH....... the waiting is..... SO HARD....

I am definitly up for a SKY CLUB.... cant wait. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
247 Posts
When Production Starts ...

Watch this forum ... Kappaman is an "administrator" of the forum ... and appears to be "connected" into GM. He has previously stated that when production officially starts he will be 'allowed' to tell us via one of his frequent posts. So until Kappaman says "Skys are being produced" ... don't believe it!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you

THANK YOU ... very much.. i kinda thought that was an odd thing for them to tell me. I will be watching contently.. with bells on .....

·
Registered
275 Posts
bubbacc said:
Watch this forum ... Kappaman is an "administrator" of the forum ... and appears to be "connected" into GM. He has previously stated that when production officially starts he will be 'allowed' to tell us via one of his frequent posts. So until Kappaman says "Skys are being produced" ... don't believe it!
Wise words indeed. I am anxiously awaiting word from him or our always reliable SKY Dealer and or SKY Sales!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
boots said:
Wise words indeed. I am anxiously awaiting word from him or our always reliable SKY Dealer and or SKY Sales!:thumbs:
:cheers: You can always look on the dealers weekly consolidate report, it will also show when production starts, look at the codes, they tell all. On the other hand our orders could sit at POMS awaiting TPW for awhile, but I just have a feeling delears SKY's(ZMB67's) will be showing up at dealers end of FEB, beginning of March. Still though it just an opinion, and opinions are like XXXX, we all have 'em!!!!!!:D :thumbs:

ERNEST:jester: :cool:

·
Registered
727 Posts
The Sky has not started production yet. It appears that it may reach production in February, but as we learned from the Solstice's launch, anything could delay it. Assuming there are no delays, it will still take a lot of time to fulfill all orders, since they can only make so many Sky's per day, and the Sky will also be sharing production line space with the Solstice which also has a long list of orders to be fulfilled.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thx for the info

i want to thank you for the information...... unfortunatly.... STILL FRUSTRATED..... I WANT MY SKY!!!!! just too antsy to get outdoors and go for a ROADTRIP... i moved up to the FROZEN tundra in october from florida.. and i am FREEZING.... ok.. enough venting... again, THANK YOU SkyBaby_07 :willy:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Maybe if Kappaman were to say "Start Production" then maybe they will :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Kappaman?

... are you holding out on us?:D

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
nighttripper said:
Maybe if Kappaman were to say "Start Production" then maybe they will :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kappaman is connected, but not that well-connected, i don't think. Production will start soon, but in the meantime, they're really cranking out the Solstice, trying to put a dent in the built-up demand.

The third shift is working now, which means Solstice production is up 150% from that before January.

Learn patience now, as it will be a while, even if production were to start on Monday. As the Solstice owners have experienced, it takes between 4 - 8 weeks between when the car is produced and it is delivered (depending on where in the country you are, and the amount of time it takes the car to pass quality control).

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ugh

OK... now i am reallllly bummed... another 6-8 weeks after they start?... i dont know if i can handle that.... that seems like an eternity when..... I WANT MY CAR NOW..... ok.. done throwing a fit. hmmmmm... what info do i need to get from my dealer to be able to see where my order stands? yea... you guessed it.. BLONDE.... double ugh.. thanks all.. SkyBaby_07 :banghead:

·
Registered
102 Posts
SkyBaby said:
what info do i need to get from my dealer to be able to see where my order stands?
What little I know comes from reading the forums here.

This thread contains much of what you'll need.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1927

Somewhere on your paperwork you may should have a VOM number as a 6 character id.
This VOM# can be used by dealers to track your order as it's status moves through event codes.
Keep reading and asking questions here, and the folks who know how this all works will fill you in.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ty

Thank you Skywatcher and all...... i will see what i can find out about the "numbers" from my dealer.. on monday of course... the new car manager thinks he needs a day off.. UGH... SkyBaby_07

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
SkyBaby said:
OK... now i am reallllly bummed... another 6-8 weeks after they start? :banghead:
Note: All of the following is based on my experience with Pontiac Solstices, and I'm assuming the same will apply to the Sky.

No, 4-8 weeks after your car is produced, after the VIN is assigned. First the car has to go through quality control. If they find it fails on anything, then it has to go back an have the problem fixed. Once it passes quality control, then it is OK to ship. It then takes a train to Lordstown, Ohio, where it is grouped with other cars for shipment to the next rail yard nearest to its final destination. If you are on the West Coast, there may be a couple of more rail yards that it has to pass through to get to you. Once it gets to the last rail yard, it is then grouped with other cars coming to your neighborhood dealers, and it is put on a truck carrier. The next stop is your dealer, and you get the phone call that ends the seemingly interminable wait.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Solstices in supply...

I'm in the southern part of Central New Jersey, about an hour or so from the Kappa factory in Delaware. Now I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but I'm noticing that a lot of my area Pontiac dealers have between 1 and 3 Sol's sitting in the lots or showrooms and being heavily advertised (meaning they aren't someone's ordered car) - some being offered at a DISCOUNT and none being sold over MSRP. I'm assuming the 3rd shift is now catching up with demand, or those people that ordered the Sol's backed out after having to wait an eternity to get them (but I'm talking about 5 or 6 Pontiac dealers with Solstice inventory).

On a side note, one of my coworkers tried to get one of the first "1,000" Solstices but the dealer screwed up. She was able to get a regular Solstice ordered after the "Apprentice" promo ended and took delivery of it in late September. I see it everyday at work and it makes it hard for me to be patient for my SKY :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
GMguy74 said:
I'm in the southern part of Central New Jersey, about an hour or so from the Kappa factory in Delaware. Now I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but I'm noticing that a lot of my area Pontiac dealers have between 1 and 3 Sol's sitting in the lots or showrooms and being heavily advertised (meaning they aren't someone's ordered car) - some being offered at a DISCOUNT and none being sold over MSRP. I'm assuming the 3rd shift is now catching up with demand, or those people that ordered the Sol's backed out after having to wait an eternity to get them (but I'm talking about 5 or 6 Pontiac dealers with Solstice inventory).

On a side note, one of my coworkers tried to get one of the first "1,000" Solstices but the dealer screwed up. She was able to get a regular Solstice ordered after the "Apprentice" promo ended and took delivery of it in late September. I see it everyday at work and it makes it hard for me to be patient for my SKY :lol:
I would imagine that sales would pick up in the spring. That way you wouldn't have to sit around and look at it til spring. But if I could get a Sky now I would sit in it till spring BRuuuuMMMM BRuuuuMMMMM:cheers:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts