Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered are sky today...Black, Black top,Black red interioer....Car is for my wife. We will ge the first one delivered to our dealer. We will get Vin in early Feb. and expect delivery around 2 or 3 week of march....Wife is very excited not a bad gift.............lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mark up...Showed me the sheet from saturn with the extra prices. I have bought 2 saturns from them and have sent 3 people to them which have bought. So that maybe helped. It is my understanding that some dealers will be selling to the highest bidder................:eek:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Ordered My Sky Yesterday

I ordered my Sky yesterday, can"t wait to get it. I chose the Silverpearl/Red Leather Interior/Blacktop, Deck spoiler, 6 cd radio w/mp3, XM radio,Positrac, Premium trim pkg. I sat with the General Manager of my dealership as he punched in the order, as soon as he hit to send button, BINGO I had my Sky. Although all I have at this point is Order ID #, it is a good feeling to know that sometime in the hoperfully near future I will get a production date. There are 3 delears in this Saturn group, each dealership was allowed 1 per.
The other 2 dealers are keeping theres for their showroom. I guess since I have dealt with my dealer for 9 yrs, having bought 8, had a litttle something to do with it. I currently own a 04 L300.3, a great car in itself, and my wife has an 04 VUE the new kid on the block gets the garage. I plan toi only drive my SKY for recreation, not on a daily basis. The l300 in itself is to good to let go. Would like to know if there is anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area is also a SKY fanatic. I just joined the web site so it is all pretty new to me. Any input on lead times etc would be appreciated. Now I am #1 on the waiting list for the AURA, which will be an awesome ride in itself. Ernest

·
Registered
295 Posts
SKY orders...

Okay, not to poop on anyone's parade...but Saturn told us that the first SKY that we order (and we ordered ours the other day) is strictly for showroom use. Test drives and such. I was also told that Saturn was not even releasing the MCO to the facilities to insure that it cannot be sold. That's the info is got anyway...I too got to sit there as my sales manager punched in our first SKY. To borrow a line from the competition... "Oh what a feeling!"
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Okay, not to poop on anyone's parade...but Saturn told us that the first SKY that we order (and we ordered ours the other day) is strictly for showroom use. Test drives and such. I was also told that Saturn was not even releasing the MCO to the facilities to insure that it cannot be sold. That's the info is got anyway...I too got to sit there as my sales manager punched in our first SKY. To borrow a line from the competition... "Oh what a feeling!"
Cheers,
Jill
ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Cheers,
Jill
My dealer first told me what you are saying, but now he says that they had a choice, and they chose to use theirs as a demo.. but who knows.... I just need to get mine , and i know jill you helped me before get some answers, my wife is not doing well and i am concerned about how long this is taking....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Cheers,
Jill
What is MCO?:confused:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saturn Sales....The sky I ordered and was submitted, my dealer asked since mine will be the first that they expect if I will leave it there for them to display for 2 weeks or until the next one comes in, I said sure. The dealership I'am dealing with has multiple units, so I'am not sure if that means anything but they will be getting quite a few because of the amount of staores they own.............:cheers:

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's awesome if you will let them display it for a few weeks! I have no doubt that we will be overwhelmed with test drive requests!

Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
251 Posts
I too am in the same boat! I was the first to order my SKY and they told me that they may need to put it in the showroom for a week or two until they get one they can display or another customer's. I told them that would be okay as long as it isn't scratched (don't believe they will let people sit it in but I am not so sure right now).

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Saturn Sales....The sky I ordered and was submitted, my dealer asked since mine will be the first that they expect if I will leave it there for them to display for 2 weeks or until the next one comes in, I said sure. The dealership I'am dealing with has multiple units, so I'am not sure if that means anything but they will be getting quite a few because of the amount of staores they own.............:cheers:
Funny I believe more people will see and and ask about it if you are driving it around town than it sitting in a showroom, you can tell people about it and where to go to get their own....tell them to give you business cards and when you park it you will leave them under the windshield wiper and people can look at the car and take a card....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well we are hoping for delivery in mid march, and being in IL. It will not bother me really to have it sitting in the Dealership. They did say they would rope it off so no one could sit in it, or lean up against it. The business card Idea is very good I will do that for them.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Well we are hoping for delivery in mid march, and being in IL. It will not bother me really to have it sitting in the Dealership. They did say they would rope it off so no one could sit in it, or lean up against it. The business card Idea is very good I will do that for them.
Did you order an auto or manual?
Chrome or painted wheels?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
brentil said:
Did you order an auto or manual?
Chrome or painted wheels?
Manual and Chrome wheels...Black car, Black top...Black and red leather interior.....6 cd changer Monsoon system, Etc........:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Manual and Chrome wheels...Black car, Black top...Black and red leather interior.....6 cd changer Monsoon system, Etc........:D
Like your choice of color combinations as this is the combination I was going to go with. have you seen any photographs of a black Sky with the red and black interior? If so where on the web as I would like to take a look at it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have not seen a total pic..But Saturn updated there web site a few days ago I was told and the interior pics are of the Black and red...so that may help you..........:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
As long as oyu don't run into a chrome wheel constraint you should be fine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Have not seen a total pic..But Saturn updated there web site a few days ago I was told and the interior pics are of the Black and red...so that may help you..........:thumbs:
Just checked Saturn .com web site and they have the same images as before. Is there something I missed when I went to the site? They only have the silver exterior showing a red dash,which will not be available..Us old guys need direction

1 - 20 of 31 Posts