Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just joined the site today and am happy to announce that I ordered my SKY this morning, It was very exciting, my dealer punched in the order with my options, and bingo up came Order ID from Saturn. I consider myself very fortunate to get this one because my dealer here in Arlington, TX was allowed only one. I have been a long time customer of this Dealership having bought 8 Saturns, in 9 years with them. I currrently own a 04 L300.3 & 04 VUE. The SKY is my fun vehicle, garaged except when I go out to play. HA
I like my L300 and it is goiong to be my everyday vehicle. I chose Silver Pearl, Red Leather Interior. Black top, Decklid spoileer, Posi-trac, the works.
I am going to haver to relearn the dynamics of rear whell drive again, but that won't be hard, After all I use to own a 60 Triumph TR3, anyone remember them? Would appreciate any input, especially from anyone in Texas.
Ernest

NOTE; THIS THREAD ORIGINALLY POSTED 1/09/06

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congratulations! I'm hoping to hear something soon.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
an order id is not the same thing as a vin

·
Registered
236 Posts
So from what I understand, no one has actually ORDERED their Sky yet. I was told that the only image available is for the dealers demo. Once the customer image is available THEN the actual ordering will take place. If I am wrong ,someone please correct me.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rwood411 said:
So from what I understand, no one has actually ORDERED their Sky yet. I was told that the only image available is for the dealers demo. Once the customer image is available THEN the actual ordering will take place. If I am wrong ,someone please correct me.
I guess it is up to the dealer if they want to use that first image as their demo or not, my dealer says they are going to....

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reference SKY Order

SkyMan 07 said:
I guess it is up to the dealer if they want to use that first image as their demo or not, my dealer says they are going to....
My dealer is one of three in a group. Each dealership in this group was allotted 1 Sky. The image came in as ZMB67 SKY. The General Manager saw it on his sheet Tuesday Morning, I came in we sat down in front of his computer. pulled up ZMB67, it listed the colors, interiors,options. We checked my choices, the first order was kicked back because of non availibility of automatic. Resubmitted with 5 speed, Bing Bang Zip computer read "Order Accepted". We put my name on it, Got an order number. Now every Tues I will check the list for a production date. I understand that the dealer has the option on whether to keep it as Demo or let it go to customer.
Having been a very long time customer, they let me get it. I have bought 8 Saturns starting back in 97 from them. Current vehicles 04 L300.3 & 04 VUE.
The SKY iis my recreation vehicle, It will be used for fun and garaged. I hope maybe that might be useful. Reach for the SKY!!!!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: VIN Number

Angelqute1 said:
And you got a VIN #?
Was told VIN Number will be assigned during manufacture, Notice will be sent to dealer with VIN assigned to my name. Have no clue as to start date, I have all the printouts am keeping all paperwork to document the building of this SKY from start to finish.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ID first / then VIN

usmc said:
an order id is not the same thing as a vin
I agree. However You get the order number first, after they begin building the order, somewhere towards the end they assign a VIN #. The dealer is notifiedof VIN # assigned to my order #. After that completion date then shipping date notifications will be sent. Updates are received every tuesday morning at my dealer, so I will be checking them weekly. The owner of this Saturn group okayed the order, as I have been with them a long time, the other 2 Skys will be demos on his other 2 dealerships. (He has three dealerships, each one was allocated 1 SKY) For info the allocation came up as ZMB67 SKY at the dealership on his computer tues a.m. I dont know if that is the same throughout the system, but that was what got the job done for me. I have copies of all printouts at my desk. I want to totally document the history of this SKY from the git go. ERNEST
Arlington, TEXAS

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
....I have bought 8 Saturns starting back in 97 from them....!!
8, eight, ait! Saturns in that short of time? Geeezzz, I have had only 3 since 94 and thought that was a lot. You must trade in those babies with about 10,000 miles on them (that is of course if you are the only driver). Heck, darn, Hell I drive them into the ground and they are still in good shape after 80,000 miles....Wow, you must really like Saturns

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
8 Saturns in 9 years? 80,000 miles? Well... bravo on your turnover gentlemen. I however have a much different claim as a Saturn lover.

My first car, my only car, the car that ellicits jokes from the dealer everytime I bring her back is my 150,000 mile 1994 SC2. I hate to see the poor girl go but I think the dealer gave me priority for a Sky because he feels so bad for me (or maybe he knows I'll love it as much as my SC2).

As for the SC2: The internal panels are held in with legal clips, the seats have been replaced, the caps on the engine are from gatorade bottles, the key is broke off in the ignition (you need only a penny to start it) and the airbag can sing to me -- but man, that car has held up! (Though it can be tough to hop out of it in front of a nice hotel and they ask to park the car and you have to explain why there is no key).

Either way, no car has ever been able to catch me "cheating" on my SC2 'till the Sky. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eldeeko said:
8, eight, ait! Saturns in that short of time? Geeezzz, I have had only 3 since 94 and thought that was a lot. You must trade in those babies with about 10,000 miles on them (that is of course if you are the only driver). Heck, darn, Hell I drive them into the ground and they are still in good shape after 80,000 miles....Wow, you must really like Saturns
Yes I do the count includes my 3 children and 1 grandchild. I say I owned them bexause I loaned them the money and held the titles till payoff. My first was a 97 SL2, the latest, the SKY. They are rugged dependable cars for sure,

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a '95 SC2 and I love mine too and still think it is a sharp looking car. It has held up very well, but it only has about 73,500 miles on it. My only major expense was recently having to replace the cables to the gear shift. I am keeping her as my other car.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Yes I do the count includes my 3 children and 1 grandchild. I say I owned them bexause I loaned them the money and held the titles till payoff. My first was a 97 SL2, the latest, the SKY. They are rugged dependable cars for sure,
Ernest! You must be an old Fart like me. I forgot to count my kids and grandkids. I can't believe my oldest grandkid is 24 and the youngest is 2. This Sky is my change-of-life baby (If I ever get it)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GRinLR said:
I have a '95 SC2 and I love mine too and still think it is a sharp looking car. It has held up very well, but it only has about 73,500 miles on it. My only major expense was recently having to replace the cables to the gear shift. I am keeping her as my other car.
:D I got a 97 SC2 -- that'll be my "other" car...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here You Go Folks

Ernest said:
Just joined the site today and am happy to announce that I ordered my SKY this morning, It was very exciting, my dealer punched in the order with my options, and bingo up came Order ID from Saturn. I consider myself very fortunate to get this one because my dealer here in Arlington, TX was allowed only one. I have been a long time customer of this Dealership having bought 8 Saturns, in 9 years with them. I currrently own a 04 L300.3 & 04 VUE. The SKY is my fun vehicle, garaged except when I go out to play. HA
I like my L300 and it is goiong to be my everyday vehicle. I chose Silver Pearl, Red Leather Interior. Black top, Decklid spoileer, Posi-trac, the works.
I am going to haver to relearn the dynamics of rear whell drive again, but that won't be hard, After all I use to own a 60 Triumph TR3, anyone remember them? Would appreciate any input, especially from anyone in Texas.
Ernest
Now there is a NEWBIE if I ever seen one:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs: Enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts