Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Kappashere clear bra. Does anyone have any experience with DIY installation? They have an installer that will come to your house in install it for $340. Just wanted to know if it was worth the money. Also curious, if you have a clear bra, did you get the headlights covered? If so, how does it look?

·
Registered
188 Posts
CLear Bra

I'll be taking mine into a shop I was worried about dust etc getting in the bra :willy: i did so much research on this my head is still spinining i'm not sch'd yet next wk when are you having yours done? post pics. I plan on having the hood, front bumper, mirriors, and back where the splash guards go wish i could do the whole car! PM me if you want to trade info.

Nella

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the upper bumper, hood and mirrors, and lower bumper. That was $465. I was debating on getting the headlight kit. I should receive it by next week and have it installed next weekend. Any info you have would be great since you've done so much research.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
moni6 said:
...clear bra. Does anyone have any experience with DIY installation?
Dont know much about installation, but in the college years I was an expert at removing them. I had this quick finger movement trick down-pat and could unhook them in 2.3 seconds on average.

Ooh... ooh ohh... you mean for a car.

(Aahh come on... ya all were thinking it too... :lol: )

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ahnuld said:
Dont know much about installation, but in the college years I was an expert at removing them. I had this quick finger movement trick down-pat and could unhook them in 2.3 seconds on average.

Ooh... ooh ohh... you mean for a car.

(Aahh come on... ya all were thinking it too... :lol: )
:lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny!!!
Theresa

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm thinking of investing in the same. :thumbs: They make the DIY install look easy online but I don't think that I would chance it...better off going to a "detailing center" and letting a professional who has done this before do it. I might contemplate trying to do the headlights and mirrors myself but that's about it. It's adds up to a pretty expensive package afterall the sections are ordered and then add on installation...but if it works and doesn't yellow like they say, then it's worth every penny! I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has this on their Sky.

·
Registered
73 Posts
kinda expensive for learning curve.... imo
..pay proffessional is the only advice i have seen repeatedly...... even if you were realistically good for beginner...you'd be living with wrinkles or bubbles a longgggggg time - i'd only try if i had some experience.......i believe like window tint - prolly best left to an expert

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had mine installed at the dealer when I bought her, and let me tell you, I can see where it has saved my paint.

·
Registered
144 Posts
How noticable is it? Would love to see some pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
scbulldog said:
How noticable is it? Would love to see some pics. Thanks.
Heres what I showed another member who wanted to see it
clear bra 1.jpg
clear bra.jpg
The "white spots" you see have nothing to do with the car, it was a very sunny day and thats just a reflection off the car.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
They look fine -- I am worried about 2 years from now.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I believe if you go right to 3m's web site it will put your mind at ease...:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I believe if you go right to 3m's web site it will put your mind at ease...:thumbs:
Went there -- can't say I'm any more at ease...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Then the best I can tell you is to talk to whom ever is going to install it about their warrenty.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I am waiting on the cleartastic product to come out

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Then the best I can tell you is to talk to whom ever is going to install it about their warrenty.
The problems with warrenties is that they only tell what will happen WHEN something goes wrong.
These clear coats will scratch, peal etc -- and they will fix it (or try to).... I just want to see/hear from people who have had it for 2 years. To spend nearly $1,000 to PERHAPS protect the paint from chips but PERHAPS expose it to uneven fade or additional maintenance.

I don't even like the clear coat they put on the trunk lid -- I can see it from quite far away.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Can you and do you still "clay" your car if you have the invisible bra installed? Wash & wax as normal???? And agirltrucker, what do you mean when you say that you can "see" where it saved your paint???? Are there marks?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I dearly wish one existed for my car when I got it. After 12k miles I've got so many little pings and such. :cuss:

I'm going to get one for the GXP for sure.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
DARZSKY said:
And agirltrucker, what do you mean when you say that you can "see" where it saved your paint???? Are there marks?
Yes, there are a few small marks in the plastic that I know would have been hit my paint...:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts