Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in to Saturn of Clarence today and ordered up my Redline. They didn't know the final details including pricing but I decided to take the chance and put down my deposit. Assuming the price doesn't jump up 10 grand or anything they said to expect delivery around the beginning of November. Hopefully we'll have some nice 70º fall days here in NY around that time (yea right). Apparently they are unable to enter it into the computer yet but I have a deposit slip and filled out my paperwork so I am hoping that everything will go smoothly. They said before they enter the order in in a couple weeks they will give me a call.

The only options I was offered was the radio but once they get the final paperwork in I'm assuming they'll have more but I went for the overpriced underpowered 6 disc cd changer. White with red and black interior leathers is my choice for color and interior with black as my second choice. I really wish I could find someone with that color choice or at least the black with red leather. Everyone likes the tan it seems. I don't get it.

Anyway just thought I'd say hi.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Order Number

If they entered it into GM workbench they could give you an order today.

This week I called my salesman and he said they were still not taking orders that they didn't even know the colors and options. I went out to the GM site and sure enough on dealer world all of the info is there and posted for all to see. I went to the dealer today and asked him to his face if they still didn't know anything to which he said no they still don't. I laid a copy of the Dealer world info on the desk. He just hemmed and hawed and 5 minutes later they said I would be dealing with someone else. They then and only then entered my order in to GM workbench system.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blue Sky said:

This week I called my salesman and he said they were still not taking orders that they didn't even know the colors and options. I went out to the GM site and sure enough on dealer world all of the info is there and posted for all to see. I went to the dealer today and asked him to his face if they still didn't know anything to which he said no they still don't. I laid a copy of the Dealer world info on the desk. He just hemmed and hawed and 5 minutes later they said I would be dealing with someone else. They then and only then entered my order in to GM workbench system.
Really? Could you link me to more information on this so I can do the same?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer actually gave me a copy of everything in the 'print book' option on this site but insisted that they couldn't finalize an order for a few weeks... I guess I'll go back and pressure them for a prelim order number just so I have something on paper ;)

It's kind of annoying that they're taking deposits, filling out buy orders and preliminary orders yet do not yet have pricing or final options out yet. Good ol GM up to their old tricks again :rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Blue Sky said:

What exactly did they mean by saying that you would be dealing with someone else? Did they get upset at you for knowing more than them, and then calling them on it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
:thumbs:
Inwo said:
The dealer actually gave me a copy of everything in the 'print book' option on this site but insisted that they couldn't finalize an order for a few weeks... I guess I'll go back and pressure them for a prelim order number just so I have something on paper ;)

It's kind of annoying that they're taking deposits, filling out buy orders and preliminary orders yet do not yet have pricing or final options out yet. Good ol GM up to their old tricks again :rolleyes:
You are correct, prices have not been announced but no one is forced to place an order till they are. However, most people have a pretty good idea of what the range will be. I believe options have been announced according to the online ordering guide that's been out a couple of weeks. People are trying to be first in line by getting dealers to accept a deposit. That's an individual's choice. It's not the dealers fault or GM. If it was not a hot commodity no one would be trying to place an order this early in the game. Dont fool yourself, a preliminary order number by itself does not guarantee a place in line. When the dealer tells you they can't finalyze an order, what does he mean? :confused: Those 6 alpha numeric order numbers you read about are just a way to reference a particular order. They dont mean a whole lot till they get picked up and then you still can be faced with constraints that can put your order on hold.
An order number is just a number unless it gives you a measure of security. I ordered and recieved my Sky without one. I just had a lot of confidence in my dealer.:thumbs:
:cheers:

·
Registered
746 Posts
drbob said:
What exactly did they mean by saying that you would be dealing with someone else? Did they get upset at you for knowing more than them, and then calling them on it?
It would seem so. The original salesman was actually not very nice once I showed him that info. It appears they knew they could give me an order number but did not want to for some reason.

I am curious to know if taking that order hurst their allocation for regular Skys that will ship sooner than my redline. I am their first redline order.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure who you are all dealing with ordered my RL on 6/7..Got my preliminary number after it was put into the computer, and ordered my options...Just like my Sky.....My dealer has been the best thry my sky and now thru my RL so far..............pphjj

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Confidence? In a GM dealer? :eek:

I suppose you're right though. The salesman told me that since I was the only one in the area who has ordered a Redline that I was going to most likely be the first one who received it. Maybe I should just change my order to order black/black so I can be just about guaranteed to be one of the first in the nation to receive it? :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.