Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be a very hard 6-7months waiting for delivery!!!! Cant Wait!!!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congrats!!!

skybuy said:
Congrats on joining us crazyies that had to put a deposit on a car that we won't see for awhile. :willy: :lol: :banghead:

I'm planing my trip in nov to go see the sky at a car show in tampa (I REALLY hope its there!!!)

·
Registered
17,841 Posts
What is the procedure in placing a deposit on a car that is not seen? I realize that everyone is happy to accept your money....but do u choose a color now. Any help would be appreciated...and what about final pricing, accessories, etc?

·
Registered
750 Posts
you pretty much just walk in to a saturn dealership and say hey I wanna put a deposit on a sky. depends on the dealership what happens after that.
I hear at some fairies come a wisk you away to la la land. no seriously All I did was go to a dealership and give em my money, they said they would contact me when they hear that we can make our decision on options.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
same here. I put down a deposit (mine was 500) they gave me a receipt and thats it until further notice. What it did for me at my dealership is bought me the #2 spot so I am entitled to the 2nd Sky that that particular dealership gets. I heard some dealerships want 1000 bucks for a deposit but I'm not sure if thats fact or fiction.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Deposit

usmc said:
same here. I put down a deposit (mine was 500) they gave me a receipt and thats it until further notice. What it did for me at my dealership is bought me the #2 spot so I am entitled to the 2nd Sky that that particular dealership gets. I heard some dealerships want 1000 bucks for a deposit but I'm not sure if thats fact or fiction.
I put down $1,000 and I am third in the queue according to the paperwork. The refund is fully refundable. So, I get the 3rd Sky to arrive unless those ahead of me reject the car for any reason, like color or change of heart.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deposit

yeah, all you get is a reciept for the $500 deposit. the dealer did take down my color prefs, but with the sky standard stuff you really dont need to worry about options.

the waiting will be the hardest part....

·
Registered
17,841 Posts
Can a dealer tack on a Premium, after u give him a deposit; the car arrives...u see the sticker price. Can the dealer tack on a Premium? If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
seems like most think that saturn will not be adding a premium based on what they stand for. I tend to think they won't either but from what I understand they can if they want (dealerships sell their cars as they see fit.)
some pontiac dealerships are on the Sol --

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
marlboromike said:
Can a dealer tack on a Premium, after u give him a deposit; the car arrives...u see the sticker price. Can the dealer tack on a Premium? If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate it.
do like most do and on your contract have it written in and signed by the sales manager, to be sold at MSRP or less. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes

I just visited my local saturn dealership, and had put a deposit down on a sky a month ago (100 dollars). Went there today and my salesmen assured me I would get one....I asked him what number I was on the list and he stated that he didn't know but, getting one will not be a problem. I live up in minnesota so the demand for this car might not be as high since it is sooo cold up here. I drive a 2001 eclipse, and am thinking of keeping it and driving it in the winter.....and my color of choice right now is midnight blue...... :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I talked to my dealer and asked if I could order or if I could make a deposit she said there was no possible way to take orders yet...why are some dealerships taking orders and others aren't? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skys_the_limit said:
When I talked to my dealer and asked if I could order or if I could make a deposit she said there was no possible way to take orders yet...why are some dealerships taking orders and others aren't? :confused:
There are no dealers taking real orders, real orders involve the GM order system for the car be in place. Dealers are currently takinig wait list/pre-orders. These are just presales before the car is orderable. Some dealers are just not taking orders now. You need to say the right things to your dealer. You want to get on their waiting list or start a pre-order list.

·
Registered
328 Posts
brentil said:
There are no dealers taking real orders, real orders involve the GM order system for the car be in place. Dealers are currently takinig wait list/pre-orders. These are just presales before the car is orderable. Some dealers are just not taking orders now. You need to say the right things to your dealer. You want to get on their waiting list or start a pre-order list.
That is exactly what my Sky dealer told me and said that he wasn't even taking deposits. He told me that they put me on their wait list and when the allocations came out he would contact my family back home. I am glad that he was being honest, instead of asking for money and maybe not even having enough allocations to fill my order.
I have already "danced to that tune", as my forum name hints to. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
classic66vair said:
do like most do and on your contract have it written in and signed by the sales manager, to be sold at MSRP or less. :)
so, like, what do you say? you can't really demand that, can you? "I want it in writing that your not gonna screw me over with dealer premiums after i give you my deposit!"

"I'm sorry sir, you have to leave now... good luck finding a sky somewhere else"

so what do you say?? lol

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
101jinx101 said:
so, like, what do you say? you can't really demand that, can you? "I want it in writing that your not gonna screw me over with dealer premiums after i give you my deposit!"

"I'm sorry sir, you have to leave now... good luck finding a sky somewhere else"

so what do you say?? lol
You go somewhere else then. If they wont give you MSRP in writing then get up and leave. Users who do not garuntee their car in MSRP and get ripped off later have absolutely no right to whine about it later in my opinion. Any post I find later on with "my dealer ripped me off" "did you get it in wriiting?" "no" will recieve the following canned answer from me.

brentil said:
:brentil:
boo-hoo

·
Registered
328 Posts
brentil said:
You go somewhere else then. If they wont give you MSRP in writing then get up and leave. Users who do not garuntee their car in MSRP and get ripped off later have absolutely no right to whine about it later in my opinion. Any post I find later on with "my dealer ripped me off" "did you get it in wriiting?" "no" will recieve the following canned answer from me.
:cheers:

Many of the Sol guys are wishing that they had it in writing. :eek:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
I agree 100 percent
I just saw a Saturn commercial on TV and they are still touting the no haggle pricing... My dealer (not the salesman)put it in writing when I asked him if he would write in the contract to be sold at MSRP or less, he said Sure, No problem....wrote it in and signed it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
skybuy said:
Welcome to our little club. And if waiting all that time doesn't kill you think about this, we put down our money and really have nothing. Just a promise! If the dealer doesn't get as many allocations as he is estimating we don't get a car. We just get our money back and a big I'M SORRY! :brentil: Maybe next year Kid. :mad:

Now on that happy note, I think I'll go tell some kiddies that Santa was killed and that Rudolf was put down by the SPCA! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I went in to put my deposit down, the dealer said that I could check my preferences as far as options available at that time. When more info is available, I can update my option preferences as I choose. The sales manager told me that they had no plans for any kind of "Market Adjustments". With my being #4 on the list, I`m gauranteed one of the first cars allocated to that dealer, as long as it`s what I want.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts