Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting closer. My dealer called and I placed the order. I was #4 on the list but 2 customers ahead of me wanted automatic so I jumped up to #2 which I wasn't going to complain!

The verdict is.......................

Sunburst Yellow (Took a lot of debating between this and Graphite)
18" chrome
LSD
Monsoon 1 CD MP3 upgrade
Premium trim
No Spoiler

I was set on the spoiler until I saw the one in person the other day. Not that I think the spoiler is going to look bad, but the one I saw didn't have one and it looked just fine. The spoiler is something you can always add later on most cars and I'm sure this won't be an exception to that rule. So I took the plunge and ordered a yellow car. I've never owned a yellow car and am excited. I think it looks great with the black top. I guess we're talking about a 60 day lead time :willy:

Jester

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
MrJester said:
I'm getting closer. My dealer called and I placed the order. I was #4 on the list but 2 customers ahead of me wanted automatic so I jumped up to #2 which I wasn't going to complain!

The verdict is.......................

Sunburst Yellow (Took a lot of debating between this and Graphite)
18" chrome
LSD
Monsoon 1 CD MP3 upgrade
Premium trim
No Spoiler

I was set on the spoiler until I saw the one in person the other day. Not that I think the spoiler is going to look bad, but the one I saw didn't have one and it looked just fine. The spoiler is something you can always add later on most cars and I'm sure this won't be an exception to that rule. So I took the plunge and ordered a yellow car. I've never owned a yellow car and am excited. I think it looks great with the black top. I guess we're talking about a 60 day lead time :willy:

Jester
as with any option It will cost 3 times as much if you add it later... just look at the price for one as a dealer installed option compared to the factory one. then you also have to pay for painting and installation.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
as with any option It will cost 3 times as much if you add it later... just look at the price for one as a dealer installed option compared to the factory one. then you also have to pay for painting and installation.
On the other side of that coin -- Installing it now (before we really know how good it can look) will lock you in to keeping it in the sense that installing it will place relatively permenant holes in the trunk lid.

I however, by taking a risk on buying a car I never drove before, figured I might as well take a risk on the spoiler too. We shall see how I feel when I see it in person.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
The spoiler will do little to affect the handling and just wait until you try to clean/polish around it! I have a luggage rack on my '71 Vette, and I pretty much curse it each time I have to wash and polish the car! :mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen a picture of an after market one I actually like better. If I decide to go with a spoiler, I will probably order one of those. Either way, it still looks good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts