Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my deposit for the sky back in the begining of march. I was listed at number 8 but some peope backed out and plus I was only one with manual listed. So I was bumped up to number 3. Last week the dealership called and asked me to come in to place the order. I got the black on black/tan combo and last fri they called in to the factory to begin building my car. Was i supposed to get an image number or a vin number or something? I'm lost with all these numbers. Is there a way to track my car and if so how.
Please help I'm going crazy here.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
If your order was placed by the GM at your dealer you should have recived an order number like GFW484 (mine) and from this point on your name and number will show up on the status report. Your order will start with a code of "25" (like order submited) then in around 5-8 days it will move to "30" (like order accepted) and sume times at 30 you will get a TPW that is the date it sshould start production, but this will not always happon. Next 33 being built and a VIN will be assigned, then 38 built, 40 released to shipper, 50 at dealer any way you could jump from 30 to 40 in weeks or sit a 30 for weeks now you just waite......SEAL9

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
020 - Order Accepted
025 - Selected for Approval
026 - Sent to POMS (Product Order Management System)
030 - Received at POMS (Accepted by the Assembly Plant) This is when you will receive the TPW (Tentative Production Week)
033 - Sequenced & VIN Assigned
038 - Produced (Vehicle Built)
040 - Released to Carrier (Ready for Pick-Up by Transportation)
041 - Invoiced (Dealer receives the actual invoice for the vehicle)
042 - Shipped (On the truck on the way to the intended store)
050 - Received by Dealer

I hope this helps :thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
lawdog6153 said:
Please help I'm going crazy here.
As we say..."Welcome to the Asylum!!:willy: " This car does make you certifiable...OCD...spending long nights at the keyboard, watching others get their Skys, drooling, all kinds of bad habits:lol: But the car is worth it!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

u guys freakin rock thanks for all the info. if u guys are every in md give me a shout out lets drive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts