Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know when the dealers will actually take the order? is there a date???

I need to know who to bribe....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I stopped at my dealer yesterday. They still claim to know NOTHING! I've been bothering these guys weekly (sometimes daily) since February. They've had my money since April. If production is really going to begin in January (yeah right), don't you think Saturn would want SOME idea what to build???

Hey you Saturn corporate guys (I know you read this stuff) TAKE OUR ORDERS!

Even if production and delivery dates are pushed back, think how much better WE would all feel, and how much REAL INTEREST you could document with hard orders and real cash...

·
Registered
554 Posts
skybuy said:
does anyone know when the dealers will acutally take the order? is there a date???

I need to know who to bribe....

Received a flyer in the mail from my local Saturn dealer saying that ordering will begin soon. If I had to guess, it should begin in the first half of January as the NAIAS is schedule to begin then.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Order date given

My dealer, who has taken 10 deposits as of September, has invited the 10 who placed deposits to their dealership for a buffet dinner on Thursday, January 5th at which time they informed me they will have prices and can write the order. They will do a reverse drawing to determine order sequence. I am hoping they draw my number last. All 5 Cincinnati dealers are selling the Sky at MSRP.

·
Registered
110 Posts
skyfan said:
My dealer, who has taken 10 deposits as of September, has invited the 10 who placed deposits to their dealership for a buffet dinner on Thursday, January 5th at which time they informed me they will have prices and can write the order. They will do a reverse drawing to determine order sequence. I am hoping they draw my number last. All 5 Cincinnati dealers are selling the Sky at MSRP.

I am not liking the lottery aspect of this. I'm very surprised they do not place orders based on first come first served, meaning the first person who placed their deposit gets the first car. I suppose I'd be more amenable if I was not number one, but fair is fair.

·
Registered
149 Posts
skyfan said:

Your dealer is so much cooler then mine. I get the feeling mine is just annoyed with me and I have only contated hime like 4 times since August. Lucky guys

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SATN SKY said:
I am not liking the lottery aspect of this. I'm very surprised they do not place orders based on first come first served, meaning the first person who placed their deposit gets the first car. I suppose I'd be more amenable if I was not number one, but fair is fair.
My dealer told me that it was first come first served, and they will take the orders in order of the deposit that was made...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Delnari said:
Received a flyer in the mail from my local Saturn dealer saying that ordering will begin soon. If I had to guess, it should begin in the first half of January as the NAIAS is schedule to begin then.
Has anyone heard how many of the first Sky generation will be produce?
GM reported earlier only 20,000 to 30,000 Skys and Solstices a year.
I’m thinking, since it will be built on a Kappa Platform and the first series, it looks like a keeper!
Every time I see the Sky it reminds me of my childhood dream car, 1965 Corvette Sting Ray with a 327. “zweet” :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I placed my order on Saturday.

I am from British Columbia & my dealer phoned me last Saturday asking me to come down to place my order. I moved from #5 to #3 on the list. He went over all the options & colors. Took the dark blue with chrome wheels & black leather interior. Even offered a spoiler option. He said that I had 3 weeks to make any changes. The car may be available as early as March.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The Sky has the advantage of being a 2007 model, so production will run through July of 2007 for the first model year. I would expect to see 12,000 units built during 2006, and another 8,000 units in 1st half of 2007.

Important to remember that only about 1000 Sky Redlines will be produced as 2007 models, only one per dealership guaranteed. If you really want a 2007 Sky Redline you may have to wheel and deal to get one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Deposit on a SKY,,,in my dreams

We're west of San Antonio and feel pretty out of touch on the whole SKY situation. I had emailed Saturn of San Antonio months ago with no followup other than a link to the Saturn website. Then we were in for service on our Vue 3 weeks ago and all we were told was an important announcement was coming and they would call us afterwards. The salesperson told my husband and I that they were not taking orders but that announcement should tell them something. To this day we have heard nothing.

I envy all of you that have deposits in, as I can see the wait is getting longer on this end just to get on a list let alone take possession of a SKY.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'll be content to get a SKY period...

·
Registered
357 Posts
bumsky2 said:
I envy all of you that have deposits in, as I can see the wait is getting longer on this end just to get on a list let alone take possession of a SKY.
Don't worry, I'm over in New Jersey and my local Saturn dealer isn't taking deposits either. I originally spoke with the salesperson back in May; follow-up visit in August with the same salesperson, and just spoke with the Sales Manager at the end of November. All three times I offered a deposit - they wouldn;t accept. Manager said it will be "first come, first served". He knows I'm really into the car, so he promised me a personal e-mail from him before the salespeople are told to make their calls! :willy:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Something to think about.
The problem with Delphi comes to mind, with Delphi suppling most of GM parts, will this hamper Saturn production, I have no idea where Saturn gets its parts but I would think from Delphi. :eek:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ZKY said:
Has anyone heard how many of the first Sky generation will be produce?
GM reported earlier only 20,000 to 30,000 Skys and Solstices a year.
I’m thinking, since it will be built on a Kappa Platform and the first series, it looks like a keeper!
Every time I see the Sky it reminds me of my childhood dream car, 1965 Corvette Sting Ray with a 327. “zweet” :D
thats wild because I used to own a 65 sting ray roadster with a 325 Hp 327... and that is why I am getting a Sky because it reminds me of it...
by the way I keep seeing the Sky redline as a 2007 model, I have not heard anything official about that, I do know pontiac announced the GXP was going to be a 2007, but that does not mean that the redline sky will be....

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
thats wild because I used to own a 65 sting ray roadster with a 325 Hp 327... and that is why I am getting a Sky because it reminds me of it...
by the way I keep seeing the Sky redline as a 2007 model, I have not heard anything official about that, I do know pontiac announced the GXP was going to be a 2007, but that does not mean that the redline sky will be....
The initial Sky will be launched as a 2007 model, so the Redline will be also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
bcboy said:
I am from British Columbia & my dealer phoned me last Saturday asking me to come down to place my order. I moved from #5 to #3 on the list. He went over all the options & colors. Took the dark blue with chrome wheels & black leather interior. Even offered a spoiler option. He said that I had 3 weeks to make any changes. The car may be available as early as March.

I found this post quite interesting. On the one hand, a dealer has actually accepted an order (wish mine did). On the other hand, the dealer indicated a 3 week window. I suspect this is because he (the dealer) believes he will be in a position to place the order with Saturn in 3 weeks. I hope that rings true for all the dealerships.

God job dude. You may be the first here to be able to say "I ordered a SKY".

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Delnari said:
The initial Sky will be launched as a 2007 model, so the Redline will be also.
are you just assuming that the redline sky will come out the same time as the solstice gxp? Or do you have inside info? Like I said I have seen the pontiac announcement but nothing from saturn on the redline sky...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Due to marketing strategy I believe Saturn will not announce anything on the rumored Sky Redline until the first 6 month allocation of regular Sky's is close to delivery. I'm sure they don't want Sky hopefuls to not get the regular Sky hoping to get a Redline too soon. :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
Due to marketing strategy I believe Saturn will not announce anything on the rumored Sky Redline until the first 6 month allocation of regular Sky's is close to delivery. I'm sure they don't want Sky hopefuls to not get the regular Sky hoping to get a Redline too soon. :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
Supposedly it will be announced at NAIAS, not before though.

Damage is done, people who want a Kappa with a Turbo have a choice, the GXP. If GM does not annouce the SKY Redline it can only hurt sales of it as people will have to choose between the SKY Styling or the Solstice GXP's power. I bet people will start wanting to order the GXP by the end of January.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts