Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of conjecture and cursing and hollering we found out two days ago that our 1st SKY was shipped via rail and not via truck :eek: then we find out yesterday that it has been sitting at the local railyard for 5 days just waiting for transportation to pick it up and bring it to us. :mad: Since they get paid more the longest distance they go and we are about 15 minutes away from the railyard, ours just sat there until the General Sales Manager raised some mayor hell with Saturn, GM and the transportation company and they finally delivered to us yesterday afternoon. :rolleyes:

What a beauty!!! :cheers: Even though I have already seen a Silver Pearl before, this one just feels different. Everything looks so good. :cheers: Fit & finish seems awesome and I could not find anything I didn't like. :thumbs: My only gripe is that, since I'm 6'3" I can't tilt the wheel high enough to be able to see all of the gages. I'm sure that would not be much of an issue is this was my SKY. Also, seems like big guys and gals, especially those with long legs, will be more comfortable with the Auto Tranny because there will be no need to clutch it; :willy: even though I feel I have enough leg room, I can see how having a Manual tranny would not be ideal for me or someone as big as I am. As I said I'm 6'3", 330 pounds, 32" inseam and a 45" waist (I'm BIG BONE :lol: ), I feel I can drive this car pretty comfortably so I think my name will be on the RedLine list pretty soon!!!

I took some pics, I will attach some here and some more on following messages...

Enjoy!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems like I can't attach any pictures... :banghead: :mad: :nono: :brentil: :eek:

Don't know why!!!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
My fiance' had the same gripe about the steering wheel - it should be moveable, but isn't. One of those telescopic ones would have been nice!!! He is also 6'3" - 34 inch inseam - but the Sky will mainly be my car. Can't wait to see the pictures you post.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow awesome news! Can you supply us with last few of VIN please? Just want to see where this one falls in production. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tiger20005 said:
Wow awesome news! Can you supply us with last few of VIN please? Just want to see where this one falls in production. Thanks...
7y100391 are the last eight!!!

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
works4me33 said:
Where are you located and what color interior does it have?
Already SOLD of course!!! :cheers: Being delivered to it's owner today at 4PM.

Silver Pearl, Black Leather, Chrome Wheels, Monsoon CD/MP3, LSD, AUTOMATIC.

Regards,

·
Registered
326 Posts
Charlotte Demo's "missing" also

Sky Dealer said:
After a lot of conjecture and cursing and hollering we found out two days ago that our 1st SKY was shipped via rail and not via truck :eek: then we find out yesterday that it has been sitting at the local railyard for 5 days just waiting for transportation to pick it up and bring it to us. :mad: Since they get paid more the longest distance they go and we are about 15 minutes away from the railyard, ours just sat there until the General Sales Manager raised some mayor hell with Saturn, GM and the transportation company and they finally delivered to us yesterday afternoon. :
The Charlotte NC/Concord NC stores don't have their demo's either. The GM told me a week ago that Saturn was already charging them floor space & their demo for each dealership shows "delivered" on the printout. OMG!! :nono: So WHY can't the dealer just go and DRIVE the SKY's the last mile or two from the yard??

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because if anything happens to the vehicle in-transit, the responsibility falls on the transportation company, that's why they would not let the dealer go get it. :banghead:

Regards,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts