Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I just got a call from my salesguy who reported that there will not be any more orders taken/filled for cars that have the painted alloys (basic wheels). He said that I can upgrade to the polished and still have my approximate order/delivery dates (which puts Sky in my driveway in Nov...or so) but that if I really want to keep the painted alloys, that they won't begin taking those orders until November....putting off delivery again.

Anybody know anything?:confused:

Carlie

·
Registered
102 Posts
Painted Wheels

If that's true, does it apply to orders which have already been "accepted"? My order is at 3100, so do I need to get with my sales guy and tell him I'll be happy to upgrade? Or do I leave it alone?

Silver Pearl
Black/Red Leather
Manual
6-Disk Monsoon
Painted Wheels

Waiting in Birmingham, AL

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
N87 - Painted Wheels - 0 Available Nationally (0%)

That is from the last constraint report from end of august to beginning of september.

IMO go with the chrome if you can afford it.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
blueskygal said:
Hi everyone,
I just got a call from my salesguy who reported that there will not be any more orders taken/filled for cars that have the painted alloys (basic wheels). He said that I can upgrade to the polished and still have my approximate order/delivery dates (which puts Sky in my driveway in Nov...or so) but that if I really want to keep the painted alloys, that they won't begin taking those orders until November....putting off delivery again.

Carlie
When I ordered chrome was not available. Get the chrome. If you don't like em, I'll drive over from Alabama and trade with you.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I got a call from my GM this afternoon. My car is scheduled for production "any day", and there is currently a constraint on the painted wheels. I could either upgrade to the polished/chrome, or push off delivery until at least November.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Personally, I think the chrome is MUCH nicer than the painted, although I do understand it's a good bit of extra change. If money is the issue, you'll have to decide, but if it's looks you are concerned about, grab the chrome! :cheers:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I called my salesman today. He checked with the sales manager and said that they have not even been notified of a delay on the painted wheels. I find that difficult to believe if they looked at the constraint report from last week.

He indicated to me that even if there is a delay, they don't expect it to be a lengthy one and that it should not impact the delivery of my car at all.

BUT...

I am still number 7 on my dealership's waiting list, so i am still 2-3 months away from my order even being imaged. A lot can happen between now and then.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
blueskygal said:
Hi everyone,

Carlie
YES!!! We received an e-mail from our Saturn Regional Manager that stated basically what you said.

Orders that were picked up a few weeks ago with Painted Wheels where switched from "In System" to "Placed" so that Retailers could have the chance to contact the customer and tell them that, if they want to keep their choice of Painted Wheels their order would NOT be built until NOVEMBER. If they want to pay for the upgraded Polished Wheel or the Chrome Wheels, then their order would keep the original TPW and would be built on schedule. Customers have until Saturday to change their orders or else IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO CHANGE IT!!!

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GaryH said:
When I ordered chrome was not available. Get the chrome. If you don't like em, I'll drive over from Alabama and trade with you.
Hey - you might have a deal - personally, on my color scheme, I like the painted better. Not until Nov, tho - and even that is a maybe. Keep this idea in mind!
carlie

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SKY Spy said:
YES!!! We received an e-mail from our Saturn Regional Manager that stated basically what you said.

Orders that were picked up a few weeks ago with Painted Wheels where switched from "In System" to "Placed" so that Retailers could have the chance to contact the customer and tell them that, if they want to keep their choice of Painted Wheels their order would NOT be built until NOVEMBER. If they want to pay for the upgraded Polished Wheel or the Chrome Wheels, then their order would keep the original TPW and would be built on schedule. Customers have until Saturday to change their orders or else IT WILL BE TOO LATE TO CHANGE IT!!!

Regards,

BA...

Thanks for the clarification. I knew you'd have the news.
Carlie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone actually moved up in line due to any of the existing constraints? We have an auto trans on order, and we were hoping the constraint on the manual may move us forward on the list, but it appears this isn't going to happen.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No Painted Left

Darn it, oh well I guess i'll have to get the chrome since they are making me:lol: :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just called my salesman & he confirmed the constraint on the painted wheels. He automatically upgraded my order to the polished alloy wheels to keep my delivery on schedule & I'm glad he did, I realized after I ordered it that I should have went with the polished wheels, so I'm happy!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just to be sure I email my dealer just now and authorized them to "upgrade" IF it is going to affect delivery date.........early October is ok....Nov is N O T:eek: .

·
Registered
49 Posts
call the dealer at noon and he heard the same thing about the wheels
so i told him change mine to chrome
ps. please saturn no more shortages:willy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you are undecided about the chrome or polished aluminum and cannot afford chrome plate go with the polished aluminum. I originally ordered painted but the dealer got a car in with polished aluminum wheels which I was able to take delivery on and believe me the polished aluminum is nice! They may be a little more maintenance but they look great!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
blueskygal said:
Hey - you might have a deal - personally, on my color scheme, I like the painted better. Not until Nov, tho - and even that is a maybe. Keep this idea in mind!
carlie
Not sure what color you ordered, but I have the Midnight Blue with Chromes and loovvvveee them. Very very easy to clean too...:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
You know about two months ago the chrome was on constraint. Now it is the painted....Skip....make them cars...:lol: :cool: :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
gene21fan said:
call the dealer at noon and he heard the same thing about the wheels
so i told him change mine to chrome
ps. please saturn no more shortages:willy:
hmmm I have been waiting since May for replacement chrome wheels...two of mine were defective...maybe warranty parts ship last?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts