Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I officially cancelled my Sky order.

Canada sure has gotten the shaft on this one. What good is getting a new convertible in the middle of the winter?

Oh well...maybe if I save really hard I'll have enough down payment to get a Mercedes SLK next year. I drove one all weekend and absolutely loved it.

You guys might get the SKYs first...but I am quite sure we'll be getting the Stanley Cup this year!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
We humans can get fairly emotional about thing sometimes, you know Sports, Cars, Sportscars... thats about it. You would'nt abandon your Oilers after a set back! I hope someday to see the North Stars reborn. I think this car will hold value in many ways to true fans. What ever you decide, make Peace with your decision. Good luck and God Bless.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
You have been a great caring member of this forum...I am sorry things did not work out for you...and yes...Saturn did screw up not only in Canada but in the U.S. also. If they couldn't produce the product timely, there should have been a better means of communicating with the public, after all, they depend on us for their livelihood. Anyway, it's been nice having you in our forum. Keep us informed on what u do purchase.
MarlboroMike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to hear....

CdnSkyGuy said:

Canada sure has gotten the shaft on this one. What good is getting a new convertible in the middle of the winter?

Oh well...maybe if I save really hard I'll have enough down payment to get a Mercedes SLK next year. I drove one all weekend and absolutely loved it.

You guys might get the SKYs first...but I am quite sure we'll be getting the Stanley Cup this year!!! :cheers:
Saturn has lost another customer and for some who have dropped out, there goes maybe a GM sale of the future.... I, for one, am 5 months and counting...Good luck on your M.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm also gonna call tomorrow to cancel my order as well.My dealer is total bs.
I test drove a bmw 325 I today and loved it,I will buy it tommorow.This is very very sad.........I've waited so long.......but Canada will always be second after the US:banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
This "halo" car for Saturn could have handled the wait better and with better results. I am sorry.

·
Registered
517 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:

Doggone it, Now I feel so bad I hope the oilers beat carolina. Maybe that will make you feel better!

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
From one Canuck to another

I understand and feel the same way, I am about to do the same thing if I dont here something soon. This is just uncalled for crap.
No wonder GM is going down the tubes

Keep In touch and send pictures when you do get a new toy

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Sorry to hear it, remember we are always here if you change your mind.

·
Registered
55 Posts
out of the game too

I've done it I canceled my sky today.I am very disappointed with my dealer for the lack of service and communication so I purchased a bmw its totally different but its a great car too.I wish u all god luck with your sky and enjoy al of it ! It was great to be part of a bunch of passionate folks like you !

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just put down a deposit at my dealer in Richmond BC for a SKy Redline....... but so far I am not impressed..... it seems they know next to nothing about the car or the ordering process..... i will stick it out for another couple of months or so to see if anything happens....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I am so so so so sad to see you guys cancel your order. I know that the car may be coming in the winter, however, it wont stay winter forever. I know the waiting has been hard, I couldn't handle it either and therefore bought one before my order came in. But it truly is a purchase like no other. Please stay in touch... this form is not run by Saturn OR GM, so we are all just family.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
BCSkyRL said:
i just put down a deposit at my dealer in Richmond BC for a SKy Redline....... but so far I am not impressed..... it seems they know next to nothing about the car or the ordering process..... i will stick it out for another couple of months or so to see if anything happens....
Just remember, they won't be made until the fall...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I've been feeling the same way as well...with a twist. If I know my Sky won't arrive until the fall then I'm canceling my order for a base Sky and ordering a Redline. I've already talked with my dealer. He didn't have anyone on his Redline list. Now I am #1 on that list. Just in case.

I figure it I get my Sky in the fall it will be all but useless to me until next spring. A Sky Redline will come sometime in the winter up here so I'd rather store a Redline than a base model anyway. Since I have suddenly seen movement in my order looks like I may get the base model after all. My wife is already unhappy at the price so the Redline will cause friction anyway.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Patience is a virtue..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
422 Posts
chyno said:
I'm also gonna call tomorrow to cancel my order as well.My dealer is total bs.
I test drove a bmw 325 I today and loved it,I will buy it tommorow.This is very very sad.........I've waited so long.......but Canada will always be second after the US:banghead: :mad:
And Europe only the third :mad: :mad: :mad:

So you Canadians should be lucky at all, in Europe we are being worse off.

Anyway ...
SKYtime said:
Patience is a virtue.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
574 Posts
skyorscooter said:
We humans can get fairly emotional about thing sometimes, you know Sports, Cars, Sportscars... thats about it. You would'nt abandon your Oilers after a set back! I hope someday to see the North Stars reborn. I think this car will hold value in many ways to true fans. What ever you decide, make Peace with your decision. Good luck and God Bless.
Hey what about the Wild?....They didnt suck too bad this year. I'm in south Minneapolis and my sky was ordered may 21 and now in a holding pattern. Contact me if you want to set up any riverruns or Taylors-Stillwater runs. I was told by my dealership a late July early August del.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts