Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to work this AM, my temp indicator on the DIC went to 78F and has stayed there all day. Must be 92 outside now...didn't change at lunch, or with several vehicle starts/stops...even after sitting for several hours. Any idea what the problem might be, or where the RTD is to check for a loose wire? All the other stuff on the DIC is working correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just a shot in the dark but did you try to reset the temperature? I can't remember what buttons on the steering wheel I hit but I was able to reset the trip a/b and also the average speed by hitting one of those buttons. It might work for the temperature as well.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I may have that same problem, it is so hot here that I just figured it overdid itself.:lol: It is so hot the electric meter flew off the house and ran away, muttering something about I quit!!!!:lol: BTW mine stays between 102 -106 until dark.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
My temp says it is goin to quit too. But it just now started to rain a smidgen and I am watchin the steam come offen the road. I even saw a treerat fanning hisself with a piece of Mimosa bush....Skip...:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got in my car leaving work and the temp is reading correctly now....may be a loose connection....any idea where this RTD is or the connection goes...can't locate it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
That's too bad. I was hoping that if you had a way of sticking the outside temperature we'd have our solution to global warming.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I would love to have mine say 78 ALL THE TIME.. and be correct.... let me know if you find a region where this can happen.... and i will move there.... Just kidding.... mine decided to stay at 64 for a few hours... and then all of a sudden... shot up to 89..... i knew i was REALLY hot for some reason...... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Mine is also cracked out. It seems to pick a temp and stay there for hours- same on the way to work, at 10:30 break time, at 2:00 lunch, and going home. The next day it'll change. We'll see what they say when I go in for my first service next week.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
:lol: Well I know for a fact it can go up to 120 cause thats what its been saying here when I leave work. And yes, its been 110+ here...:brentil:
If anyone has any cool weather they would love to send this way, I'll be awaiting...:lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I pushed and held down on the enter button, on the Steering wheel, for a few seconds and it started to work quickly to the correct temperature.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Put me in the me too group.
A few days ago displayed temp stayed at 75 throughout a day full of errands.
By end of day 12 hours later, as I left work it showed 104, now displaying high.
It dropped a degree every dozen or two seconds until settling at 98.
Haven't had the car out since, but will continue to monitor.
(With current 112 & 114 degree days, not too interested in taking _any_ car out.
I'd expect the digital display to show obscenities.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
:lol: funny how mine was also stuck at 78!!!!

I had made a few trips with the kids this morning and eventually noticed the thermometer was still reading 78

I held the 'reset' button for about 5 seconds and I'd say in about 15 seconds... it was crankin' back up.... 78,79,80,:mad: 81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89:mad: ...
It stopped there... not as bad here as you other folks!!!! BUT IT'S COMING!!!!

just wanted to add my $.02 worth for when we get the recall!!:cheers:

Dan

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have not had it stick at a temp but it does look like it reads the last temp that it read before you shut off the car. Then after about 10 seconds or so it begins to go up/down to the right temp....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
I may have that same problem, it is so hot here that I just figured it overdid itself.:lol: It is so hot the electric meter flew off the house and ran away, muttering something about I quit!!!!:lol: BTW mine stays between 102 -106 until dark.
Retired electrician my fanny! That electric meter should have been bypassed a long time ago..ha!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine sticks at whatever temp it went down to in the morning. I drive about 10 miles and it starts working. I don't trust it as I don't know if it is stuck or I am at the correct temperature. I have a scheduled visit (replace front cup holder and cowling and install CAI) with the dealer next week and will report it to them. I'll report back if I hear anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This solves all issues

Subject: Outside Air Temperature Display Operation - keywords Canada cluster DIC inaccurate IPC OAT temp update #PIC3608C - (07/26/2006)

Models: 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

2006-2007 Chevrolet HHR

2007 Pontiac G5

2005-2006 Pontiac Pursuit (Canada Only)

2006-2007 Pontiac Solstice

2007 Saturn Sky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI has been revised to include additional models and years. Please discard PIC3608B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers might complain about the outside temperature display reading is inaccurate at times.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Outside Air Temperature Display Operation

The outside air temperature algorithm uses 3 pieces of information, outside air temperature data, vehicle speed and time the engine was turned off. When the engine is first started, the algorithm looks at how long the engine was off and if the outside temperature is lower than the last reading taken during the previous ignition cycle to determine if a new outside temperature reading should be taken. If the engine was off long enough or the current outside air temperature is cooler than the stored value, a new outside temperature reading is taken and displayed in the cluster. If the engine was not off long enough or the current outside air temperature is higher than the stored value from the previous ignition cycle, then the last stored value (outside air temperature) taken will be displayed. The outside air temperature will continue to be updated every second as long as the outside air temperature is the same or cooler than the previous reading.

Once the new outside air temperature reading exceeds the previous temperature & the vehicle is traveling less than 18 mph, the displayed outside air temperature will remain at its last value. Once the vehicle speed exceeds 18 mph the displayed outside air temperature will be updated. If the speed drops below 18 mph, the outside air temperature will freeze at its last value.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts