Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here:
http://autos.msn.com/research/userreviews/reviewlist.aspx?modelid=12004&trimid=-1

look for the button called "do you own this car" "RATE IT"

and here:

http://www.epinions.com/2007_Saturn_Sky
the "write a review" link is pretty apparent, but is also here:
http://www.epinions.com/content/write.html/tnode_~870499259265

and also here:
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/satu...eviews.html;_ylt=AkEhCAJR5dHpo7pVz_0y1iAljc0F

look for the "write a review" link.

Also - edmunds.com:
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/sat...sumer.html?tid=edmunds.n.crrindex...1.Saturn*

look for the little "rate it" button.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
this so called professional reviwer, did he ever really drive the Sky? I wonder after reading this

This is with the top down. What about with it up? I pull over to make the switch, and find that I cannot get out of the car. The doors lock automatically as soon as the car starts moving. And as long as the pistons are firing the power lock button refuse my repeated orders to unlock them. The key fob will unlock the doors—seems GM’s lawyers aren’t as thorough as they are cautious. But I fail to explore this possibility. So, unwilling to hunt for the manual lock doohickey in the neighborhood of my left ear, I turn the engine off, hit the power lock once more, and lift myself skyward out of the SKY.
Has Anyone found a power lock button he was talking about? and mine unlocks as soon as you turn off the key.... I know it is programmable to where no doors unlock automatically, I still want to know where he found the power door lock button....

·
Registered
22 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
this so called professional reviwer, did he ever really drive the Sky? I wonder after reading this

Has Anyone found a power lock button he was talking about? and mine unlocks as soon as you turn off the key.... I know it is programmable to where no doors unlock automatically, I still want to know where he found the power door lock button....

He was referring to the "post" that is at the top of the door. Before the introduction of power locks, this is how people used to unlock their doors. :D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
TaylorMutts said:
He was referring to the "post" that is at the top of the door. Before the introduction of power locks, this is how people used to unlock their doors. :D
no he wasn't he talks about that manual post later , saying it was beside his ear, he kept saying the Button would not unlock the door... you can pull the post up at any time...

·
Registered
182 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I still want to know where he found the power door lock button....
Was he talking about the unlock button on the remote keyless entry?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
VUETH1S said:
Was he talking about the unlock button on the remote keyless entry?
Nope he says this about that
The key fob will unlock the doors—seems GM’s lawyers aren’t as thorough as they are cautious. But I fail to explore this possibility
and he said this about the manual unlock post
unwilling to hunt for the manual lock doohickey in the neighborhood of my left ear,
he keeps talking a power lock BUTTON!!!
And as long as the pistons are firing the power lock button refuse my repeated orders to unlock them.......I turn the engine off, hit the power lock once more, and lift myself skyward out of the SKY

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:

No power lock button on my baby......... if she is still running, i have to hit the unlock button on the key fob .. once for my door to unlock.. and twice for the passenger door.... hmmmmmm..... a bit too small to reach around and pull up the actual lock.... hehehe.. or maybe i am just lazy.... i do have to say.. that is about the ONLY pain in the butt so far i have found on my baby.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyBaby said:
No power lock button on my baby......... if she is still running, i have to hit the unlock button on the key fob .. once for my door to unlock.. and twice for the passenger door.... hmmmmmm..... a bit too small to reach around and pull up the actual lock.... hehehe.. or maybe i am just lazy.... i do have to say.. that is about the ONLY pain in the butt so far i have found on my baby.... SkyBaby-07
I never seem to have a problem reaching it, and i don't know where he got that is next to your left ear, it is lower than my left shoulder....

·
Registered
1 Posts
SKY is ALL HYPE

We ordered a chile pepper red sky in June of 2005 the car came in last week the dealer had it detailed and waiting in the show room it looked FANTASTIC! As the Sales rep put the dealer test plate on the car we had a small crowd gathering around the car. We got in and off on our test ride. Other than looking like a million this car is junk!!!! My 1985 Hyundai Pony had more power or at least iI remember it having more. We drove out on to the local freeway and were ASTONISHED at the lack of torque. I shifted from 3rd to 4th my elbow hit the drink holders in the center console, not too impressed! We stopped at a friends to show off the new ride and wife asked how the top went up so i said its your car you better learn and nows as good as a time as any. well what a gong show she made 3 trips around the car to get all the parts into place I'm sure glad it wasn't raining at the time. Hard to operate. Actually awkward is a better word. Heading back to the dealer the wife was looking for a radio station but the reflection on the stereo was so bad that you had to guess what station you were on. And the wind whistling through the gaps in the top around the windows was very distracting. Now for that TRUCK transmission GM should be shot for put that in this car it has the same throw as my old 1976 Ford f250. Pulling back into the dealer the same crowd was waiting with baited breath for our happy smiling faces. I could not get my deposit back fast enough!!! That body needs a sports car under it and a Cavalier is not my Idea of a sports car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
We ordered a chile pepper red sky in June of 2005 the car came in last week the dealer had it detailed and waiting in the show room it looked FANTASTIC! As the Sales rep put the dealer test plate on the car we had a small crowd gathering around the car. We got in and off on our test ride. Other than looking like a million this car is junk!!!! My 1985 Hyundai Pony had more power or at least iI remember it having more. We drove out on to the local freeway and were ASTONISHED at the lack of torque. I shifted from 3rd to 4th my elbow hit the drink holders in the center console, not too impressed! We stopped at a friends to show off the new ride and wife asked how the top went up so i said its your car you better learn and nows as good as a time as any. well what a gong show she made 3 trips around the car to get all the parts into place I'm sure glad it wasn't raining at the time. Hard to operate. Actually awkward is a better word. Heading back to the dealer the wife was looking for a radio station but the reflection on the stereo was so bad that you had to guess what station you were on. And the wind whistling through the gaps in the top around the windows was very distracting. Now for that TRUCK transmission GM should be shot for put that in this car it has the same throw as my old 1976 Ford f250. Pulling back into the dealer the same crowd was waiting with baited breath for our happy smiling faces. I could not get my deposit back fast enough!!! That body needs a sports car under it and a Cavalier is not my Idea of a sports car.
For some reason I have a very hard time believing you actually have driven a Sky much less ordered one.....

I looked this up about the 1980-1985 Hyundai Pony
For 1984, the Pony came only with a 4G14 1436 cc, 70 hp (52 kW), 82 lbf·ft (111 N·m) of torque engine with either a 4-speed or 5-speed manual, or a 3-speed automatic. The 4G12 (1206 cc) engine was not available in Canada. This engine remained through the line until 1986, after which only the 4G16 1597 cc, 74 hp (55 kW), 93 lbf·ft (126 N·m) of torque engine was available
also about the throw on the shifter on the Sky, There is no way your 76 ford truck could have had a sort of throw as the Sky... I have driven one and your claim is totally false...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Too quick judgement??

I had some of the same misgiving as the test driver the first day or two I had my Sky. I experienced the clunk in the tranny. It takes driving this car and getting in sinc with it... getting the rpm's right for shifting etc. No more clunk and the power is adequate. After you put the top up a time or two, it becomes second nature and no big deal. Once you realize that the door must be opened with the key fob if the engine is running...second nature. If the guy wanted all the bells and whistles, he could get a BMW Z4 for $40,000. The top goes up and down with the press of a button. Once you master the nature of the Sky, it is a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
skyfan said:
I had some of the same misgiving as the test driver the first day or two I had my Sky. I experienced the clunk in the tranny. It takes driving this car and getting in sinc with it... getting the rpm's right for shifting etc. No more clunk and the power is adequate. After you put the top up a time or two, it becomes second nature and no big deal. Once you realize that the door must be opened with the key fob if the engine is running...second nature. If the guy wanted all the bells and whistles, he could get a BMW Z4 for $40,000. The top goes up and down with the press of a button. Once you master the nature of the Sky, it is a pleasure to drive.
I agree :agree: If I wanted all the bells and whistles I would of bought a crossfire. But not for 40,000. Our 1992 Viper is primitive enough. The top is folded in the back trunk actually thats the only way it fits in. It actually takes two people to un fold it and mount it on the car. The windows, (AREN'T) they are slide in plastic zip thingy's. After you slide them in the door, then you would have to screw them in to secure :willy: But we LOVE the car! ITS PRIMITIVE BUT ITS VIN # 142 out of 200, and my husbands BABY!! along with the 96 coupe which has been modified quite a bit! I don't like to drive it, and I like fast cars.
But I also Love the styling and handling of the "Sky". Bob L. u did wonders!

·
Registered
165 Posts
skyfan said:
After a couple of days it is all second nature. My 11 year old granddaughter can now put the top up and down by herself!!:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
For some reason I have a very hard time believing you actually have driven a Sky much less ordered one.....
I'm a lil' late reading this... but I found that this guy did have an ad online a week before his post trying to sell the car. I found a cached version, on Yahoo. http://216.109.125.130/search/cache...gall+saturn+sky&d=av1hPzmtNG6H&icp=1&.intl=us

((((((((((2007 SATURN SKY)))))))))))))))) best offer 15-May-06
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL I WILL BE UNABLE TO PURCHASE THIS CAR .IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OWN THE HOTTEST SOLD OUT CONVERTIBLE AROUND E-MAIL YOUR BID TO [email protected]

Cant believe someone would be THAT disapointed after waiting all that time and then try to sell it immediately. Also odd that he has no other posts here.... he knew enough, and wanted the car bad enough a year ago to order it, and didnt post anything here... only when he hated it? WOuldnt he have tried the solstice out in that time?

The comment of "DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND MY CONTROL I WILL BE UNABLE TO PURCHASE THIS CAR" also seems odd.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone. I just joined today and I do have a question. I have read some posts from SKY owners stating what number their car is. They say something about the number being the last four digits of the VIN. Is this true? Someone said their's was one thousand something or other and another said they hoped their's when it came in would still be under 3000. Can anyone tell me if the last four numbers of the VIN are indeed the number of the car out the factory, and if not, how do you tell? Thanks for any help on this. ONX SKY

·
Registered
482 Posts
ONXSKY said:
Hi everyone. I just joined today and I do have a question. I have read some posts from SKY owners stating what number their car is. They say something about the number being the last four digits of the VIN. Is this true? Someone said their's was one thousand something or other and another said they hoped their's when it came in would still be under 3000. Can anyone tell me if the last four numbers of the VIN are indeed the number of the car out the factory, and if not, how do you tell? Thanks for any help on this. ONX SKY
Yes, the last 4 numbers of the vin are the number built since start of production.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts