Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,897 Posts
I'm glad that it covers the 2.2l version. Most of the manuals don't.

Seriously: How complete have you found these to be? All of the discussion I have seen about pdf service manuals says they are incomplete. Are these different?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Last question... How much horse power increase will I get if I upgrade the exhaust to a true dual exhaust?
None - it was a cosmetic thing and added no power.

I don't think you should have much trouble bringing the Opel to Canada - as you said, just some lighting changes.

·
Super Moderator
11,282 Posts
I'm glad that it covers the 2.2l version. Most of the manuals don't.

Seriously: How complete have you found these to be? All of the discussion I have seen about pdf service manuals says they are incomplete. Are these different?
I was leery of them as well but they look like the factory manuals scanned into PDF files. I assembled my engine off it and it seemed very complete. It has a section on how to build your engine in the car, and another completely separate section to build it out of the car (oh, and the 2.0 sections for this are completely separate sections from the 2.2/2.4 sections so in total, 4 engine assembly sections). Like I said, very complete. I haven't had the chance to use it for much else but it certainly covered everything I needed to assemble my head, install it to the block, and then install the timing chains.

My understanding is the 2.2 (LAP) and 2.4 (LE5) are nearly identical engines with only a couple minor differences (other than bore and stroke) so GM wrote one manual for both engines. No need to write a separate manual for an engine whose major difference is the piston and rod size (and crank for the different stroke).

·
Super Moderator
5,897 Posts
I was leery of them as well but they look like the factory manuals scanned into PDF files. I assembled my engine off it and it seemed very complete. It has a section on how to build your engine in the car, and another completely separate section to build it out of the car (oh, and the 2.0 sections for this are completely separate sections from the 2.2/2.4 sections so in total, 4 engine assembly sections). Like I said, very complete. I haven't had the chance to use it for much else but it certainly covered everything I needed to assemble my head, install it to the block, and then install the timing chains.

My understanding is the 2.2 (LAP) and 2.4 (LE5) are nearly identical engines with only a couple minor differences (other than bore and stroke) so GM wrote one manual for both engines. No need to write a separate manual for an engine whose major difference is the piston and rod size (and crank for the different stroke).
One of the reviews states that wiring diagrams are not included. Is this correct? I am thinking about this as a supplement to the Helm manuals I have, but not without wiring diagrams.

My comment about the 2.2 was with tongue planted firmly in cheek, as the listing implies that there is a 2.2l Solstice or Sky.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. I actually have that one. It's more like the old GM ESI CD's. The links don't work, which would really help more. This one does have a lot of info though.

I was hoping to find the actual page for page Shop Manual in a PDF. I have other cars where it is an exact copy of the paper version and it's great.

·
Super Moderator
11,282 Posts
One of the reviews states that wiring diagrams are not included. Is this correct? I am thinking about this as a supplement to the Helm manuals I have, but not without wiring diagrams.

My comment about the 2.2 was with tongue planted firmly in cheek, as the listing implies that there is a 2.2l Solstice or Sky.
I figured but others may not get it. LOL I don't think the wiring diagrams are in there but I haven't looked for them.

Thanks. I actually have that one. It's more like the old GM ESI CD's. The links don't work, which would really help more. This one does have a lot of info though.

I was hoping to find the actual page for page Shop Manual in a PDF. I have other cars where it is an exact copy of the paper version and it's great.
If this isn't the GM shop manual it's leaps and bounds better than the one I use to have in hard copy for my 1997 Grand Prix! LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
If this isn't the GM shop manual it's leaps and bounds better than the one I use to have in hard copy for my 1997 Grand Prix! LOL
No problem. I know what you mean about some of the GM shop manuals. Most of the ones I have are actually pretty good though.

Like I said, there is a lot of info on that CD and I would be lost without it. Still good stuff!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
This is a rip off of the computer shop manual. Whoever ripped it basically printed every screen. There are tons of links in it that are in a wonderful blue color and underlined, just like a true HTML web page link - but they don't work.

The original is used by the mechanic at his work area to lead him in the correct way to accomplish a desired repair.

You can find it on Solsticeforum for download for free.

It's not quite useless, but it's close.

The original is programmed in HTML and works just like a manual on the internet.

YMMV

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Wiring diagrams are NOT included (assuming it is the same one as I described in the prior message.

Oh, and the files are NOT indexed, good luck finding the one you need.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I could NOT find it on the solsticeforum?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts