Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received our Sky, and when I went to read the owners manual noticed all the pages were out of order. Very diffucult to follow. Probably Billy Bob at the factory dropped my manual all over the floor, picked up all the papers, and glued them together. Has anybody else had this problem? Does this mean I need to drink a few beers before I read the manual for it to make sense? :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
You must have the special edition Sky owner's manual...made by the same people who installed the driver & passenger side visors vice versa. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
My theory is...they wanted you to pay more for the correct version of the manual.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Maybe it was put together for people who don't use the index and just flip through the book hoping to find what they want....maybe it's organized alphabetically?:confused:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUNNY_SKY said:
You must have the special edition Sky owner's manual...made by the same people who installed the driver & passenger side visors vice versa. :lol:
:lol: Very funny!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skystar said:
My theory is...they wanted you to pay more for the correct version of the manual.
You're probably right. They probably wanted another $1,000 for a correct owner's manual.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Mine also has the odd page insertion.

For those that say they have good copies of it... look back at the replacement bulb section... then let us know again. :jester: :lol: I don't have mine right with me, but I think they are around page 280.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
Mine also has the odd page insertion.

For those that say they have good copies of it... look back at the replacement bulb section... then let us know again. :jester: :lol: I don't have mine right with me, but I think they are around page 280.
No problems in that area of the manual, but the pages do sort of rattle or clunk.
Is the manual covered under warrenty?
You can certainly order more or replacements throught the dealer.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
moni6 said:
Just received our Sky, and when I went to read the owners manual noticed all the pages were out of order. Very diffucult to follow. Probably Billy Bob at the factory dropped my manual all over the floor, picked up all the papers, and glued them together. Has anybody else had this problem? Does this mean I need to drink a few beers before I read the manual for it to make sense? :lol:
It's a CLASSIC!

Like the Inverted Jenny postage stamp.

Put it in a ziploc bag and keep it pristine like a comic book. Thirty years from now, you'll have a classic 2007 SKY with a mis-printed owner's manual. It will be worth a fortune.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Collectors item!!

My manual is okay.

Maybe if you drink heavily the pages will appear in order. LOL

·
Registered
574 Posts
Works for me!

RedSky07 said:
Collectors item!!

My manual is okay.

Maybe if you drink heavily the pages will appear in order. LOL
They do! And eventually after a case or so...Bob Lutz hisself appears and takes you on a custom tour of your Sky....then you wake up in a motel somewhere with a new tatoo of someone named sugarfoot....:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
"then you wake up in a motel somewhere with a new tatoo of someone named sugarfoot...."

Damn... that's a scarry thought..:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
SUNNY_SKY said:
Ok now thats funny:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sugarfoot sounds like your a horse-lover. Hey keep it clean here! :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Oh no....my secrets out............

RedSky07 said:
Sugarfoot sounds like your a horse-lover. Hey keep it clean here! :lol:
My wife keeps finding an apple in my coat pocket.

I think she's hiring a detective.......:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
moni6 said:
At least you HAVE a manual.

During one of my several repair visit to my dealership, my manual was "borrowed" from my trunk and never returned.

I was told several wks ago that they have some on order.

This past Tues. I went to the parts dept. to see if they arrived. This is the short conversation a had with the clerk:

Me: "Are the new Sky manuals in yet"?
Clerk: "2006 or 2007?

I just walked away.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am going with an automatic, so I don't need the manual:lol:

·
Registered
316 Posts
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts