Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As more and more of us get our cars it would be helpful if you new owners answered the questions below.
Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey below. It might give all of us a better feel for the car. Just copy and paste the questions to answer them. Thanks!
Where applicable use a 1-10 scale to rate your opinion on the following statements. (1 is best and 10 is worst)

Owner:(Name)
Height & Inseam
Weight. (Optional)

Dealer experience:
My dealer was very helpful and informative throughout the order / wait process.
The car was prepared & delivered in accordance with my instructions / wishes.
Overall I am satisfied with my dealer.
Mileage on car when delivered?
Time from image to delivery?

My Sky:
VIN# ?
Color:Exterior & Interior?
Options?
Mileage on my car now?

Exterior general fit & finish:
Paint quality.
Alignment of body panels / gaps.
Top’s ease of operation.
Top wrinkles.
Hood and rear clamshell operation.
Any water leakage noticed?

Interior fit & finish:
Overall interior materials quality.
Seats comfort & support.
Seats appearance.
Dash panel’s fit and finish
Switch gear’s feel and operation.
Gauge placement for easy viewing / operation.
AC operation.
Radio / Sound system
How well does the car fit you?

Driving:
Steering wheel’s feel in conveying what the car is doing.
Transmission’s operation.
Shifter feel.
Side view mirror placement.
Peddle placement.
Squeaks & rattles.
Blind spots.
Cowl shake while cornering.
Wind noise with top up.
Wind noise with top down.
Exhaust note.
Car’s acceleration met my expectations.

Issues or problems noted: (fixes if applicable)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Can we add time from image to delivery? Can you post pictures?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
skywulf said:
Pictures would be awsome, but for some reason seems everyone is having problems posting them :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Owner Survey

Owner:jonm
Height & Inseam: 5'8" / 31
Weight. (Optional) yoyo around 200

Dealer experience: Excellent!!! 10 plus
My dealer was very helpful and informative throughout the order / wait process. Unfortunately GM was giving him little to go on, but he dug a lot and got me info when he could.
The car was prepared & delivered in accordance with my instructions / wishes. He put all the protectant on the interior for me gratis and threw in some shirts and caps.
Overall I am thrilled with my dealer. I can only hope the rest of you have a dealer anywhere close to as good as this guy.
Mileage on car when delivered? 22

My Sky:
Last 4 VIN# 0457
Color:Exterior & Interior?Chili Pepper Red / black top & leather
Options? Everything except spoiler (because I ordered before I could see it,may add it)
Mileage on my car now? only 150 or so since it rained my only full day since delivery

Exterior general fit & finish:9, only found one less than perfect fit so far
Paint quality. 10
Alignment of body panels / gaps. 9, trunk lid down slightly on one side
Top’s ease of operation. 8, mostly getting used to the process but it will never be the easiest top I have had to deal with - my solution is to leave it down for 9 months
Top wrinkles: 10 nothing visibly wrong with top, taut fit
Hood and rear clamshell operation. 8, hood latch hard to find and access initially, both open easily with one hand, closing requires some force behind the move
Any water leakage noticed? Left it in garage during rain

Interior fit & finish: 10 looks very good to me, love the piano black
Overall interior materials quality. 9, accents are great
Seats comfort & support. 9 very good for me, good thing as not very adjustable
Seats appearance. 9, some very minor imperfection on my driver seat
Dash panel’s fit and finish 10, looks great
Switch gear’s feel and operation. 10, easy shifting, very responsive
Gauge placement for easy viewing / operation. 10, it is all right there - the deep setting of the quages and display allow for easy viewing in sunlight without being washed out
AC operation. 7, but I have yet to learn it or need it
Radio / Sound system 9, operation great. Setting up presets a bit daunting,b ut that is a product of it being so versatile and having so many options. Love that you have 3 types of radio, Cds, MP3 Cds and an Ipod input. The audio quality on the Monsoon system is good, but not the best I have ever heard or owned. But the speed sensing volume is a real plus in a convertible.

How well does the car fit you? It fits me great, but my wife would argue it fits her better - and to be honest she looks a lot better in it than I.

Driving: 10 for driving experience. Perhaps it is a honeymoon period, but I find nothing wrong with the driving experience.
Steering wheel’s feel in conveying what the car is doing. 10, feels really connected to the road and responsive to the slightest input.
Transmission’s operation. 10, works well with tight shifting pattern and no problem feeling where you are in the pattern.
Shifter feel. 10, it sits in just the right place, feels good to the hand and there is great arm support leading up the console to the shifter.
Side view mirror placement. 9, clear view and easily adjusted
Peddle placement. 9, occasionally I hit the foot rest when going for the clutch. Will get used to it. Otherwise pedals are great.
Squeaks & rattles. Zip, none, nada. Can't comment otherwise, thankfully.
Blind spots. 9 Surprisingly visibility is not bad, even with the top up. We noted that though the windows are very small, they are at the perfect spot, for our height, not to interfere with visibility. Only thing I don't like is backing out of a parking space looking across the humps. When driving all that diasppears and you have virtually unrestricted visibility through the windows or mirrors.

Cowl shake while cornering. 10, none and I know what this is from my previous convertibles. This one is solid and everyting fits tight... a good thing.
Wind noise with top up. I haven't had the top up at 50 plus to say. None at around town speeds. Top is pretty quiet. Windows seal good.
Wind noise with top down. 9 Not bad. Turbulence in cockpit is less than any of my previous cars. Perhaps that is partially due to not having a rear seat area. But I am not even sure I will add a wind screen. Very pleasant at the speeds I have been driving.
Exhaust note. 10, I think they tuned it nicely. Sounds great, especially for a 4 - it sounds bigger.
Car’s acceleration met my expectations. 10, while it is not gonna throw you back in your seat, it accelerates quickly and is very smooth. They adjusted the torque to get the most out of the 177 horses. For me it is more than enough to have the fun I want.

Issues or problems noted: (fixes if applicable) None so far.

GREAT CAR!

·
Registered
380 Posts
My Sky:
Last 4 VIN#? 0512
Color:Exterior & Interior? Red, Tan top, tan interior,
Options? 6 cd, LSD, chrome wheels
Mileage on my car now? 396

Exterior general fit & finish: 10
Paint quality. 10
Alignment of body panels / gaps. 10
Top’s ease of operation. 7 - I don't like having to walk around to plug in the buttresses, but they work well. I'll get used to it.
Top wrinkles. Only on one of the buttresses
Hood and rear clamshell operation. 10
Any water leakage noticed? Washed it once. I won't know until I get in a heavy rain storm or car wash.

Interior fit & finish:
Overall interior materials quality. 10, better than I expected
Seats comfort & support. Seats are great
Seats appearance. 10 Good workmanship.
Dash panel’s fit and finish 10
Switch gear’s feel and operation. 7 Not as good as a Miata or BMWZ4. It takes getting used to but not bad.
Gauge placement for easy viewing / operation. 7 - I think the gages are hard to read and the gas gage disappears behind the rim of the steering wheel.
AC operation. 10 very simple to use.
Radio / Sound system 8 - Just OK
How well does the car fit you? Perfectly

Driving:
Steering wheel’s feel in conveying what the car is doing. 10 handles really well.
Transmission’s operation. 8 - Clunks sometimes between 1st to 2nd to 3rd.
Shifter feel. Takes getting use to. 2nd to 3rd tricky. Overall not bad.
Side view mirror placement. Driver side view mirror: It's hard to see past the tall rear fenders.
Peddle placement. 10 Perfect. I like the Stainless Steel pedals
Squeaks & rattles. I had a rattle in the dash, but it mysteriously went away???
Blind spots. Cowl shake while cornering. None
Wind noise with top up. None. Very tight!
Wind noise with top down. Minimal compared to other roadsteres
Exhaust note. It's quiet. I would personally like a little more throaty sound.
Car’s acceleration met my expectations. It could use a little more HP but it's not sluggish.

Issues or problems noted: Very well pleased - A GREAT CAR!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skywulf said:
skywulf; Consider it done. Anyone else want me to add a question to the survey?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Owner:(Name) ishot3bucks
Height & Inseam 33 inch
Weight. (Optional) 180

Dealer experience: (10) Awesome, MSRP from beginning
My dealer was very helpful and informative throughout the order / wait process. 10
The car was prepared & delivered in accordance with my instructions / wishes. 10
Overall I am satisfied with my dealer. 10 great dealership Saturn of Lakeside
Mileage on car when delivered? 19 miles

My Sky:
Last 4 VIN#? 739
Color:Exterior & Interior? silver pearl/black
Options? leather/cd monsoon/chrome/cd mansoon
Mileage on my car now? 65

Exterior general fit & finish:10 tight lines, look awesome/COLOR]Paint quality. 10 silver pearl is CLASSY, looks great
Alignment of body panels / gaps. 10 no noticable gaps
Top’s ease of operation. 10 No problems, use to own a jeep!
Top wrinkles. 7 wish this was a bit better, wrinkled on sides
Hood and rear clamshell operation. 9 hardest part is finding the hood latch!
Any water leakage noticed? NOT YET IN RAIN!

Interior fit & finish:
Overall interior materials quality. 8 looks rich! Some hard plastic
Seats comfort & support. 10 "like a glove"
Seats appearance. 10 white stiching in seats give it great detail...looks fine!
Dash panel’s fit and finish 9 clean lines rich appearence!
Switch gear’s feel and operation. No clunking...smooth for me!
Gauge placement for easy viewing / operation. I put the steering wheel low and can see everything great...interior lights help.
AC operation. Not yet in Michigan! Heat works great!
Radio / Sound system Mansoon sounds great, I love it!
How well does the car fit you? Moved seat up to reach clutch!

Driving:
Steering wheel’s feel in conveying what the car is doing. Like a race car!
Transmission’s operation. Smooth
Shifter feel. Short and fun!
Side view mirror placement. After adjustments...good view of side of car.
Peddle placement. No problem
Squeaks & rattles. NONE!
Blind spots. have not noticed.
Cowl shake while cornering. ?
Wind noise with top up. City driving only so far..very littlenoise.
Wind noise with top down. No problem with noise, but more cross breeze than expected...but I like that!
Exhaust note.
Car’s acceleration met my expectations. Expectations were not high with 4 banger, but I think it is fine for me!
Issues or problems noted:(fixes if applicable) None...I'm in love with her!

This car is a head turner!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Owner:Stu's Sky
Height & Inseam 6' 2"
Weight. 240

Dealer experience:
My dealer was very helpful and informative throughout the order / wait process. 10
The car was prepared & delivered in accordance with my instructions / wishes. 9
Overall I am satisfied with my dealer. 9
Mileage on car when delivered? 13
Time from image to delivery? Deposit in Dec, ended up buying the owner's choice (1st unit)

My Sky:
VIN# 627
Color:Exterior & Interior? Graphite/Black
Options: everything with manual
Mileage on my car now? 178

Exterior general fit & finish: 9
Paint quality. 10
Alignment of body panels / gaps. 9
Top’s ease of operation. 9
Top wrinkles. 9
Hood and rear clamshell operation. 9
Any water leakage noticed? Not been wet yet

Interior fit & finish: 10
Overall interior materials quality. 10
Seats comfort & support. 10
Seats appearance. 9
Dash panel’s fit and finish 10
Switch gear’s feel and operation. 9
Gauge placement for easy viewing / operation. 7 (cannot see radio display when top is down and sunlight shines in)
AC operation. Not used yet
Radio / Sound system 10
How well does the car fit you? Just right. If I was taller, I would be in trouble

Driving:
Steering wheel’s feel in conveying what the car is doing. 10
Transmission’s operation. 10
Shifter feel. 10
Side view mirror placement. 9
Peddle placement. 10
Squeaks & rattles. Minor vibration from behind the seats at high RPM
Blind spots. None
Cowl shake while cornering. None
Wind noise with top up. It is there, but normal for a rag top
Wind noise with top down. Normal
Exhaust note. Love it, perfect
Car’s acceleration met my expectations. Just enough to stay out of trouble

Issues or problems noted: Rear wheels rub inner wheel well since delivery. Taking car in on April 3rd for an alignment, caster adjustment and plastic wheel wells replaced by Saturn under warranty. Otherwise, perfect.

Hope this is helpful. This is not my primary ride. So, I keep the miles low. I am a Honda/Acura buyer and this is my first American car. I am pleased overall.:thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Owner: NCBlue
Height & Inseam: 5'3" rather short legs(petite)
Weight: not skinny

Dealer experience: Great, given the info that he had.
My dealer was very helpful and informative throughout the order / wait process. were as excited as I was
The car was prepared & delivered in accordance with my instructions / wishes. They didn't have the invoice when it arrived, but that was not their fault
Overall I am satisfied with my dealer. Very! They promised and delivered MSRP and there were no required add-ons.
Mileage on car when delivered? 15
Time from image to delivery? Ordered 1/11/06, arrived 3/14/06, delivered 3/16/06

My Sky:
VIN# ?100478
Color:Exterior & Interior? Silver Pearl/Black leather/Black top
Options? LSD, 6-disc, Chrome, First Place Finish, 3M clear bra, mud flaps, 7 yr/100K warranty
Mileage on my car now?715
(scale of 1-10: 1 being worst and 10 best)
Exterior general fit & finish: 10
Paint quality. 10 although she did have a tiny chip on the rear passenger panel above the wheel, which they are going to touch up
Alignment of body panels / gaps.10
Top’s ease of operation.9, but I have never owned a convertible, and need to work on my upper-body strength. It's easier to lower than to put back up, just because you have to get it close enough to latch the main hook. I love to get practice putting it down!
Top wrinkles.9, just on the buttresses, and I think they will go away with time. I think it shows the tightness of the top when it is up, that it's secure.
Hood and rear clamshell operation:10-you just have to get used to shutting the trunk firmly in the middle of the clamshell.
Any water leakage noticed?Not that I know of. It has rained, and I have not seen any leaks.

Interior fit & finish:10-the fit is like a glove, like it was built for me! The cockpit seems really spacious for a 2-seater
Overall interior materials quality:10- The piano-black finishes just shine-they'll almost blind you in the sun!
Seats comfort & support:10- Really comfortable. I've never owned leather seats before, and they are nice!
Seats appearance:10-The white stitching on the black leather is quite sharp
Dash panel’s fit and finish:10-Very well organized and easy to reach. The steering wheel controls are soo convenient! The a/c and heating knobs are very responsive-they have slight "notches" that you can feel as you turn them, and the rubber around each dial aids in the turning of the knob, so you know how far you are turning it, but it's in no way cheap-feeling.
The windshield wipers even have a speed adjustment feature-they slow down and speed up when you do!!
Switch gear’s feel and operation:9-Manual transmission feels very solid, a little bit of rattling when low RPM's in changing gears, and I do hear the clunk from 1st-2nd. It goes away if you keep the RPM's up (2500-3k) when shifting
Gauge placement for easy viewing / operation:10- Gauges well-placed and easy to view. The DIC is very informative and easy to view while driving. The amber light of the dials is very soothing, not harsh at all.
AC operation:10- Very easy to operate; heater and a/c work well. The heater will burn you up if you leave it on long enough. I have to turn the temp control a few clicks cooler to stand it for long (but then I'm hot-natured)
Radio / Sound system:10-Sound system is fantastic, 6 disc player easy to load-it tells you when to insert each disc. Only drawback is when the sun hits the dislay and it's hard to read
How well does the car fit you?10-Like it was custom-molded!

Driving:
Steering wheel’s feel in conveying what the car is doing:10-really in contact with the car-very responsive! The steering wheel itself feels very powerful-it seems thicker than a regular steering wheel (comparing to my 01 SC2) so you feel more in control.
Transmission’s operation:10
Shifter feel:10-had to get used to the short-throw shifter, but gears feel a bit firmer, more secure in knowing which gear you're in than the other 5 speeds I have driven. The placement of the shifter is perfect-your hand naturally rests on it
Side view mirror placement:10-I love seeing part of the rear curve in my side mirror!
Pedal placement:10
Squeaks & rattles:9-just rattles a bit when shifting at too low RPM's
Blind spots:9-with top up, large ones that take a bit getting used to-I'm used to my 3-door windows! But, the top down views makes up for all that! 360 degree panoramas!!
Cowl shake while cornering:10-none that I notice
Wind noise with top up:9-a bit seems to come from the buttresses, but not really noticeable when the radio is on
Wind noise with top down:9-A bit at 70, but I think that is to be expected with highway speeds. Around town, not bad at all.
Exhaust note:10-she sounds mean when you rev'er up to 3500-4K! Out of our way!!
Car’s acceleration met my expectations: 10-better than expected-soo much easier on the eyes in person!!

Issues or problems noted: (fixes if applicable) Panel damage due to service error when lifting to install mud flaps. Dealer ordered parts and will repair under warranty

Otherwise-I love my SKY (and so does everyone else who sees her!!!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts