Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having a couple issues. Last year my check engine light came on with code P0366 Cam shaft position sensor circuit range performance bank 1. I replaced both but I still get the code.

The other issue - Im getting the code P0230 Fuel pump primary circuit. After the car warms up its starts to misfire when I accelerate and had died two different times when I came to a stop. The misfiring isn't every time but continues to happen. I changed both the Intake and Exhaust solenoids, the 4 spark plugs and regularly put cleaner in the gas tank. I still have the problem and don't know why. Any ideas ?? Really hope this is a simple fix

·
Super Moderator
5,573 Posts
Does the P0366 indicate immediately after starting the engine, or does it take several minutes to illuminate the MIL?

P0230 indicates a problem in the fuel pump relay control circuit and can be a short to ground, short to voltage or open circuit.
Reading the code should indicate which of these problems is occurring.

Just to clarify: You have changed the solenoids and the sensors? P0366 indicates a problem with the sensor.

These are both electrical or wiring problems. Has anything happened to the wiring in the car? You might try unplugging and reconnecting the ECM.
Look for damaged wiring around the engine and also check all of the connectors to make sure they are tight.

As a side note, I would not use fuel system cleaner on any kind of regular basis. Or ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine light does not come on right away.

Yes I changed both solenoids and position sensors

I have checked the wires I can see and all connectors. The only thing is the little plastic part that locks the connector onto the solenoids has broke off but those have a pretty good suction connect and doesn't seem like its coming loose at all.

I was YouTubing ECM. What do you suggest is the best way to reset it ??

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update on what my issue was. When I replaced the Camshaft position sensors, I ordered them online and one of them was a defective part. I had to replace the exhaust sensor (passenger side) again. I bought the part from the dealership this time $80.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts