Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the P0303 and P0300 code come on some time ago, noticed it had not had new plugs so I changed them. Well the P0300 has not come back, but P0303 tripped the other day. It has only happened on really cold starts with it being cold outside, i.e. in the morning. I did not know if there was a correlation, and I did not see anybody else from the search function have it trip at idle. Any ideas? I am going to try replacing the plug wires.

·
7,051 Posts
I had the P0303 and P0300 code come on some time ago, noticed it had not had new plugs so I changed them. Well the P0300 has not come back, but P0303 tripped the other day. It has only happened on really cold starts with it being cold outside, i.e. in the morning. I did not know if there was a correlation, and I did not see anybody else from the search function have it trip at idle. Any ideas? I am going to try replacing the plug wires.
A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a lot longer list than I want Vic. >_<. Especially when im driving 1000 miles this weekend.

·
7,051 Posts
That's a lot longer list than I want Vic. >_<. Especially when im driving 1000 miles this weekend.
I'm sure you can remove one suggested cure from that long list "Running out of fuel"... :)
Good luck with this tedious operation and keep up posted! :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, did u ever figure out what caused the mis fire codes on cold idle? I have the same issue now with my 2007 redline. P0300, P0302, P0301 ect . Only when I start the car, and within first 30sec the misfires occur. After car warms, no misfires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts