Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my wife's yellow Red Liine about this time last year from a one owner three states away. Shortly after when its cold out side it would throw a P0556 code so we called the Owner If he ever had this code. He said it would do the same to them and they never could pinpoint the cause. That's all they did was replace the brake booster switch.
Searching I couldn't find much info on this code for the Red Line but a lot of G8's with this code.
I thought I would post the fix for this code so others searching.
I replaced this hose GM Part 15797572 $19 and it has the check valve built in. It took about 30minutes for this fix and no more P0556
I cut the check valve out of the old hose and sure enough it was bad/ couldn't blow through it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Picked up my wife's yellow Red Liine about this time last year from a one owner three states away. Shortly after when its cold out side it would throw a P0556 code so we called the Owner If he ever had this code. He said it would do the same to them and they never could pinpoint the cause. That's all they did was replace the brake booster switch.
Searching I couldn't find much info on this code for the Red Line but a lot of G8's with this code.
I thought I would post the fix for this code so others searching.
I replaced this hose GM Part 15797572 $19 and it has the check valve built in. It took about 30minutes for this fix and no more P0556
I cut the check valve out of the old hose and sure enough it was bad/ couldn't blow through it.
Thank you share your info.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know this is an old post but figured feedback would be useful.

I had this code and replaced the brake booster switch. While it reduced the occurrence, the real issue for my car was a boost leak that was getting larger - FMIC end tank had a long crack. Replacing the intercooler and installing t-bolt clamps at the throttlebody, couplers, and all hoses solved it for good. As the crack grew larger, other codes started to show up (related to fuel trim or misfire)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts