Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share my experience with the code P2188 (rich fuel mixture at idle). I had tried everything I could think of for over a year. New o2 sensors, MAF sensor, plugs and so on. I even took it to the dealer. They installed a new o2 sensor at the cost of $300, which I had just put a new one in. When I told them the o2 sensor was new they then told me I needed a new cat at the cost of $1600. I picked the car up and replaced the cat with a solo. The code still can back after I cleared it over and over and also went into limp mode. So I decided to replace the fuel injectors, but I thought I would try a fuel injector cleaner first, without expecting it would work, but after a year of aggravation, after I ran about two tanks of fuel with Lucas fuel injector cleaner the light did not come back on. To say the least, I’m amazed. I've ran about 4 tanks now and the code has not come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.