Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for options on adding/installing a cellphone holder somewhere convenient (perfect place for me would be right between the steering wheel and a/c controls).

Ran into this today and was curious if anyone here had ever installed one or know of anyone who had:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
168 Posts
This smart phone cradle looks like a real winner. Please follow up with installation details and pictures. I would be especially interested concerning the view of the phone while driving....if there is an unavoidable obstruction.

Has anyone found an excellent aftermarket twin cup holder? The twin one in back is accident prone as confirmed with the mess that I bought with the car.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
......Has anyone found an excellent aftermarket twin cup holder? The twin one in back is accident prone as confirmed with the mess that I bought with the car.
I have a cupholder on the floor right in front of my seat that I find very useful. The only problem I have with it is getting a very large cup out from under the steering wheel, but I try to avoid thse anyway. It is convenient, cheap, holds my sunglasses and garage door opener, and I can easily move it to whichever car I am driving.

I bought an SUV console-mount cupholder/storage tray combination at either a parts or discount store, and sawed the back off of it. I can post a picture tonight if you are interested.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why not just buy & install the DDM console with the built in cup holders? I've just done mine and its an improvement over what was there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This smart phone cradle looks like a real winner. Please follow up with installation details and pictures. I would be especially interested concerning the view of the phone while driving....if there is an unavoidable obstruction.

Has anyone found an excellent aftermarket twin cup holder? The twin one in back is accident prone as confirmed with the mess that I bought with the car.
Why not just buy & install the DDM console with the built in cup holders? I've just done mine and its an improvement over what was there.
I have a Doxie that rides with me and she goes back and forth so the DDM console was not a good option for us. The phone holder and heavy duty, old fashion hang on the door cup holder

This what I went with and made a custom mount Liquid Caddy Drink Holder : Cabela's

This will fit, they just felt week with the coffee mugs.

or

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought about one, but don't want the obstruction.
I wondered if there might be some obstruction over where my arm usually sits but i went out for a 2 hr drive Saturday after installing it and it didn't bother me at all. Also picked up a coffee and used the front cup holder and again, no issue with it.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
I wondered if there might be some obstruction over where my arm usually sits but i went out for a 2 hr drive Saturday after installing it and it didn't bother me at all. Also picked up a coffee and used the front cup holder and again, no issue with it.
A coffee cup might be low enough to not interfere, but anything else is in the way of my hand going from steering wheel to shifter. I'm glad you are comfortable with it, but it just doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to own a 2003 Corvette that had an aftermarket dual cup holder. I wonder if it will also work in a Sky. Here is a picture of one installed. As I recall, it has a large tab up top that tucks behind the center console, and another that tucks below. It might get in the way of the Sky's OEM cup holder contraption, but maybe it could be retro-fitted.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
I used to own a 2003 Corvette that had an aftermarket dual cup holder. I wonder if it will also work in a Sky. Here is a picture of one installed. As I recall, it has a large tab up top that tucks behind the center console, and another that tucks below. It might get in the way of the Sky's OEM cup holder contraption, but maybe it could be retro-fitted.
Someone, either here or across the street, has used one of those successfully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a cupholder on the floor right in front of my seat that I find very useful. The only problem I have with it is getting a very large cup out from under the steering wheel, but I try to avoid thse anyway. It is convenient, cheap, holds my sunglasses and garage door opener, and I can easily move it to whichever car I am driving.

I bought an SUV console-mount cupholder/storage tray combination at either a parts or discount store, and sawed the back off of it. I can post a picture tonight if you are interested.
2 months ago I bought a left and right side of these and they have been working fine. The stitching matches that of the seats and they come in colors.
Holder.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
All right received the holder and got it installed.

Two screws hold It.there is no movement when you are driving of the phone.

This is my exact view of the phone.

The screws for mounting the holder to the mounts were a bit to long so I cut them to fit

even with the length of the screws i really like where it mounts.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s great! Mines still en route (arriving Sat, supposedly).

What did you end up going with? I just bought the mount, no phone holder, as I was thinking of using my own.

Could you take a pic of the setup w/o the phone?

Thx for sharing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts